Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

TheUnknown

My assistantship was not renewed for this year (I'm trying not to think about why). So, I'm looking for something to tie me over. It's hard to find something that sounds like something I would not go completely insane doing and that has the flexibility I need.

Pandora

Oh that sucks so bad. Good luck!

Ayingel

I told you when I got this job that if I was close to be being hired on at the time of the wedding that I don't want to take time off after the wedding so I can get the benefits. Now you're telling me that I "never told you." No, you just refused to listen. My 600th hour is the week of the wedding.

Bad furday

Lol, kohls is being their usual dickish self...

I requested off the 22nd to the 27th....and in a dick move, they've scheduled me for the 27th...and I know they'll say, "technically, it's early morning on the 28th, what's the problem?"

I'll see if I can switch with someone...otherwise...not my fault if I don't come in, because my flight is delayed. :p :nahnah:

James the Defender

Dad, you don't understand my wife, stop acting like you do!

James the Defender

*screams* I AM SOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!

James the Defender

Also, Dad, Mischief is not your dog! When we ask you kindly not to feed her ANYTHING but what she normally eats please don't say, "Well, take her for a walk" and continue to feed her! We are walking her and exercise can only do so much! Stop feeding the dog bread and ham! She's starting to get chunky. STOP!!!!!

P.S. Don't lie and say you read the ingredients on a package to find out if it didn't have any of her allergens in it when you actually didn't! Look: corn and oats. STOP!

Pandora

Wanted to get my stats homework done tonight but my "remote access" SPSS doesn't work remotely. Go effing figure.

Ayingel

Wedding panic attacks while at work aren't fun.

Edited by Ayingel

Ayingel

Class started on the 27th. You, Ms Viske or whatever the hell your new name is going to be, waited to post anything to an ONLINE COURSE until the next day, after we all spent around $800 on class fees and $150 on a digital book code, and in order for us to be able to use the code for the digital book, we needed your code. Which you wouldn't post until the next day. It has now been over a week and you have finally posted the homework for this class, with the note "I'm going to be posting the syllabus later, but this class is going to be done at your own pace." WTF? I need guidance. Not "Oh here you go, have fun not knowing what's going on." You are an instructor. An instructor who has put us a week behind in an online class that you have been teaching for four years and you apparently waited to write the syllabus until the first week or two of classes. I understand that you're getting married, but so am I and I am freaking the ewok out right now. I hope all of our advisers find out about how sithily you're handling this. And now I see that there are going to be "proctored tests that will have arrangements for those of you who live 45 miles away from campus," um, I don't know about everyone else, but I work 40+ hours a week. Where my schedule is put out three weeks in advance. If the rest of the class is this way, I hope you have a nice long, long, long chat with your department head. I don't find this acceptable, and I certainly hope that my classmates don't find it acceptable either.

Pandora

What a terrible teacher.

Speaking of irritating faculty. I wish these CogNerds would chill the hell out. All the other psychologists in the department are experts at dealing with people. Get out of your own stupid brains (and your rats' brains) and think about what you're asking of me. Oy. Not looking forward to writing this research plan tonight.

Princess

Mocha whipped a giant rope toy into one of my toes today. At best, it's severely bruised

Ana

My foot slipped going down the stairs, so I ended up riding down half a flight on my ass. Bruised tailbone and some very impressive rugburn on my left elbow.

Radioactive Isotope

Three stress tests really is too much for one person and one scanner. Especially since the cardiologist isn't stationed on site. 'Scuse me while I crash in this booth over here.

Princess

Stats class sucks and the people are morons

Pandora

Ya know, it's starting to get really irritating that apparently everyone that ever emails me seems to think that I live for their emails. I mean, geeze, I've only got 60 hours a week in responsibilities, clearly there's something wrong with me if I can't handle every single little teensy weensy issue within five minutes. :roll:

Ayingel

My classmates don't find it acceptable how you are running this class. I am frustrated to tears because you have JUST FINALLY posted your syllabus. The middle of the third week of class. WHAT THE EVERLIVING ewok, WOMAN?!

Pandora

Getting out of bed today is becoming an exercise in futility.

Princess

I felt that way today too, and then I gorge on chocolate and that gave me life, but I felt guilty for the junk food

Princess

One person in my stats class was opposed to the midterm getting pushed back one week. Now we have to have the midterm on Monday and I'm working nights all weekend, I'm going to be SO tired for this exam.

TheUnknown

For the past three weeks, I have been unable to stay asleep. I go to bed around midnight, only to wake up around 3 or 4. I try to fall back asslep but never can (until like 10, 11 AM or noon). At first, I thought it was stress as it started during a week when I needed to lead discussion in class (and had some conflicts with relatives), but I'm still having the problem. It's happening even when I take something to help me sleep; I still wake up and still have trouble falling back asleep.

Pandora

Me too. Maybe it's graduate school....?

TheUnknown

If it is, then I don't see why it's caught up with me now. I've been in grad school for now two and a half years. While I ocassionally used to wake up during the night (sometimes multiple times), I have never really hand the problem of not being able to fall back asleep and certainly not for this long. The only major changes I can think of are I signed up for personal training a few weeks ago (but excercise is supposed to help you sleep, not hinder it) and I cook more than I had last year (but then again, I used to cook a good bit during my first year of grad school). I don't know if it's related or not, but I've been getting (mild) heartburn and (mild) stomach pain, both of which I typically don't get and certainly not several times. And I still don't see how that could be causing it because it started AFTER the sleep trouble, so it would seem more likely that the stomach problems are caused by the sleep problems than the other way around.

Pandora

Since I haven't actually been to sleep yet, I'm punchy and was actually thinking we've been drugged or abducted by aliens or something...

In all seriousness, anxiety can do all that to you without you feeling anxious. That's where I'm placing the blame for my night of fun, anxiety and meds.

I'm starting to yawn uncontrollably, I'm going to go see if I can trick my brain into shutting down temporarily.

Jake Durron

I ewoking hate it when teachers yell at me for participating in class. It's like... WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. Seriously! This isn't high school! People aren't going to participate if you stare at them plaintatively and conjole them! They have to take responsibility for their own lives and education! So if you have someone who OBVIOUSLY WANTS TO LEARN in your class and is TRYING TO PARTICIPATE AND WORK TOWARDS GETTING AN EDUCATION, DON'T FLIPPING SCREAM AT HER (ME) FOR WANTING TO ewokING PARTICIPATE!

MY education shouldn't have to suffer because you're trying to help students who don't give a ewok about the class!!!!!

jgoedhbpoahoaehva;owhgpoaswg[oWH20HF[OVAAPEOBGBAODB

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.