Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Ayingel

Well, I'm headed off to Florida on Wednesday..and I'll be there in-between hurricanes...and maybe in one because of the constant bombardment they will soon be recieving down there. Pray that the 600+ people there for the conference I am going to are all safe!

Drake

Have a safe trip, JC!

Please pray for my granny. She was sent to the hospital a couple days ago for pneumonia. Apparently she had it for a few days but no one at the nursing home where she lives clued in. Her right lung was completely full of fluid and her left was three quarters full. They managed to get a tube in and sucked out the fluid. Today, she coded (whatever that means) and they moved her to ICU. The doctor said that it was because they didn't know what form of pneumonia bacteria it was so they put her on one antibiotic...and that one obviously didn't work so they're giving her different stuff now. He also said that her heart stopped a couple times but they managed to bring her back. Now her condition is stable and they have her sedated and on life-support. Her condition is dangerous right now because she could go either way (get better or die)...this is because she's 72 and pneumonia is a dangerous thing for the elderly.

We're all hoping and praying for the best. She's cheated death more then once. In the mid-70's she had a heart attack and was supposed to die but she fought through that. And then just a few years ago she had a quadruple heart bypass followed by a stroke. She was supposed to die but she fought through that too. We're praying that she's got enough fight in her to kill those damn bugs and live through this.

Ayingel

aw, drake, i know what you're going through...my late grandfather had pneumonia and that brought on his death (after a struggle with cancer)...and now my other grandfather is dying...

i'll be praying for you guys...

Tsl

I will pray for her, love *huggles him tight*

Princess

I hope she gets well soon Drake

Drake

Thanks. :)

Radioactive Isotope

same here

Drake

Updateness:

My granny is starting to show signs of improvement! The doctors said that she's gotten past the worst of it and she should start recovering. She's still in a dangerous condition but she's been opening her eyes and communicating with the hospital staff and members of the family.

Thank you everyone for all your prayers and well wishes. :)

Radioactive Isotope

yay! that's great news, Drake!

Tsl

Yay! That's great! It's amazing what people can come back from when there's a strong will to fight :)

Drake

Updateness:

It seems that the will to live isn't always enough. We found out that my granny has been having some major heart problems and it's failing. It's hard to tell when she'll go but I don't think she'll make it another day. Please keep my mom, my aunts and the whole family in your prayers. My granny was loved by many people and it's going to be hard for everyone when she passes away.

Thanks guys.

Princess

Sorry to hear that Drake. May God be with you and your family in this trying time

Chickenman

I'm sorry Drake.

I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

Radioactive Isotope

same here. sorry to hear that, Drake. :cry:

Princess

Ok so my grandma has been mysteriously dizzy and such the past few weeks and has been making repeated trips to the doctor. We find out today that she has primary empty sellas syndrome which means that she has an empty compartment in her brain, or something like that. There's not much info out there on it. We don't know what the treatment will be yet or anything

Radioactive Isotope

that sounds really weird. i'll definitely keep her in my prayers

and on another note, Keith and Sarah are fighting again, so please pray they'll be able to work something out.

Princess

Well I found some stuff on it, and pretty much, due to some intercranial pressure in the sella turica, her pituitary gland has been flattened out, causing hypopituitarism. So she'll pretty much just need hormone treatment. And it doesn't affect life expectancy at all

Ayingel

well guys, the conference was successful! so...how about a prayer of thanks?

aaaannnd...my cousin has a benefit tomorrow...so...could ya'll pray for that too?

Ayingel

hey, um...my dad is heading in for his one year check up after his transplant, so could ya'll keep him in your prayers that nothing is wrong!

Ender

Well I found some stuff on it, and pretty much, due to some intercranial pressure in the sella turica, her pituitary gland has been flattened out, causing hypopituitarism.  So she'll pretty much just need hormone treatment.  And it doesn't affect life expectancy at all

Oooh... that's not cool at all. But tell your grandma, just in case she doesn't already know, that the hormone treatment isn't that bad. Depending on what she needs, it's usually just a pill in the morning or a tiny little shot, or both.

Princess

Well I found some stuff on it, and pretty much, due to some intercranial pressure in the sella turica, her pituitary gland has been flattened out, causing hypopituitarism.  So she'll pretty much just need hormone treatment.  And it doesn't affect life expectancy at all

Oooh... that's not cool at all. But tell your grandma, just in case she doesn't already know, that the hormone treatment isn't that bad. Depending on what she needs, it's usually just a pill in the morning or a tiny little shot, or both.

Yeah, we're waiting for her lab results to come back and then she has an appointment with an endocrinologist

Princess

There's a patient lying in ICU right now that is dead. She's being kept alive so that her organs may give life to others. Please pray for her family in this time and also for the receipients of the organs that she is so graciously donating

Ayingel

go organ donation! it saved my dad!

Ayingel

i don't think the tests are going too well...my dad is pretty sick today...

strike that...he is very sick and can't keep down his stuff for tomorrow's tests...that's very not good...

Edited by Smurfette

Princess

Eek. Hope he feels better

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.