Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Ayingel

okay...so, my friend justin died on thursday night..and the funeral is sometime this week...

and we found out that robert might be deployed within the next year...

Radioactive Isotope

*hugs* :cry:

Mara

His family will be in my thoughts.

Ana

I'm very sorry to hear that, hon. *hugs* Both Justin's family, and you and Robert will be in my thoughts.

Radioactive Isotope

I found out that I'm on the waiting list for the program I want at school. So if you guys would do me a huge favor and pray/send the good vibes my way to get in, I'd really appreciate it.

TheUnknown

I know this is late but Smurfette, you have my condolences.

JM: Good luck.

Princess

My grandma that's having to go through chemo and everything also has her cat dying and she's taking it kinda hard. Keep her in your thoughts please

Ana

Of course, Prin. She'll be in my thoughts.

Princess

Thanks. She's had the cat for 19 years and the vet thinks that he has cancer too

Mara

Will do.

Oh, and I shoulda posted earlier, but.... Thank, God, that all my neighbors are okay after lightening hit their house on Saturday during a big thunderstorm.

They got away with a broken chimney, some fried wiring and a hole in their bathroom wall... but at least they're all alright.

Radioactive Isotope

So I heard back from the lady about my school program today and.........*drum roll*

I'M IN!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

So thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Now start praying that I don't kill anyone.

TheUnknown

Congrats.

Ana

Way to go, JM! :D

Brumak

Awesome! :D

Ayingel

Okay, so, my dad and i had hospital visits today. i was not happy to find out why he was going. i'm not sure if he's know for the past three months or not...but he's had a cancer spot on his forehead. not sure if it's skin cancer or what, but i just wish i had known. i guess it explains why he was so stressed before i moved out if he did know. not only that, but he had a cyst removed today as well. he's had that for awhile tho..so, i dunno...

Uncle Du

Yikes, hope everything turns out OK! I know how painful a cyst removal is too. *shudders*

And, on my personal front, if you have not heard, my wife Christina and I are getting divorced. Basically what it boils down to is, she doesn't want to be my wife any more, because she feels that I am not the man for her in that position. What makes it so hard is that I KNOW she is the woman for me. Just really sucks that it isn't reciprocated. The good thing about the whole situation is, we're not arguing, and fighting and doing generally what everyone expects from a divorce. We're actually communicating so much better now that all these feelings are out in the open. We've been skating around so many issues since we've been married, and never really talked about them. And it's so odd too, because we've never had a problem talking about anything. Only things that effect our relationship are apparently off limits. Right now I just need the strength to get over this woman. I know that it's going to be the hardest thing that I've ever had to do. What's going to make it even harder is, she still want to be really good friends. She's told me so many times over the past few weeks that I am the best friend that she's ever had, ever. And I believe it. I took her to counseling the other day, because she's totally torn up over her decision as well, but she knows that dragging out a marriage that she doesn't want to be in would be bad for all parties involved, especially Kian. And that's what we need to worry about. It's definitely going to be a long year.

Edited by Du

Ayingel

God, du, that must be so rough.

Mara

I hope everything works out okay...

It's almost deja vu to what my cousin went through.

Uncle Du

Yea, I'm hoping that everything works out too. I mean, works out in the sense that, we can remain friends and all.

Oh yea, and on top of all this...I have a friggin leak in my rook now. When it rains it pours. :(

Mara

Well, yes... lol.

But I don't think it's gonna work out that way for my cousin, though. Yeah, she wants to be friends with him. Basically, the whole "you're still my best friend and I want to talk to you all the time even though I'm on a my second boyfriend since we were separated" thing. And the creepy thing is, her parents like him a whole lot more than her. They even got him Christmas presents last year while they were still actually separated.

Though her problem, I think she just thought getting married was a lark. Something fun to do for a few months. I mean, she was a nice girl but very screwed up.

So speaking of him and this thread, I think the divorce was finally final last week, so keeping him in your thoughts might be nice.

Uncle Du

I definitely will be thinking of him.

I can say though, that I really do believe Christina wants to stay friends, cause I do know that she does care about me. That, and I'm the father of her son too, and she wants things to be as good as possible for Kian. Because in the end, he's the only one that matters in this situation. We both have an obligation to make sure that Kian is taken care of and that he is ok emotionally, if if he may not be old enough to really know what's going on. But, he does know that something is wrong, kids are smart like that.

Mara

Yeah. But I think you two are actually thinking about a real relationship.

I think my cousin's ex just wants him to be her "buddy" or her best girl friend, lol. Everything was really weird.

Probably a good thing neither of them wanted kids. It would have been a real big mess then.

I don't even think they had a good year together, really, before they separated. Part of it was they hardly saw each other, yeah, but I think it was mostly her and her weird idea of what a marriage was. I think after she chased him and they started dating and actually got married, it wasn't fun anymore. We don't know for sure, but we think she was seeing someone else at the time before/during the separation.

I never thought I'd say that I liked my other cousin's wife better, lol.

Uncle Du

lol

Hm, I see people getting married for the wrong reasons all the time, and looking back, maybe we did too. To this day, C isn't sure if she wanted to get hitched. But, she said yes, because she said that's what she thought I wanted. I wanted to, but I wanter her to want to as well. I just need honesty really.

Mara

Yeah, we all do.

I just hope he can fine someone else someday.

It was 3-4 years of marriage, but at least 2 years was separation. I think he kept on hoping it would change. He didn't ever want to file and was waiting for her to. She finally did a few months ago.

On top of it all, he's starting a new job soon. And I think he had surgery a few weeks ago, I don't remember what kind. Hernia maybe? Just like your leaky ceiling. :p

Uncle Du

Sheesh. Yea. Things always seem to all happen at the same time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.