Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Princess

Awwwww he's cute. An extra day or two won't hurt him being there

Uncle Du

Yea.

Apparently he hasn't been eating much, which is why they haven't let him leave yet. In a given day, he would eat as much as a normal baby, but he wasn't doing it "fast" enough. They would try and make him eat the normal two ounces, but he wouldn't in one sitting. When Miranda is there, she can get him to eat the whole thing in an hour. But, the nurses don't have enough time to devout to just him. At least, that's what I think it is.

But any way, turns out he has acid reflux, because his esophogus is larger than normal. So, they got the little guy in Prilosec (sounds weird for an infant) and he's eating like a champ! :D

Link

ohhhh baby!!! CUTE baby!!!

Mara

Update on my uncle.

Apparently the doctor told him he has six months. But my uncle said that was only a doctor saying it and only God will know his time.

He's been thinking of quitting his job and going on disability because he's been feeling so sick. Though he hates to do it, he feels he can't give enough work to warrant still being paid.

He was supposed to be on some new experimental drug, but his insurance wont' pay for all of it.. so, he can't take it.

Princess

Going on disability may be a good thing for him, so that he can do all the things that he wants before it's his time. I'm so very sorry that you and your family have to go through this.

An idea for the drug though, could your family and church do a benefit spaghetti dinner or pancake breakfast like thing to raise money for his treatment?

Mara

I dunno. I guess he figures he doesn't want to bother. But I don't know all the details.

Well, part of the reason he's not sure about quitting is because he'd lose some insurance help. I'm not sure if my aunt has separate insurance for herself.

But he is.. I dunno... I think around 58.. so it's sorta close to retirement age, lol...

Ayingel

please keep my cousin and her premii baby in your thoughts and prayers...it sounded like the inducing went fine, but i'm not sure how they'll both be now..

Mara

Sure.

And, on Sunday night a girl from my sister's dorm was in a car accident and died. I'm not sure if my sister knew her or not, but keep the girl's friends and family and those who knew her in your thoughts and prayers.

Princess

My cousin Camden needs your prayers. He's in the hospital with pnemonia and RSV and thanks to a problem with his IV, he came really close to losing his arm. He's a really sick and scared kid right now

Radioactive Isotope

awww. poor thing. :cry:

Uncle Du

I'll be thinking of him Prin.

Princess

Thanks. My mom talked to my cousin last night and she said that his arm is doing better and that he has circulation back in it again. In my opinion, that's a negligence lawsuit right there though

Radioactive Isotope

at least he's doing better :)

Indie-Girl

My Best friend, Matts Nan died last week and it hit him quite hard cause he hasnt been allowed to see her or ages cuz shed been ill, keep him and his family in your thoughts too? =]

Uncle Du

Thanks. My mom talked to my cousin last night and she said that his arm is doing better and that he has circulation back in it again. In my opinion, that's a negligence lawsuit right there though

Damn right.

My Best friend, Matts Nan died last week and it hit him quite hard cause he hasnt been allowed to see her or ages cuz shed been ill, keep him and his family in your thoughts too? =]

That's a real bummer. Hope everything works out for him.

Ayingel

um..i'm probably making a lot out of nothing right now, but i think something is wrong with me. while i was getting dizzy and having a hard time breathing, i had a chest x-ray taken. the doctor didn't see anything, but the radiologist noticed a mass in my upper abdomen. now, next week i'm going to the hospital for an ultrasound to figure out what it is. just...i dunno...pray everything's okay for me?

Princess

I hope that everything turns out

Andy

:(

*hug*

Radioactive Isotope

will do. hope it turns out to be nothing.

Princess

Please pray for my Grandma. Two years ago she had lung cancer, the other day her leg was hurting and my aunt took her to an urgent care clinic and they took an x-ray and called yesterday and they found a mass on her leg that could be a metastatic process. Please pray that it's not bone cancer and that it's just a cyst

Mara

Will do.

Uncle Du

She'll be in my thoughts. :)

Ayingel

the same thing happened with my grampa...she'll definaltely be in my prayers

Mara

Yet another update on my uncle...

Okay, well, I guess he's been really, really tired lately because of his medication, but (like most of us) he'd rather be tired than in lots of pain.

A week or two ago he went to bed at like 9 and my aunt had to wake him up at 11am. He ate and then went to take a nap at 1. So it seems he is really tired al the time.

But now, we learned that on this past Sunday, he fell three times. According to the doctor it's because his blood pressure and such is getting low. He wants him to use a walker or a wheelchair. But my uncle is a little confused and doesn't see why he needs a walker.

I dunno.. if his pressure keeps dropping... I dunno.

Mara

Update on my uncle...

Let's see...

(Not sure if I mentioned this...)

Well, a few ago my aunt took leave from her job and if they fire her, it doesn't matter to her, because she needs to take care of him.

Anyway, last week or so they moved a hospital bed into their living room and that's what he's sleeping in now.

My aunt sleeps on the couch nearby just in case.

I guess his respiratory rate is down but he refuses oxygen right now.

(My mom said she had to stop looking at him because it didn't look like he was breathing, but he was, slowly).

Because of this, he's been having a few hallucinations.

They don't think his liver has failed or died yet though (then he'd only have 24 hours or so left).

But there was a rumor (I don't know where it came from, so the truth of it is iffy...) that he may only have a week left.

Either way... two of my other uncles are cutting vacations short and coming up here.

So you know what that means.

Just be with his family and my dad... and if it comes soon.. may it be painless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.