Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

James the Defender

Well, a friend of ours in upstate Pennsylvania passed away suddenly and we had planned on going to his funeral tomorrow (5.5 hour drive.) Well, another couple of people were going to go with us and we were going to share the gas to get there. Well, I find out today that if this fiscal cliff thing doesn't get resolved I won't be getting an extension and this Sunday will be my last claim to unemployment. Okay, fine, whatever. We still can swing going this weekend even though our funds are low because we'd be staying with friends up there. Well, the van needs front brakes. We can't take my car because the weather is going to be dicey up there and here, too. The van is front wheel drive and better in the snow than my very fast rear-wheel drive car. Okay, whatever, the brakes will last the weekend. No big deal. Today, Caity gets into the van to go to Starbucks to check the status of her application and the check engine light comes on after some very ominous noise coming from the engine... Lovely. No trip for us this weekend! Oh, well... as a friend of mine says, "I'm just playing life on hard mode."

And then a bill collector calls! I gave her an ear full, which was very mild. I don't get upset too easily. The last time I was irate was Week 3 of the NFL Season when the refs awarded the game to the Seahawks even though the Packers clearly won the game. So, the lady got a mild reproving today (in behalf of my wife) and then I just laughed with great mirth. It just struck me as funny. I said, "Ma'am, I must tell you, I may be running out of unemployment and I have far more important bills than Avon." That's about the extent of my being upset, lol

Edited by James the Defender

Pandora

It really never rains, does it? I'm sorry for you loss.

Ayingel

Sorry :(

On a side note, be careful with those bill collectors. As long as you keep a dialogue open with them, you'll be less likely to receive a garnishment. I'd hate to see you end up like a lot of the people who call in to my work surprised about the empty bank account.

And who in their right mind decides it's a good idea to cut someone off while driving in the snow without a flipping blinker?! It just snowed, and I was trying to accelerate in that lane.

Pandora

I'd think more people up there in the Great White North would understand that....

ARGH I am sooooooo ready for the semester to start. Or at least for New Years to be over so some people will be back from vacation. There is officially nothing else I can do without mentors and colleagues checking their email (which will not happen until the third). Boooooooooored.

Princess

I stepped in dog vomit last night.

Pandora

Warm or cold?

Princess

Somewhat warm. Then when I finished cleaning it up, she ralphed twice more

Pandora

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Princess

Yeah, I felt bad putting her in her crate afterwards, but I wanted the puke contained if she was going to keep puking

Pandora

She doing better now?

Princess

Yup, acting just like herself and wolfed down her food this morning

Princess

The book I need for my class is $154 for the cheapest that I could find it

Radioactive Isotope

Work couldn't get ahold of the call tech last night, so they called me. At 2am. I got home at 430am. I stayed up late because it wasn't my weekend. I feel like death warmed over and I've been asleep most of the morning.

James the Defender

I hear fireworks already. It's 6:20 pm people!!!! Grr...

Princess

If you have time to paperclip something together and write me a sticky note that I didn't file something and put it aside for me to file, you probably had time to do it yourself bitch

Pandora

Agreed.

Princess

Especially when it was something that did not need my further attention, I just got too busy to file it

Pandora

Lazy and somewhat vindictive.

Princess

Yup, but I will keep my mouth shut because if she knows that it bugs me, she'll just do it more often. And I'll leave her some sticky notes in return

Pandora

Passive aggressive ftw.

Ayingel

When I find who broke the ewoking garage door, they're going to regret it.

Pandora

Dang it, Bill. The research is already done. The proposal is only a freaking formality. Urgh. Fine, whatever, but don't expect to see something totally new and different when I defend....

GAH! And then you've gotta be freaking snarky in the damn document. :roll:

Edited by Pandora

Pandora

URGH. After 24 pages of my rambling on and on and freaking ON about behavioral economics, how the ewok is it not clear that's what I'm doing?!?!?! I respect you, but I really want to wring your neck right now....

Ayingel

The price went up five ewoking dollars. If at the end of the convention last year, you didn't have five extra dollars SOMEWHERE, then maybe you should either a) not come to con or b) not spend so much on useless crap at con.

Pandora

Don't put the 70-year-old codger on your thesis committee unless you just like reading articles from the freaking 1960s.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.