Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

I stole a kill from Jayne once. He yelled at me. I feared for my life.

I was just checking out the quotes from Halo 3 on IMDB and this one was funny...

Arbiter: We must go. The Brutes have our scent.

Sergeant Johnson: Then they must love the smell of Bulgari. Yeah that's right I'm doing a little bit of product placement, I gotta make a living too you know?

:p

Edited by Drake

Uncle Du

*goes to run through campaign again*

Mara

Any fans of Firefly/Serenity play Halo 3?

You might notice the vocal stylings of Nathan Fillion (Mal), Alan Tudyk (Wash), and Adam Baldwin (Jayne) strewn throughout the game. Nathan voices the role of Sgt. Reynolds in a number of levels. The first I noticed was at the very beginning of the third level after you restart the bomb in the ops center and the elevator explodes around you. He takes charge of the marines down at the bottom. "If you can move your feet, put your boots on the line!" :D

Also, I've heard Jayne talking about his gun, Vera a couple times. (Firefly reference). ;)

I think the best moment I've had with these three, in game, was when I climbed aboard a Warthog and Mal was in my passenger seat, Wash was my gunner, and Jayne was in the Mongoose beside me. It was like I entered an episode of Firefly! :p

Makes sense, since his name is Reynolds there, too.

Drake

Nah, really? :p

Drake

Du, how EXACTLY did you get your IWHBYD skull?

I read on another site that only the last seven ring jumps are needed for it to work so I did that in addition to playing through the level from the start. Still not getting anything. I'll try it like in the video you linked.

If that doesn't work, I'll be pissed.

Mara

Nah, really? :p

:p

Drake

Okay, so I found all of the skulls and terminals. :D

Uncle Du

Ah, good man.:D

So did you actually go through and do the 28 jumps, or did you find a short cut? If you have a shorter one, I'd like to know, cause I've been helping people get it, and I'm getting sick of all that running around. :p

Drake

I did the last 13, as shown in the video you linked.

1 3 4 6 7 5 4 6 5 4 5 3 4

So I think I'm going Live today. Anyone want to get some of the online achievements out of the way? Looking to get that Hayabusa katana. ;)

Edited by Drake

Uncle Du

Add me when you get on. What exactly do you have to get for the katana? I hope you're not one of those n00bs that wears the hayabusa helmet. ;)

The rogue helmet is so much cooler. And a buddy of mine beat it on Legendary by himself, and the helmet you get for that is very storm trooper-esque.

CorSec

Live is tied to the account/Xbox right? If my buddy brings his box over here, and can get onto my wireless, he shouldn't have any issues working with Live?

I'll be playing non-ranked Saturday night if thats the case. Party of 4 likely. I'll let you guys know the gamertag if I remember.

Drake

Add me when you get on. What exactly do you have to get for the katana? I hope you're not one of those n00bs that wears the hayabusa helmet. ;)

The rogue helmet is so much cooler. And a buddy of mine beat it on Legendary by himself, and the helmet you get for that is very storm trooper-esque.

You need 1000/1000 gamerscore. :p

And I havn't done too much with the armour customization yet. What's wrong with the helmet?

Uncle Du

Live is tied to the account/Xbox right? If my buddy brings his box over here, and can get onto my wireless, he shouldn't have any issues working with Live?

I'll be playing non-ranked Saturday night if thats the case. Party of 4 likely. I'll let you guys know the gamertag if I remember.

Yea, all you have to do is log into live and get on Halo. I'm all about playing non-ranked right now. I'm trying to be the only LT grade 4 in the game. But I still need about 240 more XP. :p

You need 1000/1000 gamerscore. :p

And I havn't done too much with the armour customization yet. What's wrong with the helmet?

I just think it looks kinda dumb. It's just funny to hear these kids get pissed off when you laugh at them for wearing it. I have to get my thrills somehow, since I'm not that good. :p

As for getting all the achievements, I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that. :p

Uncle Du

I created a group at B.net, and if anyone is interested, and has a Bungie profile you can check it out here. I just created it today, and we're all one member strong. Hopefully that number will grow to at least 2 by the end of the week.

Just wanted to remind anyone that is on Halo, join my group. Rogue already has, so she beat everyone else to the punch!! ;)

CorSec

So we played Halo till 6:00am.

I played a little heroic Co-op (Legendary? We were warming up, don't hate me.). On the level with the scarab? Riding around in a mongoose while the NPC's Rocket the hell out of everything was ridiculous. It blew my mind.

We went online a little, but ultimately we weren't interested in playing with my Routers NAT settings to fix the lag. So we ended up doing 4 player FFA slayer mostly. We eventually tweaked the settings on Infection to our liking (200% zombie run speed, huge point bonus for last man standing etc) and played that for the rest of the night. On maps like Sandtrap, we tweaked vehicle settings so only a mongoose would spawn. Every round was a mad dash to one of the mongooses, with the third human being left to fend off the zombie. Hilarity ensued.

Beer, low lighting, and creepy zombie-imitation breathing helped the atmosphere.

Uncle Du

Ahhh, that is the sith. I've been downloading a lot of maps from Bungie that people have been making, and there are some awesome mods to all the maps. There's definitely a lot of potential for awesome custom games, especially for infection.

Uncle Du

All the guys I play with are officially on my black list. Leaving Halo for CoD 4....ridiculous!!!!

PS We need to get a GB Halo night going. :D

Edited by Du

CorSec

CoD4 is pretty fun, on the PC anyway.

If I had a choice on the Xbox? H3 no questions asked.

Uncle Du

One of the guys that I work with added me last night, and that dude just made commander. I don't think I'll ever get that high. I'm just not good enough. :p

Uncle Du

Had to post this to brag. It's basically the best round I've ever had. :p

awesomecopy.jpg

Brumak

If that's your Open Season award....then hell yeah that match rocked :D

Oh...and why not. I made some funneh motivational posters.

optimism.jpg

rollover.jpg

friendship.jpg

And I made this for the hell of it. Du was Master Chief:

gtamfcopy.jpg

Uncle Du

If D would ever accept a game invite, maybe we could play together some time. :p

And Rogue is just never on. Losers. :p

Drake

I switch back and forth between Halo and WoW. It's WoW's turn at the moment. :p

Uncle Du

lol, that's what I figured. ;)

Uncle Du

Another awesome match...

teamslayeronhighground.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.