Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

TheUnknown

There's something about being 30 and broke on minimum wage in a sithty job that Ididn't anticipate about my future. C'est la vie!

I hear you, man.

• Upvote 1

TheUnknown

What is the minimum wage in the UK, by the way?

Andy

If you're over 21, which I obviously am, it's £6.19

TheUnknown

So, if the currency calculator is right, that amounts to $9.61.  By comparison, the U.S. minimum wage is just $7.25 or £4.69.

Andy

Yeah, I think the cost of living is generally more here too though. Whenever ive been to the US I've always been amazed at how cheap food is, and of course fuel is at least twice as expensive over here than there. There are social differences too, like I don't earn tips where someone in a similar job in the US would. Over here the norm is to only leave tips for exeptional service, and most employers discourage staff from accepting tips.

Also my partner is currently working reduce hours at the moment because of a bad back. :(

Ayingel

ewok the vet

ewok him

ewok him for not doing more tests when i brought felix back in two weeks ago

ewok him for not doing another xray when it was clearly an emergency

ewoking felix is dying now

having spasms 

and death rattle

my ewoking baby

ewok everything.

TheUnknown

That ewoking sucks.

Ayingel

Well, I just got home from drowning my sorrows in tequila and practically needing to be carried out of the bar by my uncle. 

Andy

Oh, 12 hour shift, yay.

Princess

I didn't get the job at the VA

Ayingel

:(

Pandora

Aw that sucks. I'm sorry. :(

Ayingel

you're not doing anyone any favors by complaining about the hold time--there's probably a reason.

you would know that reason if you read your mail, email, online banking notifications, listened to the phone messages, listened to us when we told you that changes were coming.

getting all uppity with me that you didn't call to update your phone number when you changed it or didn't update it online isn't something that i can help when you have that attitude--tone it down and we can talk.

if you hate this ewoking bank so much then why do you have an account with us?

i am a person who speaks english.  don't talk to me like i am an idiot--it only makes me treat you like an idiot.

follow instructions.  then the things that are new won't seem so hard (even though they're not).

and be ewoking polite.  seriously.  dealing with you AND working a 12.5 hour day (and lunch) is making it rougher for the next customer.

TheUnknown

I feel your pain.  I've had the displeasure of working the front desk at hotels.  People are such dicks to people who had nothing to do with their displeasure.

Princess

iOS 7 is really starting to piss me off!

Andy

Getting a cold I think, and a bad back :(

Princess

Stupid car!  I need to spend about $600 in repairs.  This sucks!  I was just starting to get money saved up again!

Ayingel

I know the feeling D:  so were we.....

TheUnknown

No, Mom, I'm not giving you anymore money.  You don't pay me back when you say you will, what you say you will.  I'm tired of the litany of excuses, I'm tired of the empty promises, and I'm tired of the sob stories.  You are a ewoking bum and a deadbeat who can't manage money, and I'm not going to let you pull me down anymore.

Edited by TheUnknown

TheUnknown

Last night, I literally forgot how old I was for a few minutes.  I've never done this before.

Andy
Last night, I literally forgot how old I was for a few minutes. I've never done this before.
I've done that before, a few years ago... I had to ask my mum. :(

Ayingel

So far this year has not been the greatest.  Don't mind me while I delve a little deeper into my depression.  

TheUnknown

I owe the federal government $233 on my taxes.  I no doubt also owe the state something; I just haven't done that return yet.  Student tuition and fees, state sales tax, etc, didn't do a damn thing to lower my tax bill.  I made only $5,000 last year.  So if I hear one more goddamn rich nerfherder complaining about how he only has $7 million to live off of because of the taxes he owes, I'm breaking out the  guillotine. 

• Upvote 1

Andy

Boo taxes.

Andy

Awkward moment when all your clothes seem too tight...

I guess I'm not a teenager any more then... By like, ten years, but never mind that.

Think I need to start watching what I eat. And I don't mean film myself eating nice cakes and stuff so I can play it back. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.