Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

TheUnknown

So, I was going to present my thesis at conference in January. In Orlando. I had my hotel booked. I had my flight booked. All I needed was for my financial aid. Only UGA won't give you that until your outstanding obligations to the university are paid. The thing I needed was my December rent. My mom has borrowed money from me and borrowed money not just this semester but previously, too. And serious dough, too, each time putting me into a bind. She's given me empty promises to repay me when this check comes in, but something always happens. I was counting on her to finally follow through LIKE SHE ewokING PROMISED.

Instead, she strung me along. At Thanksgiving, she promised me $200. That became $150, then $100, then zilch, then give her $20. She did pay me some. It ended up where I needed the last $100. Instead of giving it to me AS SHE HAD PROMISED and AS SHE OWES ME, I was forced to borrow it (meaning, have to repay) from my aunt. I didn't get the final payment in until 4:45 PM the Friday before Christmas due to 1) not finding out I had to borrow from someone else until that day and 2) internet troubles. I ended up getting sick of Christmas (which flared up again this week) due to the stress). I held out hope that it was in time for them to remove the block on the direct deposit or that they'd come in the week afterwards and remove it. Didn't happen. I didn't get the money until like two days after my panel was supposed to happen. Oh, and I had already fully paid for the flight, so I'm out almost $200.

To sum it up, my mother cost me my trip. If she weren't a ewoking bum, it wouldn't have happened. Hell, if she had just paid me back when she said she would, this wouldn't have happened. Despite her claims about it being something that comes up, I saw how she spends her money and what she spends it on: lot's of eating out, scratch off lottery tickets, cigarettes (Marlboro's too, so expensive), paying her store credit card accounts, and junk food. They've already lost their car, and my stepfather is going to have to try to borrow money from his 401K to stop foreclosure AGAIN.

When I confronted her about this (as well as in the past), the bitch called me "selfish." I've given her probably upwards of $5,000, most of which she hasn't repaid. But I do have to repay that because that's loan money. She throws up how they've helped me in turn. Well, guess what, if I didn't have you leaching off me, I wouldn't ewoking need it!

So, this is how I've started my semester, in addition to being sick, and long been having the feeling like I'm stumbling again through school.

Princess

That sucks man

Pandora

Oh man. It never ceases to amaze me how parents can be like that. I'm so sorry.

TheUnknown

So, I found out that one of my high school classmates was killed in a hit and run. I had known her since elementary school, but hadn't talked to her since middle school, but I'm more saddened than I thought I would be. Add in that she's the second (to my knowledge) of my graduating class to die (the other was a suicide).

Edited by TheUnknown

Pandora

Oh man. I'm so sorry to hear that. *hug*

James the Defender

That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear about it!

Princess

I walked in to work today and a pipe burst and I got burned from the stinky water coming out of the HVAC system

Pandora

Ow. Also ew.

Princess

Luckily, there were plenty of surgical scrubs for me to change into and one of the housekeepers washed my scrubs for me

Princess

*sigh* I can't find more articles for my literature review to add what my instructor wants to see. I hope I can find the points in the articles that I already have

Ayingel

Sir, I have told you FOUR TIMES NOW in DIFFERENT WAYS. You don't receive an annual statement on your CD except when your CD renews every year, which yours doesn't. The reason that your last statement was received in October of 2009 is because that's when it last matured. You do get a tax form every year. I don't want to have a circular conversation with you about this. My answer doesn't change.

Princess

My instructor said that I needed to add to my literature review and now I find an article that says that there is little to no information regarding the topic out there

James the Defender

I am SO frustrated with the failings of my body! I have physical problems of a man twice my age! I should not have to deal with these issues at 26! I hate this body!

Sin

I hate Having chronic bronchitis, I am the only member of my family who does not smoke and yet I am the only one with bad lungs, thank you second hand smoke. So now becuse of this stupid flair I have to miss 3 days of work, great way to start the new year off!

Drake

Ain't nobody got time for that!

Pandora
cm-21545-650528a3316409.gif
  • Upvote 1

Bad furday

Teehee, that meme's been making the rounds quite a bit!

Jake Durron

I'm so angry I don't have the ability to express it.

Ayingel

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY THINKING?!

I can't tell if it references drugs or sex more -_-

Pandora

No.

Jake Durron

I love how the other members of the student senate decided to tell me to my face that no one wanted me to be in the senate, they all hated me and they were forced by advisors to add me. They wrote horrible things down about me, thought I was a bitch and some still think I am. I have done nothing but bend over backwards trying to be polite and kind and helpful.

Pandora

Between exhaustion, dehydration, caffeine overdose, allergies, and this damn construction equipment right outside my window, I've got one killer headache. Oh and statistics, did I mention statistics?

Princess

My instructor for my capstone project told me to use a t-test for my project. I emailed my stats professor from earlier this semester with a question about the wording of my null hypothesis and he told me that I couldn't use a t-test and need to use a correlation. So much to re-write now!

Andy

There's something about being 30 and broke on minimum wage in a sithty job that Ididn't anticipate about my future. C'est la vie!

Ayingel

Truth.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.