Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Ayingel

In a room, xray done, shift changes in the ER sure are slow! Are all ERs like this?

Andy

What did you do?

Ayingel

Honestly? I team lifted a fifty pound table and then ended up with a stabbing pain in my chest when I lifted a five pound chair. The area is sore now, so I think it's probably a muscle that pulled :(

Princess

Yup, ERs usually are that slow

Tsl

1.5 hours is not bad at all for an ED wait. It's actually fast if your local hospital is as crazy-busy as ours is right now. Our busy season hit late this year and is running later than usual.

Princess

FYI, if you have time to make a cup of coffee and bring it with you to the emergency room at 2am, you do not have a medical emergency!

• Upvote 1

Ayingel

I am never having those people as house guests again. I don't know what they ate, but the bathroom ALWAYS smelled bad, they were loud, and they were bossy. I feel badly for my downstairs neighbors. I'm so glad this weekend is over.

Tsl

FYI, if you have time to make a cup of coffee and bring it with you to the emergency room at 2am, you do not have a medical emergency!

lol, I love it!

Radioactive Isotope

Maybe it was a peace offering? :D

In other news, being on call sucks.

Princess

He was drinking it in front of us!

Ayingel

I thought you weren't supposed to drink anything while you're waiting to be treated...?

Princess

Depends on what you're being seen for

Ayingel

Hm, around here it just seems to be a rule of thumb. Signs are posted around the ERs and everything...

Radioactive Isotope

Pfft. People don't read signs.

Tsl

In other news, being on call sucks.

Being on call only sucks if you get called in. ;)

Radioactive Isotope

I hate the nervewracking-ness of wondering when (not if) they're going to call and if it's going to be at some ungodly hour of the night. Luckily, I got to sleep all the way through the night, though 7a on a Saturday is pushing it. :p

Ana

Prednisone sucks. Prednisone taper headache sucks even more thoroughly. Aaaaaaagh.

Princess

I loathe group projects just hate them.

In my class right now, we have a project where we have to write a proposal to get a $1.5 million grant to tackle a health concern for the city of Metropolis. I said last week that a diabetic clinic would be a good project. I posted in our group discussion board about it. I came to class ready with a rough proposal outlined for it.

Another group member posted in the discussion board about wanting to focus on suicide prevention (good topic as well) but all she posted was some statistics about suicide. When asked how she would do this, she just mentioned support groups.

Another member was not in class tonight, she was sick and in the hospital, completely excusable.

The fourth person in our group, I can't stand. I tried to go into this project with an open mind. I tried really hard. I lasted about 20 minutes.

We had to outline both ideas and we were really coming up with ideas for mine. But no one wanted to make a decision! We spent the first 40 minutes of class talking about it, 10 minutes during a break and then we had some time after class. I asked about making a decision, and the guy said that he wanted everyone's opinion to count, and so he didn't want to make a decision. This project is due in 3 weeks. I also said that I felt strongly about my project idea because I have a lot of resources available to me concerning some of our ideas. He was worried about my strong feelings monopolizing the group, but no one else was speaking up!

I hate group projects. If you're going to propose an idea, have some thoughts ready to back it up! Now, in addition to having 3 weeks to do this project, I have to write an outline and rough proposal to say why my idea is the best, and I'm at a conference for 3 days next week. I want to get this done!

Ayingel

Second highest in sales in that goddamned store ($74500), and I still only received a "meeting expectations" on my review today. Dawn, you can go suck a bitch.

And keep in mind that $74500 is a lot when the store makes less than $1 million a year.

Edited by Ayingel

Princess

Was that the same manager who told you that you could quit?

Couldn't get my laptop to connect to the guest network at work last night. Annoying, but amazing how much studying that I got done

Ayingel

That it is -_-

Books are great for studying :D

James the Defender

My dog is coming in and going out of the room so much!!! She has more in and out than the burger chain!!!

Pandora

My alcoholic aunt from Boston found me on facebook. Damn.

Princess

Restricted list time

Pandora

Totally. :roll: Least favorite relative ever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.