Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Andy

Damn, hope he's doing alright.

TheUnknown

He's come to.  Problems with lungs and kidneys but no brain damage from what I know.  Scared as ewok, too.  The bitch who did also was the one who did CPR.  So she almost killed him but saved him also.  In fact, he did die before being resuscitated. 

Edited by TheUnknown

Andy

Well, at least she had the decency to resuscitate him. :(

TheUnknown

Now, we've heard from someone else that she lied about that. 

Andy

2018 has gotten off to a sith start. A family member had been off work sick since Christmas and was rushed into hospital a couple of weeks ago.

It's pretty serious but the doctors seem happy with their progress, but it's going to be an ongoing process.

TheUnknown

Damn.  I hope everything turns out alright. 

Ana

Sending good thoughts your family's way, B.

Andy

Well they've apparently moved onto a rehabilitation ward today. He's not out of the woods yet but that's a good sign. 

TheUnknown

I just found out that someone I had known since middle school died last night.  I wouldn't quite say he was a friend, but he was more than an acquaintance.

TheUnknown

Add to that my great aunt just died.  And a friend from college lost his wife today.

Andy

Ack, sorry to hear that. 

I might have mentioned in another thread, but one of my uncles died on Xmas Eve, just had his funeral last week.

I didn't realise this thread had been dormant for so long: the family member I last mentioned turned out to have cancer. It was looking bad for a while there but he's doing great now. 

TheUnknown

His funeral was like six weeks after he died?  Is that a custom in the UK?  Where I live, it's like a week later.

Andy

It's usually quicker. I think part of the delay was just due to it being during the Christmas and New Year period, and he died in hospital after a short sudden illness so I don't know if that complicates things. 

TheUnknown

My mom had a mammogram today.  They found a mass.  We're awaiting the results of the biopsy.

Andy

Oh no, hope it goes well. 

TheUnknown

It's cancer. ?

Andy

Sorry to hear that. If you need to talk or even just rant you can message me any time. :(

TheUnknown

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.