Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Princess

I had a grad school meltdown today. Just to clarify something for the other grad students first though, I'm getting a Master's of Science in Administration degree. Instead of a thesis, we have an integrated management project called our capstone project. We write that paper as our big bang. The class I'm taking right now, in addition to healthcare finance, is the precursor to the capstone class that I'll be taking in January. In MSA 600, we learn to write a research proposal. Most of us were told that we could use that for MSA 699. This project needs to be of an administrative/managerial nature. I talked to my director and came up with one, of comparing 5 analyzers to determine which one we will be buying in about a year after I finish the research and which ones can increase our revenue by offering new tests to perform in house instead of sending out.

Sounds awesome.

Everyone in my program thought it was a good project even if they didn't understand the terminology that I was using until I got to the words "increased revenue."

So tonight in class our teacher is talking about the differences between MSA 600 and 699. Then he goes on to give us the criteria for the research proposal that we'll be writing in his class. We have to do a correlational analysis for our research proposal, in the form of "There is a relationship between 'X' and 'Y'" even though there are 7 other formats that are acceptable for the MSA 699 project. My topic now no longer fits that type of format.

I'm thinking now that my research question will be "Is there a relationship between modifying a testing menu and increased revenue?"

Princess

And another school meltdown this week.

MSA 640 is listed as a prerequisite for MSA 699. But I had to have stats first for 3 of my final 4 classes: MSA 600, MSA 640, and MSA 699. This semester had MSA 600, HSC 571 and MSA 640 all offered. MSA 640 is not located at my campus and is online every semester, so I am taking MSA 600 and HSC 571. I went to register for spring classes planning on taking MSA 640 spring 1 and MSA 699 spring 2. Problem. MSA 699 is a full 16 week class instead of 8, so it's not offered in spring 2. MSA 640 is only an 8 week class. So, if granted an override, MSA 640 would be completed before MSA 699. But registration refuses to grant me an override, stating that MSA 640 HAS to be done and graded before you can take 600.

Asshats.

Sin

So my apartment flooded tonight, most of the stuff that was on the floor is ruined. It's kinda cold here in Florida and the hot water heater busted. I called the matance guy around 9pm...he did not show up for almost two hours and at last check the water still has not been turned off. RPM, the cat and I are staying the night at my moms. I am so pissed right now I don't even have the words.

After I could not get ahold of mantice, I called my mom who the. Had to call 911 becuse the water was coming out of the elect sockets...and it smelled like smoke. RPM was at work while all this was going on, so the firefighets showed up just as I was leaving....RPM is at the apartment now trying to save what can be saved.

The worst part is I did not think to buy renters insurance, so I fear we fing screwed and now I have to call out of work today (Tuesday) and we have so much going on at work that I been working 11 hour days. Why does everthing happen at once?

Princess

That sucks Sin

Sin

Thanks prinny

Now we are trying to get, out of the lease becuse we no longer feel safe at the apartment complex....such a mess!

Edited by Sin

Ayingel

You know, it probably isn't a good idea to be rude to your banker. I know things that could help you and I'm not going to tell you what they are if you talk to me like that.

Also, some of these people that I encounter....how are they even a functioning member of society??

Pandora

Who said they function?

Ayingel

True. They must be spoon fed.

Pandora

Probably are. Yet I bet they still drive. Frightening.

Princess

my laptop ate 7 hours worth of finance notes today that i took in class. I was able to get a new set of notes from a classmate, but they aren't MY notes

James the Defender

Why does everything have to cost money? As one of the people we met in the ministry said, "That guy who invented money screwed everything up!" I wholeheartedly agree with you, sir.

I would be happy with the barter system. I haven't been able to buy beer in months. I'd be happy with saying to Wells Fargo, "Hey, I'll be happy to [insert task here] every month if you pay the car loan. Hey, AT&T, I'll [insert task here] every month if you pay the phone bill. Hey, HESAA, I'll [insert task here] in exchange for my college loan debt bill. Hey, Sallie Mae, same thing." Ugh, very frustrating. And, as a side-note, "Hey, Dogfish Head Brewery, I'll scrub the mash tun AND the lauter tun if you give me a case of IPA per month." I'm a beer snob, I know.

Oh, and it bugs me that my uncle smokes and he barely has money for food. Seriously? You can't stop smoking to keep eating? I know it's an addiction and one of the hardest to break at that, but come on! Food or cigarettes? Not a tough choice, there.

Radioactive Isotope

Dear idiot teeny-bopper boys and Little Caesar's employees:

Yes, we are aware Halloween was Wednesday. However, we are nerds at a nerd party. When you're a cosplayer, every day is Halloween. You're just jealous you're not as cool as we are. So kindly shut your pie hole and let us have our fun.

Sincerely,

Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Bane, Queen Nehelenia, a Ninja guy, and the one poor normal chick we drug along for the ride

Pandora

The good news: next semester should be my last, AND I get to teach a class that won't be cancelled.

The bad news. I've got 50 hours of assistantship, lab duties, and thesis hours per week. And then I still have to take classes. And apply for jobs. And the easy class I was going to take just to hit full-time conflicts with the class I'm teaching. My best hope to retain a shred of sanity is to get approval from the department chair to take 9 hours. Why me?

Pandora

I got next semester squared away. Huzzah.

Now if I can just manage to pass this insanely difficult stats class. :cry:

James the Defender

"Huzzah" is such an awesome word! So underused in today's society!

Princess

I wrote the entire Problem Statement on my research proposal longhand at work yesterday because we have a stupid encryption program that removable media doesn't work.

Princess

Stupid finance exam. Already been texting my prof about it because it was supposed to be from chapters 1&2 and I got several questions on income statements that we didn't cover in class and were from chapter 3.

Ayingel

Have I mentioned how I feel that math can die a fiery death in hell?

James the Defender

Math was the bane of my existence in school. I hate it,

Uncle Du

Why the ewok am I so irritable this evening?! I don't like it! It's not like my day was bad in any way. On the contrary, it was pretty laid back. Goddamn it.

Pandora

I have those days. It's called PMS. ;)

I spent hours today fighting with my stats package to do what I wanted it to do for my final paper in Multivariate Analysis. I get home and start writing out the intro and methods section.... and all that work I did was for nothing, because God ewok it if I didn't use the wrong analyses for my hypothesis. And now I'm thinking about it and getting more pissed because my FIRST idea for an analysis was the correct one. Shoot me.

Uncle Du

I definitely don't understand most of that, but, uh, that sucks. Sorry. :p

And yea, I think it's that time of month for my pre-malestrual-cycle. :p

Bad furday

Uncle is dealing with the man-flu. We must talk amongst ourselves. :p

Radioactive Isotope

My car won't start. Likely the culprit is either the starter or the cylanoid. And we can't afford to fix it right now. I hate that stupid thing.

Princess

I understand what Pod said. I'm sorry, that sucks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.