Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Drake

I'll be praying for ya.

Mara

Same here.

Ayingel

aaaand..i'm headed back in for surgery sometime soon...

Ana

Sorry to hear that hon. *hugs* You'll be in my thoughts.

Ayingel

my cousins were in a fire last night. my uncle and his wife just got a divorce...and the kids were at her house last night when a fire started in the garage and burned the whole place down. everyone is okay...except for the dogs. the dogs woke them up but couldn't be saved from the fire.

TheUnknown

I witnessed a wreck today. I was turning into the short road one of the parking decks on campus is on. There was a motorcycle heading the opposite way from which I came. As I was just getting out of the road (I had to turn left), I heard a loud, dull thud and looked in my rearview mirror. He was somersaulting through the air. A car hit him. I have no idea how badly he was injured, but I figure he was going 40-50 mph and didn't look to be wearing any leather clothing (don't remember if he had a helmet).

Uncle Du

Holy s***. That is so not cool. No one looks for motorcycles any more. Well, I hope he either fully recovers....or it was quick. :(

TheUnknown

The first responders were very quick, thankfully. I called 911 and by the time I climbed all the way to the 6th floor of the parking deck, several police cars and a fire truck were already there and an ambulance was just feet away. I tried to see what kind of condition he was in (ie. did they cover his head) as I was walking to class, but I could't see anything.

Jake Durron

So an update on my aunt. The radiation got a lot of but not all of the lung cancer and now its spread to her brain. She's lost a lot of her memories and she's getting worse every day. Luckily she managed to get my grandmother to make the medical decisions and because of that she's getting her into a better nursing home but its still really bad.

Ayingel

uh, unknown, you know you're supposed to stay put if you see an accident, right?

TheUnknown

I didn't really see the accident itself, per se. I just saw the guy flying.

Mara

My coworker's sister's boyfriend and his dog were attacked last night by a pitbull, just as he was taking her for a walk. He's okay, a few bites and stuff, but his dog is pretty messed up and might not make it.

And to make matters worse, the people and the pitbull disappeared when the police when looking for them. So I'm thinking it wasn't just something innocent, a dog "gone wild." (I know plenty of pitbulls who aren't aggressive at all).

I hope his dog pulls through.. and they catch the b******s who stood there watching their dog attack his dog and himself.

TheUnknown

There are certain dog breeds I just don't like and I haven't found out why people buy them. Pitbulls are one such breed.

Princess

My aunt had a pitbull mix and she's the sweetest dog. She also thinks that she's a 70lb lapdog, but that's another thing

TheUnknown

It's funny. Many big dogs think they're little and want to sit in your lap (my Siberian husky was that way). And some little dogs think they're huge.

Radioactive Isotope

no kidding.

my neighbor's disabled sister was attacked by a pitbull a couple years ago. the dog was perfectly sweet up until then, and was wagging its tail when it's owner shot it to keep it from attacking her again. as much as i hate the breed specific legislation that's popped up recently, there are still breeds i would be very leery of having, especially around children. pitbulls and rotweilers top the list.

although i've never heard of an aggressive greyhound.

Princess

Uh huh. And she watches TV too

TheUnknown

There are a ton of videos on Youtube of cats watching Meerkat Manor. Quite amusing.

Princess

Well, you don't want Sasha to see an animal on TV, she starts barking at it.

Ayingel

no kidding.

my neighbor's disabled sister was attacked by a pitbull a couple years ago. the dog was perfectly sweet up until then, and was wagging its tail when it's owner shot it to keep it from attacking her again. as much as i hate the breed specific legislation that's popped up recently, there are still breeds i would be very leery of having, especially around children. pitbulls and rotweilers top the list.

although i've never heard of an aggressive greyhound.

and after 101 dalmations, no one seems to think that they're bad for kids, but they're really jealous dogs

Link

I... have a pitbull >.> She's the best dog I've ever, ever had. I was terrified of pits before I got Devi. She's my guard dog. That other night somebody knocked at our back door and nobody goes to the backdoor so she started barking and staring at it. I opened the door and she walked out very calmly and stared at the guy who only managed a "Whoa, Jesus!" and jumped off our deck. She never went after him. She waited for her command. So. Pits are NOT all bad. Thank you, that is all.

Radioactive Isotope

some friends of ours lost a dog to the parvo virus Friday and they are very concerned about their other dogs, including a litter of puppies. please keep them and the dogs in your thoughts and prayers.

TheUnknown

My co-workers grandfather just died. In the past year, she's lost three of her grandparents.

Mara

One of my coworkers, Mary, had a heart attack this past weekend.

She's home now but still prayers for her and her family, that she recovers well.

Radioactive Isotope

my dad threw out his back last week, and is having an MRI today to see what's going on. please keep him and the doctors in your thoughts and prayers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.