Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

TheUnknown

Sorry to hear that.

Andy

Shane and I have both had the flu :(

First time in 5 years we made plans to go out for New Years Eve and we were both conked out on the sofa instead. Just about over it now, but can't shift this lingering cough we're both stuck with. ?

TheUnknown

That sucks.  It seems nearly everyone around me is getting sick.  I'm over here like, "Keep your pestilence away from me!"

Anyways, the theatre near me has a deal where you can see a free movie on your birthday with ID.  I was going to see Dark Phoenix.  Then it got pushed back like four months.

Edited by TheUnknown

Mara

I only get a free popcorn for my birthday....  But I have two weeks to use it.

If I make it to the "celebrity" level on my rewards card I think it upgrades to a free ticket. But... I'd have to get 7500 points by the end of the year, and with 10 points per $1 spent, yeah.... probably not happening. I usually end up around 2000-2500 points at the end.

Edited by Mara

TheUnknown

What sucks even more is nothing else looks appealing, unless somehow something like Aquaman or Bumblebee is still in theatres.

Andy

I wish cinemas round here did things like that. I end up missing most of the films I want to see. :p

TheUnknown

The theatres in the county where I live are not owned and operated by the major theatre companies (Regal, Carmike, AMC), so they do that.  But I do think at least one of the major companies also has a loyalty program.

Andy

We do have a smaller cinema company locally, but it's smaller in every way unfortunately, and I'd rather see films on a decent sized screen.

Mara

Yeah, I go to a local chain. (It's also much much closer to me than the nearest AMC lol).

Andy

That's always a plus. :p

TheUnknown

Alita: Battle Angel might be my birthday movie.

TheUnknown

So my mom's family is starting to get her worked up about the cancer, saying stuff like she might need a full double mastectomy or a hysterectomy to prevent recurrences and/or spreading.  Jesus ewoking Christ, we found out yesterday and don't see the surgeon to set up a treatment plan until next Thursday.  We don't know much yet, and what I've been told by the NP at the center where she had her mammogram, it's usually just a lumpectomy.  Plus, they also told my mom that it's a small lump.   At this point, everyone going to extremes is just making her worried (she's been in pretty good spirits lately), but I don't want her getting so worried that she's losing sleep, not eating, smoking even more, and drinking even more Mountain Dew, all of which is going to make her even more jittery and create a vicious cycle.  Plus, she also has COPD and typically has flair ups in the spring that land her in the hospital.  We do not need something that's going to make that even worse by making her smoke even more.

Andy

Yeah there is definitely no point in stressing her out more than she already must be.

TheUnknown

You've probably seen my Facebook post, but it's worse than expected but not catastrophic.  Unfortunately, the family members getting her worked up is continuing. 

Andy

Yeah, I saw :( At least although it is bad it sounds like it should respond well to treatment, so that's good. 

People should be supportive and positive when they are with her though, not stressing her out.

TheUnknown

You know what I ewoking love?  Being told I don't do anything/not enough, not having my contributions be appreciated.  But of course my precious little sister gets off scot free.

Andy

That sucks. With everything else going on you'd think people would bear that in mind. :(

Edited by Andy
Typo

TheUnknown

Having both parents in the hospital ewoking sucks.

Andy

I really hope you catch a break soon :(

Andy

Got a lot of stuff going on at the moment, so apologies for the lack of updates, etc. It's been a real tough month so far. :(

Mara

No worries, you take care of you :)

Andy

And the drama continues. Hopefully thing will get better soon.

Long story short: Looking for somewhere to live... urgently. 

TheUnknown

(This isn't about anyone from GB, including those who don't come here anymore.)

I just love being ghosted especially when you're lonely, depressed, and stressed as ewok.  It's not like I send Facebook messages often, and you can't reply to them or even engage with me.  I haven't seen any of my friends in over two years now.  Just another reminder of how asymmetrical my friendships are.  They're all I have, but I'm just a minor speck on their social lives. 

Andy

I know what you mean. :(

don't do myself any favours by being introverted so I don't reach out often anyway, but when you do at least some acknowledgement would be nice.

TheUnknown

I'm introverted, have social anxiety and probably have avoidant personality disorder and have even wondered if I'm on the spectrum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.