Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

I hear if you shoot him, he'll scream at you.

Chickenman

Why the ewok is it taking so long for Halo 2 to come out on pc? At this rate, we're going to have Halo 3 out for the XBOX before I'll be able to play Halo 2! What the hell.

Chickenman

Okay, so over the past few months, I've become an uber Halo fanatic, despite not being able to play Halo2 yet. (Gonna get an XBOX 360 at the end of the year) Since Christmas, I know much more about the Halo universe than any guy with a girlfriend has any right to. :p

I've read the books, and they're all pretty sweet. Fall of Reach is my favorite, mostly because there was so much more action, and stuff that dealt with the actual war. It had some great naval battles, which I haven't seen in any of the books since. The ending battle was just incredible, Reach's Fleet vs. an entire Covvie one. The next book, The Flood, was kind of boring to read, as it is simply a novelezation of the original game. It did have some extra stuff in it though, like what the ODSTs and surviving marines of the Pillar of Autumn were up to while Master Chief was off slaying the Covvies and Flood. And I didn't really like the next book, "First Strike." It dealt with time warps and stuff like that. Though it was cool seeing Chief team up with the remaining Spartans again. And right now I'm read "Ghosts of Onyx," which is pretty sweet so far. Hundreds of Spartan IIIs getting slaughtered in the first 15 pages = awesome.

Edited by Chickenman

Uncle Du

I really like the books because of the background they give on the SPARTANS. I especially love when they have Master Chief running that course with his new armor, and he severs his achilles, but still finishes the course. Awesome.

jedimaster1043

.......what more do I need to say?

Mara

There were crazy geeks out here who were camping outside a GameStop since Saturday to make sure they were first in line.

Teeny bit obsessive methinks. :p

Uncle Du

Yea, seeing as how if you reserve a copy, you're guaranteed to get one. :p

The wait until I have my TV is going to be torture....

Drake

The wait until I get my 360 back from being repaired is going to be worse.

Uncle Du

Man, talk about bad timing there.

Ender

It shipped from Amazon today. It'll be here tomorrow or the next day. Joy.

Andy

Some people over here have had Halo for a couple weeks. One of the big retailers made a mistake and accidentally dispatched a load of pre-orders before the release date. lol

TheUnknown

I think someone at one of those big retailers had it on pre-order and went ahead and released it.

Uncle Du

I would think that someone could get in a lotta trouble for that. :p

Mara

Now there's a big mess 'cause it seems some of them have scratches, so lots of people have to send in for a new copy. :p

Uncle Du

Yea, my boss was telling me about that. If you pick up the edition in the metal case, and you can hear the disk moving, don't take it home. :p

jedimaster1043

I also had the red rings.....im impatienly waiting for my 360 to come back!

Uncle Du

The count is down to one day! Come tomorrow evening, I'll be firmly planted in front of my new TV with my 360 controller in hand, and a case of beer at my feet. :D

Drake

I was over at my neighbour's apartment yesterday after he got it and watched/played most of the first level. It was ewoking beautiful.

Uncle Du

In one hour I go to pick up my TV. :D

Uncle Du

Check it out!

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

See you all some time next week! ;)

Andy

Eww Xbox 360 :p

Mara

Nice, Du!

But that TV stand looks kind of flimsy. :p

Drake

That looks karking sweet, Du! Enjoy the beauty of Halo 3. :D

Andy

lol you know what, I realised the other day why Halo 2 never came out on the PC for ages...

I saw it on the shelf with a little "Only for Windows Vista" sticker on it. :roll:

Trust Microsoft to use hyped up software to push their crappy new bug-filled Operating System.

Needless to say, I won't be playing Halo 2 any time soon.

Uncle Du

The pictures really don't do the TV justice.

And OMG, this game is freaking incredible. And absolutely beautiful on this TV in HD.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.