Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Drake

But all they want to do is sniff your hair.

Ayingel

Or see your nicccccccccccccccccccccccccce houssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse....

Princess

Not the few that I've seen this week.

Pandora

Ugh Daniel and I are headed south again. Tequila lullaby tonight.

Princess

first off no 10 year old needs to have a phone with texting capabilities. Second, said child should not be sitting in church texting the entire service. Thirdly, the adult with him should have taken the phone away instead of his younger sister telling him to put it away. Finally, if you're not going to pay attention and text all of mass you should not be taking Communion

I seriously felt the need to slap him and the adult (not sure if it was his mom or not) with him and take the phone away

Ayingel

Please, Dawn, tell me more about how it is my fault you didn't remember to take something off the ticket from my table when I asked you WHEN SHE FOUND THE BUG. And, please, tell me more about how there is no "I" in team. There's also "us." So try again.

Pandora

A non-injury traffic collision at leass than 30 mph does NOT warrant hiring a ewoking ambulance-chasing dirtbag lawyer!! Piece of sith scum of the Earth suing over a dent in his 20-year old piece of sith crapcan he calls a car. Bring it on dude. My lawyer's already paid for.

Ana

Food poisoniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. HATE.

Bad furday

Awwwww :( *huggles*

Radioactive Isotope

Grrrr.....

The flaming moron who owned my car before I got it did absolutely ZERO maintenance on it. None whatsoever. Now, I'm not car people, but even I know you have to get things looked at and replaced now and then. It's not fun and sometimes it's not cheap. But it's sure cheaper to maintain than to let it get to the point of catastrophic failure. So what we thought was a bad tire, slightly off-track window, dimming dash display, and headlight replacement has turned into:

-4 new tires

-All new shocks and struts

-Busted ball joint

-A leak somewhere in the transmission fluid line

-Another leak somewhere in the engine block

-Busted CV axle

-Headlight assembly replacement

-Dimming dash display

-Missing nuts in the motor mount (WTF?!)

We won't know the extent of the leaks until we get some of the other things fixed. On top of that, the first mechanic we took it to seems to have a white-hot hatred for VDubs. He spent half the time we were there telling us how terrible their cars were and the other half saying we were idiots to buy it. And this was before he'd even looked at the car. Unfortunately, he's the owner's son, so complaining about it won't do any good. The tire guy was nicer about it. He at least said once we get these problems taken care of, it'll be a good, reliable car. It better be. I better not have to do anything to it besides routine maintenance for a LONG time.

At least the cruise control and seat warmers work. :mad:

Bad furday

I wish you'd told us you were looking at getting a used car beforehand! We'd have all offered advice. :(

The leak in the engine block and the missing nuts from the motormount would be the biggest issues I think. The leak might mean there's a crack in the block, and that would be cost ineffective to replace Ie: you might end up paying more to fix it than the car is actually worth. Also..with the nuts missing from the motor mount, the engine isn't fixed securely to the frame and can vibrate around and such- I'd worry about possibly warping in the surrounding area.

Well...I'm sure the people on this forum are much more technically astute than I am automotively. I've selected the forum for the 2000 Passat for you.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Passat-(B5)

Radioactive Isotope

We've been looking off and on since my Altima died in May. These problems are mostly due to the previous owner being a moron and not taking care of the car. Had we known all this was wrong with it, we wouldn't have bought it. But we did test drive it and it handled well. We knew the one tire was a problem and had planned on getting it fixed anyway. The other problems we were told about were mostly cosmetic and we didn't care a whole lot about getting them fixed. The rest of it was a pretty nasty surprise. Although I have to say I have my doubts about some of it. The mechanic's little rant about how crappy Volkswagon cars are before he even touched mine has made me a little suspicious about what he says is "wrong." There's no way to know the extent of the "leaks" (if they even really exist to begin with) until they clean off the engine and we watch the fluid levels. The research I've done on this particular car says as long as the maintenance is kept up, it's a good, reliable car. But if you don't maintain it, it's a pain and a half to get fixed.

Pandora

My advice is to NOT let that mechanic work on your car. He'll be looking for a way to tell you I told you so again and that the car isn't worth fixing.

Radioactive Isotope

I'm calling the local VW dealership Monday for a second opinion. The headlight assembly's going to have to come from them anyway.

Ayingel

Very broke. Very depressed. Very not enjoying myself at this concert, tho I went for free

Ayingel

Contemplating ditch diving with the car on the way to my parents' house. I don't know how to deal with this.

Princess

What's wrong sweetie?

Ayingel

Really high anxiety levels right now. Personally, I want to see a psychiatrist or something but I don't know...

Princess

GO for it. It helped me through some really tough times. That and ativan

TheUnknown

Ditto go for it. I've seen both a psychiatrist and a psychologist and found that both helped. Welbutrin has worked very well for me for both my depression and my anxiety. As an added bonus, it also helps control impulses (not saying that's a problem for you, but impulse eating has been a problem for me).

Radioactive Isotope

Don't worry about paying for it right now either. Your health is infinitely more important and the money will work itself out.

Ayingel

Well, at the end of the concert, I definitely felt better, so I don't know entirely what's wrong. I'm going to look into a psychiatrist and see what steps I'll be able to take from there.

Pandora

What a lot of people don't realize is that problems like depression or anxiety, etc., are not a continuous state; the symptoms are indicative of an issue if they are the predominant feelings over the course of a couple weeks. There are ups and downs, but when the downs are so much more difficult to get out of is when it's time to get a little nudge.

Coincidentally, I need to take my own advice. *sigh*

Princess

Son of a bitch! My direct deposit didn't go into my account yesterday, so I didn't get paid like I was supposed to!

Pandora

Ugh that is irritating!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.