Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Mara

Same here...

I need to do something. I can't afford to keep buying new clothes.

Princess

My manager tricked me and called me from her cell phone today to ask if I could work tonight because the tech that was supposed to work couldn't make it into work because the state police were shutting down the highway that he needed to take to come in because of weather conditions.

Andy

You should have said you had gone to visit somebody down the highway and were stuck there.

I tend to just say I have plans.

Radioactive Isotope

I've been in a basic EKG rhythm recognition and monitoring class the past couple days. The boxes on those strips are so small and the copies are so bad. My eyes hurt, my brain hurts, and I'm seeing squiggly lines everywhere. I understand the concept of measuring things, but I can't really see what's what on the copies, so my measurements are off. Which can mean very different things. I also disagree with the answers on some of the review problems because again, the copies are crap and to me that looked like a straight line instead of A-fib. And I have to test on it sometime next week.

Mara

I just discovered another con of being unemployed:

Just went through my taxes, and I have to pay, both federal and state, the total being almost $700.

Andy

I just discovered another con of being unemployed:

Just went through my taxes, and I have to pay, both federal and state, the total being almost $700.

Even though you're unemployed? That seems fair... 

Mara

Well, taxes weren't taken out of my unemployment benefit checks (unlike regular paychecks), and the little transcription work I did last year wasn't enough to count, either, for taxes to be taken out, so I'm basically doing it all now.

Guess I'm not quite poor enough.

Jake Durron

I'm having trouble connecting and absorbing the information from my classes... I'm essentially at a 3.0 right now which I'm pleased with, but I want to do better than that and more importantly I want to be able to walk out of a class and feel like I know what happened in it. I'm in a funk and I just want to be able to have the energy to focus on sith. 

Princess

Are your vitamin levels right?  That can affect your concentration

Andy

I'm feeling quite run down at the moment, I hate shift work. Had a sore throat yesterday and this morning it was back with a vengeance along with a headache that has stuck with me all day. Blehhh.

TheUnknown

I bought an Xbox One last night.  Part of the initial setup includes downloading an update.  Without this update, it won't run.  And of course, said update will not download.  I'm having to download some sort of diagnostic tool to a flashdrive to plug into the console to try to get it to run.  This ewoking file is 2GB and is taking forever just to download and move to the flashdrive (because it initially went to the downloads folder).  It's going to take forever and a day to upload into the console.

If this doesn't work, then my console is defective.

Andy

Well, it is an Xbox. :p

TheUnknown

So to review:

* I've relapsed on my depression. 

* I've regained the 50 pounds I had lost.  I look in the mirror and I'm repulsed by what I see.

* My parents were foreclosed on and have split up.

* My mom and my sister are living in hotel rooms and bouncing back and forth between family members until they wear out their welcome.

* I am more and more convinced that my mother is back to the crazy, worthless, irresponsible bitch that she used to be.  I've given her hundreds of dollars with her always promising to pay me back when this lump sum comes in or this one.  I know damn well she has been using the money she bums off of me and others to buy cigarettes and lottery tickets and to go to yard sales.  I went and paid for two nights at a motel.  While I was there, she bummed $60 from my grandfather and used it to buy lottery tickets and cigarettes.  She was also on Facebook trying to by $45 bags of yard sale clothes.

* I failed my Bayes class in the summer because I'm so burned out, work, and depression and was late handing in work.  I thought I could try things again this semester (not the same class) but I'm doing the same sith.

* I've been seen my friends (both at home and at school) for months.

* I think I'm going to have to take a leave of absence from grad school but have the sneaking suspicion that it's going to completely ewok up my student insurance, my housing, and my financial aid.  If they turn around and tell me to move out and/or to pay back the financial aid, I can't afford to do either and certainly not both.

* My sleep patterns are ewoked up completely.

* I keep thinking about what I have to look forward to in the future and come to one conclusion: I'm ewoked on literally every level.  Despite all all those times I thought I could do it, I'm an underachiever academically in the best of times, stumbling toward the finish line.  And at the worst of times, I fall on my face.  I will always be ashamed of what I look like and then later on, will have the health issues from my weight to go along with the aesthetic displeasure.   The best I ever do is getting down to a somewhat less repulsive but still horribly unhealthy weight.  I'll have the burden a dysfunctional mother whose mental and physical health both suck.  I know I'll end up being one of those people that the mailman finds dead in their apartment after a year or so.  I know I'll die alone and unhappy.  Even if you take out all the issues surrounding my sexuality, I know that I don't have the capacity to support a relationship and be happy.  Hell, I don't even have the capacity really to start one. 

Edited by TheUnknown

Princess

Man, it sucks that you're going through this hard time.  Remember, we're your friends and care about you.  That being said, go get some professional help please.  We care but can't give you all the help that you need.

Andy

That's pretty rough, how things get better for you soon. We're here for you if you just need to vent, though.

TheUnknown

My mom just told me, "I feel like an orphan mom" because she's pissed that I'm not going to drop everything and make a three hour drive to chauffeur her around.  My thought, "In the span of the last week, I've given you $275 that your sorry ass will never pay me back."

TheUnknown

Stop asking me questions for which you already know the answers and won't like them anyways. 

And for the record, the answers are;

* Yes, I think you're crazy.

* Yes, I want you gone.

* Yes, I think you're a bum.

* No, you're not a good mother.

Andy

I've had a cold for a week or so, and it's messed up my sense of taste somehow. :(

I had coffee at work the other wek and couldn't drink it because it tasted like ash or something, so I had a hot chocolate and it tasted exactly the same. Since then I've had other things be weird when everybody else says they were fine; like fries with a horrible aftertaste, and onion rings and garlic mayo that pretty much tasted of nothing.

Thank goodness this didn't happen when I was a coffee addict, because I haven't been able to drink any for nearly two weeks now. Tea seems unaffected, though, so that's something at least.

TheUnknown

I couldn’t pay for classes. Even if I had financial aid, I was behind on rent, which stopped me from registering for classes. Because of that, I am not considered enrolled. Because I’m not enrolled, I can’t stay in my apartment. Just today, I got the notice to vacate. I have SIX DAYS to move. I have no money to move with, no money to find a place to live, no money to rent a storage building. No one to help me move and nowhere to move it.

I’ve applied for a job (and hopefully more soon), but I can’t even pay to get my phone turned on to schedule an interview. My car has over 200,000 miles on it, and Mike says there’s something wrong with CV joint or something. I’m not sure I can make it to Atlanta.

I don’t know what the ewok to do. And I’m sure I’m missing a lot else in there as well.

Andy

Damn, I'm sorry Unknown, that really sucks. I wish there was something I could do to help. :(

I hope things get better for you soon

TheUnknown

So I'm about to be homeless.*

* "Homeless" in this case means precariously housed.  I'm going to be living in a weekly rate motel.  I don't know how long this will last.

Andy

Do they have help over there for finding housing when you don't have a permanent place to stay? 

TheUnknown

Theoretically yes.  But even my mom (a 54 year old woman who had been a housewife for over 30 years and a score of health problems) has had no luck thus far with getting assistance). So I doubt I can get much help other than maybe a stay at a shelter.

TheUnknown

Just found out today my grandfather has cancer.

Andy

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. You seem to be having a really bad run of awfulness at the moment and I really hope that changes for you soon. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.