Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Radioactive Isotope

that's great!

Mara

I'd really appreciate prayers and thoughts for my uncle.

I don't know much, my parents aren't telling me much, but what I gather is that his colon cancer is back, but in his liver.

He has an egg-sized tumor, and also spots in his liver and lymph nodes.

Apparently he only has a few months or something.

My dad is especially taking this hard, as he's his oldest youngest brother (if that makes sense).

Radioactive Isotope

yikes. cancer in the liver is not good. i will definitely keep him in my prayers.

Mara

Well, he had treatment last week. Earlier he had been feeling bad and hadn't wanted to do anything, but decided to.

I guess they did some kind of ablution thing where they went in and cut off blood supply to the two lumps/tumors, whatever they are.

It gives him some more time.

However, he still has spots in his lymph nodes and they find another small spot on his liver, I think.

Radioactive Isotope

*hugs*

Mara

And now my grandpa's in the hospital.

I guess he just has pneumonia. He's been weak the past couple days.. and hadn't been eating much. And my mom suspects that he's had another stroke possibly.

Right now he's in an ACE unit at the hospital and I guess when he regains his strength, then they have to decide whether he can go home or not. If not, he'll go to a continuing care type facility.

I think this is what he needs. My grandma can't fully take care of him anymore, so I think he needs to be in an assisteed living type environment, but that's not for me to decide.

Oh well.... we'll have to see what happens.

SoftballJedi

OK...right now I'm sittin here with my older brother and dog, Shadow.

Earlier I noticed that she was shakin and up in my face. Finally I got her to move and I realized there was somethin wrong with her leg.

It looks like the bone is stickin out or something..she's in alot of pain. We are waiting for our mom to come home...crap..I think we are takin her to the vet hospital..but I think she wants to drop my younger brothers off first..

God, I really hope she's okay..poor Shadow..we've only had her a year..we adopted her..she's about 2..

I hate not being able to DO anything about...so if you could keep Shadow in your thoughts..it'd mean the world to me.

Mara

Update...

My grandfather passed away this past Friday. My grandmother especially needs prayers, as life with him is really what she ever knew... They have been married for over 60 years and she knew him for 70 years.

And prayers tomorrow, as that's when the funeral is.

Basically, it started when he had a stroke ten years ago and last week he wasn't feeling well and went to the hospital, but they sent him home with antibiotics. The next morning (Sat.) he was weak and couldn't get out of bed. So they called a docter and they admitted him to the hospital to the ACE unit (Acute Care for the Elderly). Wednesday they put in a feeding tube to help him get nutrients because he couldn't swallow anymore. He had fluid in his lungs and stuff too. Then early Friday morning he was unresponsive but was awake and moving a bit a few hours later. Then that evening when my parents went over to spend some time and later take my grandma home, his blood pressure dropped and then his breathing.

He wasn't in any pain.

But yeah.. prayers for tomorrow and for my grandmother especially.

Uncle Du

I'm very sorry to hear that Mara, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers especially your Grandmother.

Mara

Thanks. : )

Neil1

Painless is always comforting. They die so calmly you'd think they were just dozing off. Truly the best way to die.

Ana

My condolences, Mara. You, your grandmother, and your family will be in my thoughts.

Princess

I'm sorry for your loss Mara. I hope this time of sadness passes quickly for your family, though it's especially hard to lose someone over the holidays

Mara

Thanks, all.

I think we're all doing a lot better. He's in a better place now.

Though, it'll take my grandmother awhile to get used to it. She has a lot more free time now that she's not taking care of him.

Mara

Update on my uncle...

I guess his latest treatment didn't go so well... And now he's got 5 distinct spots on his liver, I think about 1-2 cm in diameter or something. And he has more on his lymph nodes (I don't know which ones).

When it rains, it pours, eh?

Uncle Du

I hope that this Holiday season is as good as it can be for you and your family Mara. I hope you can at least all take comfort in being around eachother. :)

Mara

Yeah, even though I don't see my dad's side of the family as often as my mom's.

That's one comfort, my uncle is on the other side of the family than my grandpa.

Uncle Du

Please keep our friends Cole and Miranda in your thoughts. Their baby boy, Bradley, was born Saturday night, and now he's in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, with possible respiratory problems. He weighed in at 8 pounds 22 ounces and was 22 inched long. And he was three weeks early. There may be the possibility that he has a genetic disorder called Beckwith Wiedemann Syndrome, which, from what I have gathered, is when an infants internal organs are larger than normal. As of last night, he was doing better, but his Mom and Dad are very nervous.

Radioactive Isotope

i would be too. poor little guy.

Princess

I hope that all goes well with the lil guy. NICU is the best place for him to be right now

Uncle Du

Yea, and that's about the best care that a person can ever get at a navy hospital.

Mara

Of course. : )

Uncle Du

And here's a pic of baby Bradley. He's doing a lot better, and should be outta the hospital, but it's the navy, and they're ewoking stupid.

100_0938.jpg

Radioactive Isotope

awwwww!! ^_^

Ana

So adorable! ^^ I hope he gets to go home soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.