Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Brumak

I didn't do too bad snipin in that one ^_^

Brumak

I thought this looked pretty nifty

14125089-Full.jpg

...Ow....

14184361-Full.jpg

CorSec

Recommended:

4 player co-operative on system link with your closest friends.

We enabled the Mythic skull (I guess it makes it harder than Legendary?). Things were definitely intense. We lost focus on the level with the anus doors due to some beer-induced friendly fire accidents...next time maybe.

TheUnknown

I merged the Halo 3 topic with the general Halo topic and expanded the subtitle to include Halo 3. Now, give me my cookie.

Andy

*passes the jar of Wookiee cookies*

Uncle Du

Follow this link and you will find a few trailers for the upcoming Halo Wars RTS.

I remember seeing the cinematic trailer some time ago, and I was stoked to see this game in action, though I was a little wary, being that it's an RTS for a console. To date, there haven't really been any good RTS ports to consoles, becuase, lets face it, a keyboard is way better for it.

But if you watch the game-play demo, I think this game is going to be awesome. Since the game is being designed from the ground up for the 360, everything is revolving around the layout of the controller, and not a keyboard. I think we're in for a treat with this game.

Andy

An RTS without a PC version is not going to get into the RTS Hall of Fame, IMO. Bad move from the developers. Tsk.

Chickenman

I really wanted to play Halo Wars too. :(

Andy

If an RTS isn't not good enough for PC, then it's not worth knowing about.

Uncle Du

It's Microsoft, of course you're going to have a PC version. They'll do exactly what they did with Gears of War. I have high expectations of this game, so I'll let you know how bad ass it is when I finally get to play it...some time in the future...since there's no release date. :p

Chickenman

It's Microsoft, of course you're going to have a PC version.

A crappy port, years after everyone else has already gotten their use out of it, and the only way to play multiplayer is to sign up for a Live account? Despite the fact that that most PC games have free multiplayer anyway and a Live account really adds nothing for a PC player?

Pass.

Drake

And that is why you fail.

Buy a 360 and stop whining.

Edited by Drake

Chickenman

No. :p

Drake

Then I will keep laughing at you. :lol:

Andy

It's Microsoft, of course you're going to have a PC version.

It's Microsoft. It'll be Vista only, like Halo 2. :p

I don't particularly want one. There is enough evil in my life without purchasing more Microsoft products.

Edited by Andy

Drake

Well, you at least have some kind of console, albeit a PS console, so you're not as worse off as the whiner-babies.

At least you'll be able to play Force Unleashed. :p

Winters

I have to say that Microsoft isn't as evil as it used to be, it could be worse, it could be *minivomit* Apple *sick stomach...*

Chickenman

They're both plenty evil.

Winters

NO NO! Apple is more evil! Apple = Non-Agression Pact of 1939 made between Germany and Soviet Union...

Chickenman

Wow.

:p

Uncle Du

No, no, we don't want them to buy one, because we would lose our monopoly on cool here. ;)

You're gonna have to break down and get Vista sooner or later. Go check out the Mojave experiment. :p

I have to say that Microsoft isn't as evil as it used to be, it could be worse, it could be *minivomit* Apple *sick stomach...*

You don't know WHAT you're talking about. My iMac is the s***! And so is my iPhone....and iPod. :D

Edited by Du

Chickenman

You're gonna have to break down and get Vista sooner or later. Go check out the Mojave experiment. :p

Those mojave commercials are hilarious.

"What have you heard about Windows Vista?"

"Well, I've heard, mostly from Mac users and people that don't have Vista in the first place, never having used it myself, that Vista is a semen stain on the dress of humanity. I probably didn't do that much research before buying the product, and one could almost wonder why, after hearing so much about the horrors of Microsoft, I'd be willing to head over to their headquarters and participate in their marketing campaign."

"Well, this is Windows Mojave."

"That box looks almost entirely like the Windows Vista product. I mean, the only real difference is that it's in a much less attractive brown packaging, a color that most companies would never package their product in. And the name 'Mojave' itself. That's new. Are you sure you're not pulling my leg?"

"We're very sure."

"Well, okay."

"Wow...this Windows Mojave performs basic tasks in a halfway competent manner. At the very least, it operates at the bare minimum. I'm not getting viruses or anything. Not a single virus on this completely brand new computer that's been loaded with the best antivirus software at Microsoft's disposal. Stuff that's not even on the market. For some reason, I haven't gotten a virus in these eight minutes I've spent playing around on this computer. I'm mildly interested in this product. But more on the bored side of mild. Look at the mild look on my face as I say that this operating system is somewhat better than having hideous, festering boils on my face, while an army of leeches tries to heal said leeches my sucking the blood out of my very body. I'm expressing absolutely no emotion towards this product at all, unless disinterest is an emotion."

"Could you see yourself using Windows Mojave?"

"Sure. I guess. I'm not really ecstatic about it or anything, but if there was a gun to my head or something, I'd do it."

"That's very good. You're doing fine. We'll put the gun away now."

*Awkward smash cut.*

"You're doing fine. Now let's let you in on a little secret."

"Oh?"

"Windows Mojave is Windows Vista!"

"Oh."

"Oh? Aren't you surprised?"

"Not particularly. I mean, you got me, but it's such a dull set-up that there's really no impact when you reveal the truth. Maybe take a page from those Candid Camera guys. Those guys are funny as hell."

"Mojaaaaave!"

Winters

That's classic.

Chickenman

Thanks.

Seriously though, those commercials...those people don't even want to be there. It's great.

Drake

Halo 3 Recon

This game looks like it could be awesome. I've heard that it's supposed to be like Call of Duty. It takes place immediately after Master Chief and the In Amber Clad hitch a ride in the Covenant cruiser's hyperspace bubble when it jumps in the middle of New Mombasa, thus destroying half the city, in Halo 2. You see that at the beginning of the trailer.

You play as an ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) marine on Earth and that's pretty much all I know.

From the looks of it, at the end of the trailer, I want to like to think that you're being aided by a city-wide AI...but who knows.

Edited by Drake

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.