Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

You've heard it's horrible?! Who the hell have you been talking to, CoD fanboys?! :p

I would say if you needed help on the harder difficulties and you see me online, hit me up and I'd help...but I have the full game to my son, and now all I have is the multiplayer.

Edited by Du

Andy

You've heard it's horrible?! Who the hell have you been talking to, CoD fanboys?! :p

To be honest I only said that to wind you up. :p

Drake

4-player international co-op ftw? Canada, England, US, and... anyone know if Aurelius has a 360? :p

Uncle Du

To be honest I only said that to wind you up. :p

Well it worked!! ;):p

4-player international co-op ftw? Canada, England, US, and... anyone know if Aurelius has a 360? :p

You know, it would figure if that happened. I let Kian take the game back to Virginia, THEN everyone decides they want to do the campaign. :p

boroty

I paid 60 dollars for a terrible campaign and three maps. Good game Bungie...you win.

Uncle Du

I don't know which Halo game you bought for 60 bucks with only three maps.

boroty

ODST. I basically paid to get Midship and Citadel, and even though Midship is amazing it just isn't quite worth 60 bucks. Ah well, gotta hand it to Bungie I suppose, they know how to market their product.

Uncle Du

Have you played the Firefight mode, with three friends? That sith is awesome. It's non-stop, intense action from start to finish. That's if you even can finish all four sets. My friend and I played on easy, yes, easy, for almost two and a half hours, and we didn't even get through the last set.

And really, if you bought the game for a new, deep campaign plot, well, I dunno what you were thinking. :p

boroty

Yes I've played firefight and it was pretty fun (not sure why you were playing on easy o.0). Also, I didn't really have much of a choice in buying the game because Heretic is now a required MLG map (no surprise there and I'm extremely happy about it) however, I would have liked to been able to say that I at least felt like Bungie tried a little bit to make it a decent game. Firefight was fun the first five times I played it. After that it got a little repetitive, but I'm more of a multiplayer kind of guy anyways so I'm a little biased on that subject. Hopefully being able to play in the Halo: Reach beta will make it worthwhile.

Andy

Sounds like a lagfest. :p

I'm stuck in Halo 3, lol. At the base thing where it is under attack, and I've secured the hangar, and am now on my way to the barracks, but this dude comes running down with a huge weapon of some type and just smacks me one and kills me. :(

Drake

That would be a Brute Chieftain. They use gravity hammers and sometimes unmounted plasma turrets. Keep at range. Sticky grenades bounce off them. They also sometimes activate an invincible shield that lasts for a little while. Just attack them from range and if they get close, run.

When they are dead, you get the hammer. ;)

Andy

When they are dead, you get the hammer. ;)

I like the sound of that. :evil:

Uncle Du

Yes I've played firefight and it was pretty fun (not sure why you were playing on easy o.0). Also, I didn't really have much of a choice in buying the game because Heretic is now a required MLG map (no surprise there and I'm extremely happy about it) however, I would have liked to been able to say that I at least felt like Bungie tried a little bit to make it a decent game. Firefight was fun the first five times I played it. After that it got a little repetitive, but I'm more of a multiplayer kind of guy anyways so I'm a little biased on that subject. Hopefully being able to play in the Halo: Reach beta will make it worthwhile.

We played it on easy just because we wanted to actually try and get through all the sets. Which we would have if someone hadn't put their controller down in the middle of the 3rd set and gone to smoke. :p

Despite my love for this series, I'm still not that great at it. :p

That's while I'll always be a LT grade 4.

Sounds like I need to be playing with you... ;)

Sounds like a lagfest. :p

It'd be worth it.

Edited by Du

boroty

You do know that there isn't a finite number of sets right? They keep going forever...

Also, I can help you rank up if you'd like. I sent you an FR

Uncle Du

Accepted.

I was looking online at the stats, and I thought it only went up to 4. Cool.

boroty

suhweeet, we gotta play sometime broski

Uncle Du

Totally. It's hard for me to gauge exactly when I'm going to be able to get online and actually play for a while. I usually get on at night, after the wife has gone to bed, but now with the baby, I have no idea when he's going to let me play. :p

And usually when he does fall asleep, I do too, lol.

Drake

Wean him onto Halo. Teach him how to play. Pretty soon he won't mind and may even want to join in. ;)

:p

Uncle Du

I plan on it, but for the time being, he can't even really make out distinct shapes on the TV. :p

boroty

Haha no worries man, just whenever we both happen to be on I'll hit you up. Once he's old enough you'll have to get him involved =p

Uncle Du

Oh most definitely. My five year old already LOVES Halo, though he's still getting used to the mechanics of game play. He generally likes to play custom matches with me on big maps so he can drive around one of his "sweet rides". That's what he calls a Warthog. ;)

Then he gets really mad when I laser him, lol.

Drake

Then he gets really mad when I laser him, lol.

He needs to learn how to take it like a man!

Uncle Du

What are you kidding? There are men out there that can't take it like men. ;)

Not that I would EVER be one of those... :p

boroty

Who doesn't like joyriding in a Warthog

Uncle Du

Yep. My boy is on the right track. ;)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.