Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

I'm a geek...I know you have your geeky things...and junk. :p

Drake

I wonder if this video is a portent things to come. Perhaps the game will have live-action cutscenes? I'm hoping it gives hope for the Halo movie.

Uncle Du

No kiddin'. It's too bad it fell through. I mean, rumor at the time (a couple years ago) had it that Denzel was going to be doing Master Chiefs voice. How friggin' awesome would that be?!

Drake

Honestly, I would have rather had the guy that does MC's voice for the game. Cortana too. More authentic that way. ;)

Edited by Drake

Ender

Easy B. Du is very protective of his gamerscore... he could go rabid.

Uncle Du

Honestly, I would have rather had the guy that does MC's voice for the game. Cortana too. More authentic that way. ;)

Maybe...but Denzel is the man! ;)

Easy B. Du is very protective of his gamerscore... he could go rabid.

That's right. I'm already foaming at the mouth. ;) :p

Drake

Denzel could be Sgt. Johnson. :p

Uncle Du

But then his voice wouldn't be right. ;)

Uncle Du

I finally saw that commercial last night on the big TV! Friggin awesome!!

TheUnknown

I saw the video for Halo 3: ODST or whatever. Sounds pretty cool.

Uncle Du

At this time tomorrow night, I'll be getting ready to head to GameStop for the pre-release party for ODST. ;)

Uncle Du

So far the game is awesome! I think the campaign is going to end up being longer than Halo 3's. I played for almost four hours last night when I got it home. The game play changes between different characters in the squad, which definitely adds to the mystery in the plot. And the cool thing is, I've already done, and seen much of the city, but I don't think I've scratched the surface yet. We're looking for something, and I can't wait to find out what it is!!

Uncle Du

I once again find myself alone in this thread. :p

I beat the campaign a few days, and it was good. But once I started playing Firefight, wow. Just. Wow. I haven't played it on 4 player co-op yet, just me and one of my buddies, and holy crap. We started out on normal difficulty, and we couldn't even beat the first set. FYI, there are 4 sets, each set has three rounds, each round has 5 waves. And it is friggin' HARD. The game will randomly turn skulls on and make it that much harder. They throw everything at you.

We finally turned it down to easy, and we got into the third set, last round, last wave but we had to finish the game because we both had to go. At that point, I think we had played that match for 86 minutes or so. I had no idea I had lost track of time like that. And it's crazy, because the action never ends. Someone else HAS to get this game, just for this game mode. Freakin' awesome!!!

Drake

Just beat the campaign and, like Halo 2 and 3, it was far too short. However, I'm going to go back in and run around the city looking for all the audio recordings. Apparently it unlocks a mini-game or something.

TheUnknown

I want to play ODST, but I still haven't played Halo 2 or Halo 3.

Uncle Du

Mini game eh? I don't think I'm going to find all those damn recordings on my own.

And really, you don't need to play 2 and 3 to play this one. The stories are completely separate. I mean, apart from being set in the same universe and all.

Drake

I would probably agree with you, Unknown, and would at least want to play Halo 2 first since this game takes place between 2 and 3. However, it's not entirely necessary. You pick up some of the plot points as you go and the intro, upon loading the game, sort of catches you up on the setting.

Uncle Du

It takes forever to wander around that damn city! I've found just over half of the audiophiles. I scoured the northern portion of the city for what was apparently quite some time, cause my wife said something about me hogging the TV and it had been an hour and a half. :p

Drake

This video was helpful. I just found the location on the map and set waypoints to each.

Oh, and the last log is located in the Data Hive level.

I was wrong in saying that it unlocked a mini-game. I must have misread it somewhere because it should be meta-game. All it unlocks is an achievement and an interesting back-story. :p

Edited by Drake

Uncle Du

In the hive level?! What a buncha BS. I woulda been looking for that thing for ages. :p

There wouldn't happen to be screen shots of this video any where would there? :p

Never mind. I just remembered I have a bad ass phone.

Edited by Du

Drake

You'll have to look for that one yourself, I'm afraid. :p

And the 30th tape is only unlocked once you get the first 29 in the streets. The cop you run into in Data Hive plays a part in the Sadie storyline. It's pretty cool.

Uncle Du

Ohhhh, I think I know where that's going...

Not that I'll have a chance to find out within the next few days.

Andy

A friend is lending me Halo 3... If I like the story I might get ODST. :p

Edited by Andy

Uncle Du

Sweet. Perhaps we can play some multiplayer in the near future...if I'm allowed to. :p

Andy

Sooooo I borrowed Halo 3 off a friend. It's all right, the weapons are pretty nifty but it doesn't seem like anything special to me. lol, I'll play it for the achievement points then give it back.

Probably won't try the online stuff because I've heard it's horrible. I don't really like multiplayer FPS games on consoles anyway.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.