Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Who doesn't like joyriding in a Warthog

Me, if it's on Halo 3 with those awful controls. lol

Uncle Du

I would think that a Microsoft fanboy like yourself would be more into Halo... ;)

Andy

a Microsoft fanboy like yourself

Erm, excuse me? :|

Uncle Du

What? :angel:

Edited by Du

CorSec

Anyone watch the Spike VGA's?

Halo Reach was shown:

Uncle Du

Should be good. I'm looking forward to the multi-player beta due out some time early next year.

Andy

I really can't get into Halo 3, lol.

Uncle Du

I can understand it. To each his own really. I haven't really been into it lately either.

Uncle Du

You should check out the multiplayer trailer for this game, it looks sick!

Halo Reach main page.

Uncle Du

My God, what a surprise, no one's been in here in over a year. :p

CorSec

We'll see how someone other than Bungie handles Halo.

Andy

Oh no, not another one... :p

Drake

I read in the paper today that this will be the start of a new trilogy of Halo games. They will also be re-releasing Halo: Combat Evolved for the 360 with upgraded graphics.

CorSec

I read in the paper today that this will be the start of a new trilogy of Halo games. They will also be re-releasing Halo: Combat Evolved for the 360 with upgraded graphics.

I know I'll take some flak for this, but I'm not super excited about re-releasing Combat Evolved. At the time, it seemed to be a somewhat generic shooter. The level design was very repetitive and very linear. I think it took them a few games to really polish and refine what "Halo" was. Don't get me wrong, I played through it on Legendary and did enjoy it. It stands as a good FPS, but certainly nothing like the rest of the series (and nothing like comparable PC FPS's of the time, like say: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault).

Drake

I watched the E3 trailer for it and even the graphics for "Anniversary" don't look very spectacular. Better than the original, sure, but nothing close to Halo Reach. Granted, what is shown at game shows are further developed and polished.

Uncle Du

I'm actually not really too concerned with Bungie not making H4. A lotta folks that worked on all the games at Bungie went over to 343 Studios, so I think we're still going to have a great game. I just hope that the story merits making another trilogy.

As for re-releasing CE, I don't really see a point. Maybe playing through the campaign again with better graphics will be fun, but really, who cares. I actually think they're doing it to give the developers more experience with the software engine they'll be using for H4. They'll gain some needed experience that will hopefully help them refine H4 and make it good enough to be called a Halo game.

TheUnknown

Consider my curiosity piqued. Now, I need to play Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 3: ODST.

Uncle Du

You could seriously skip ODST lol.

Uncle Du

Happy 20th birthday Bungie!!!

Drake

Okay so I got to play a few rounds of multiplayer for Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary at the FanExpo in Toronto. It was neat, I guess. All the combat was exactly the same as Reach, including the gear loadouts. We played 4v4 Battle Creek Team Slayer with 15 points-to-win. The winning team got a free energy sword for their X-Box Live avatar. I won two out of the three times I played. Got close the third time with a 15-14 loss.

TheUnknown

So, I pre-ordered Halo 4 and have bought Halo 3.

TheUnknown

I finished Halo 4 today. Really good game. I thought it had a much better story than the first game (the only other one I've played). I do wonder we're they're going to go from here considering that

both Cortana and the Didact die

Drake

Cortana is a huge part of the series. I don't believe this is her end just yet.

Uncle Du

I was wondering that too. I"m pretty sure

Cortana isn't really dead. I'm kinda questioning whether or not the Didact actually died too. I thought that he was gonna be one of the large cornerstones of this new trilogy.

Can't wait to find out!

I am loving the mulit-player in this one. I seem to get better every time a new game comes out. I'm rockin' a 1.6 K/D right now, and that's a stat that I could generally not give a crap about. The custom loadouts, and the depth in the armor system are awesome. Can't wait to hit level 50 so I can start checking out these specializations.

Edited by Uncle Du

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.