Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Ender

I'm really sorry to hear that. That's gotta be tough.

SoftballJedi

The worst part of it is, is that it's basically an abortion (same procedure, pretty much) and my mother is so againest abortion, and she has to get it done. She says if there was a .00000001% chance that Charlie/Charlee would survive she'd go full-term.

She thinks abortion is wrong. And we are Catholics. Which doesn't help. But I don't think it's worth it for her to have to go full-term and feel the baby kick and move and know it's growing...when it'll either be stillborn or die minutes after it's birth.

She's getting it done Tuesday...it's gonna be 5 to 7 hours long!! That's crazy. It's gonna be a long day.

But life still goes on. It's weird, you know? Me and my brother are still firefighting. I'm getting ready for playoffs (which are this weekend, how ironic) and we are all getting excited about it...still being able to laugh.

Thanks for all of your prayers and wishes.

Ayingel

you'll all make it. i don't know if you'll be able to answer this, but if you need a better way to think about it, if having this child would be in any way endangering to the health of both of them, you'd be saving at least once life instead of losing two. but i know it still doesn't justify an abortion.

GI_Admiral

you're made up of experiences and lack of experiences. This just happens to be something that may seem hard at first, but will shape you as a person later.

Radioactive Isotope

in my mind, there are very few instances where abortion should even be considered. this is one of them. i'm sorry to hear such tragic news, and even sorrier that i've been busy and i'm just now hearing about it. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Princess

What JM said. It'd be even harder for your mom to carry this baby to term only to watch him die minutes later. Sometimes God does things for a reason that we don't understand at the time and this is probably one of those times. I'm sorry that you have to go through this though

Mara

Hey y'all... I have a couple concerns..

First off... My friend is headed over to D.C. for some Peace Corp orientation before she flies to Costa Rica to train and then serve for the next two years.

I'd just like her to be in your thoughts and prayers to make sure she can serve to the best of her abiliities.. and that later she returns safely.

Second of all... My family found out that my cousin and his wife have seperated. I'd like them to be kept in thoughts and prayers.. hopefully they'll be able to work things out without resorting to divorce.

Neil1

My cat isn't eating well. I'd like it for all of you to keep him in your prayers.

SoftballJedi

Well, it's done.

The baby was worse than they thought...the skull wasn't formed and a bunch of other stuff.

It was already dying. But they didn't say if the baby had Down's or something, so I'm guessing it was mentally competent.

My mum's okay, just really tired. She's okay otherwise, she can actually eat.

Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts :)

Tsl

If the skull wasn't formed on top of all the other problem's, I can almost 100% guarantee you the baby would never have been normal mentally. It would have been very severely devistated at best.

...not that that makes the situation any better, I guess.

My prayers are with you.

Ayingel

i'm glad to hear she's doing okay...i hope you all can remain strong about it..

Radioactive Isotope

my aunt was recently diagnosed with liver and pancratic cancer. apparently, it was there when she had her colon rememoved two years ago, but the doctors missed it. on top of that, she has three boys and her husband is a crack addict (i don't think i've seen him but once or twice since they got married, and it's been awhile). it would mean a lot if ya'll could keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Ayingel

no problem. i hope everything is alright for her family

Princess

My uncle has a tumor near the rectum and they're biopsing it on the 30th of this month and he's on the top of the cancellation list in case they can do it sooner. The surgeon, who isn't a young doctor, said that he's never seen anything like this and that he's totally puzzled by it. If by unlucky chance it's cancer, he's going to have to go to UofM for surgery and treatment, so please, keep your fingers crossed for a negative biopsy

Tsl

I shall cross my fingers AND keep him in my prayers!

Andy

I hope everything goes well for your uncle, Prin. :(

Ayingel

my cousin was just in a car accident this morning. she was on her way to coach cheerleading practice with her two daughters (one is six, the other is two) and a truck with a trailer didn't stop at a yield sign and t-boned her. she has a broken leg and the two kids are okay, i don't know about the other driver (his truck started on fire)...i'm just so glad she was able to call for help. it sounded like she'd be out of the hospital today, but we really don't know...i haven't heard if her husband came down to get the girls or not...he might have been out on truck with the cows at the time..

Link

My gosh... I'm glad they're all ok!!!

And I have a "Thank God" for the day... Dad was tested for Thyroid cancer this time and it came back negative...

Radioactive Isotope

that is good news

and i'm glad your cousin was ok, JC.

Princess

Glad everyone is ok from the crash

And Link, hooray for your dad. Though thyroid cancer is pretty easy to beat, my mom had it 11 years ago

Link

well, he's already had kidney cancer so i don't know if his body would take a whole lot more very nicely

Andy

A friend of mine was in a car crash about a month ago, dunno if I said. There was something in the road and he tried to avoid it and lost control of his nice new MG sports car. His girlfriend got away with a broken ankle and managed to call the ambulance, but he was unconcious and had broken both his arms and legs. He's out of hospital now though, in a wheelchair for a while.

Kinda funny though, cos he was the one that was organising that parachute jump, and I had been saying a few days before that you are more likely to be in a car accident than die on a parachute jump.

Ayingel

....so you hexed him? that isn't very nice :lomin:

Radioactive Isotope

whoa....freaky

Ayingel

so, i guess my cousin hasn't left the hospital yet...her leg was fractured in more than one spot...but her daughters are doing alright, and my dad, my uncle, her husband and daughters, and i are all eating lunch with her :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.