Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Princess

I got a paystub too

Radioactive Isotope

Today I'm reminded of what I hate about healthcare.

Princess

What's that?

Radioactive Isotope

For the most part, the patients I deal with aren't that sick. But occasionally, I get one on death's door. Like today. End stage cancer and the docs are worried about her gallbladder. I was just praying she didn't code while in my department. :(

Princess

Awwwwwww :( *hugs*

I hate it when I have to tell an ER doctor that the patient who is here with fatigue actually has leukemia

Radioactive Isotope

Yeah. The lady had a lot of family with her. Normally I don't let families come back for the exam, but under the circumstances I let it slide this time. Most of them were pretty calm, but I could tell the daughter was not doing well. She almost got me going. As it was, I had to sit in my car for a bit and destress.

Of course, my husband being out of town all week might have had something to do with me being a bit emotional.

Edited by Radioactive Isotope

Princess

The JMster needs some cuddle time with the hubs

Pandora

So I typed up this--I guess it's a rant--long post and looked over it and realized that if I posted that it would probably freak you out and totally turn you off. Suffice it to say at least making myself type it and read it.... did absolutely nothing. There was now therapeutic property to it at all.

Pandora

Okay, kiddos. Failure to come to class is NOT a disability. Why bother telling Student Disability Services you have ADD and need time and a half to take an exam you are going to fail anyway because you aren't bothering to come to class? There's an identical class about 20% this size with NO tests. Go write a bunch of crappy papers for Frank and get out of my hair.

Princess

I de-scaled my keurig yesterday, which involves filling the reservoir with vinegar and running it all through then running water through until the vinegar is completely gone. I thought that I had ran enough water through the tank that all the vinegar was gone. Apparently I was wrong because when I made a cup of coffee before work and added milk to the coffee, it instantly curdled. So, I had to run to 7-11 before work and get a cappuccino and a bottle of creamer to take to work

Bad furday

Heehee, no, you've got to keep running a water cycle though it until there's no vinegar taste left in the water (which takes longer than it says in the manual), then you know it's all flushed out. :)

Though with the descaling process, the heated up vinegar makes the whole kitchen smell like the photo lab's dark room!

Pandora

My computer and internet are running slow, I've got a screaming headache, and all my joints hurt. I am officially Ms. Grumpy Pants this morning. The undergrads should be afraid. Very afraid.

Princess

Heehee, no, you've got to keep running a water cycle though it until there's no vinegar taste left in the water (which takes longer than it says in the manual), then you know it's all flushed out. :)

Though with the descaling process, the heated up vinegar makes the whole kitchen smell like the photo lab's dark room!

I know Furday, but I thought I had it all out. I had thought that I'd figured out a faster way to do it. I was wrong

I'm also really freaking out of shape

Pandora

Grrr why the hell can't I understand ANYTHING I read lately?!?! Seriously! This selective comprehension crap is pushing me over the edge! :(

Ayingel

Robert's being a real crab-ass this morning. It's putting me into a really bad mood.

Drake

Awww.

Here's a kitteh video to cheer you up.

Jake Durron

So I got a job at Starbucks... which I mean is pretty ewoking awesome, right? I have the experience, I'm outgoing, I'm good with dealing with bitchy customers.

So my boss has been saying she needs stronger Shift Supervisors. Because the ones she has are alright, but they don't really have the drive to make the store shine and train and sith... so she makes a deal with another store (the one that's across from the headquarters and thus always in tip top shape and running on overdrive) to trade one of her sup's for one of theirs because she wanted someone who could help her whip the store into shape. So we got Cesia.

Cesia is this great person, not the BEST with talking to customers but she takes charge and gets stuff done. So she gets here. and she's APPALLED. The store is "absolutely disgusting" and "horrible" and was just like shaking in horror. Now I've been there a little over a month, and I haven't been trained the best, so she started moving sith around that I've not seen moved every night by the other shifts (ever actually) and suddenly I'm agreeing when I see how dirty the place is. So she puts me to cleaning like crazy. Well this was her first day at the store, she had to do the inventory that night which she'd never done before and the only other person closing with her was me. So when she had a question about every little closing duty I didn't know, I couldn't answer some of her questions and she took so much back with her to clean that when the dishes were coming back out front I had no idea what some of it was. Well we were so focused we lost track of time then we had to finish closing and before we knew it, it was 11:15 before we left. Now, we actually SCRUBBED the entire bathroom, moved all the machines and cleaned out all of the cup holders, wiped down the walls, backwashes, all of it. But we were SUPPOSED to get out at 7:30.

Now I understand, COMPLETELY why my boss is pissed that we got out nearly four hours late, I do. But I'm only the Barista, I'm NOT the shift supervisor. So when I got in the next day, and she found out how late we had been I expected a few moments of her exclaiming in anger how wrong we were. But i figured her wrath would be directed at Cesia. Starbucks policy says I can't leave until Cesia does, I'm not allowed to abandon her there to hang herself so when she decided to clean and take all this crap on, I was stuck helping. But it hasn't been Cesia who's gotten all the snide comments and accusations. I mean sure, Mesi read her the riot act and told her she was in the wrong. But it was ME who was accused of taking advantage of Mesi to get more hours by staying (and it sounded like she thought it was my idea) it's ME Mesi is yelling at for not knowing what to do or where things are/go (I'm still trying to figure out how I'm to blame for not knowing what they haven't taught me) it's ME Mesi bitches at when she finds something isn't spotless, "Oh... I thought you were here for FOUR HOURS cleaning! what is this! this isn't clean! why isn't this clean? What were you doing? So unbelivable! can't believe you did that to me!" over and over and over for THREE ewokING DAYS. I'm seriously like... I've had a ewoking knot in my stomach walking into work every day this past week because she keeps talking with a nastier tone each time. It's so stressful. And I had absolutely no control over it either!

It feels like she's TRYING to find a way to fire me, I absolutely hate the situation I'm in. Plus I'm paying mom like 700 a month plus money for gas and parking, food and phone I'm taxed out and can't afford to lose it or quit.

GOOD NEWS is my dad surprised me with a refurbished laptop from a doctor's office. Nothing fancy but I have interwebs!

Ayingel

(The kitten video made me feel good. Thanks)

I'm sorry your boss is a bitch Jake :( sounds worse than mine. Maybe you'll luck out and she'll have done time off coming up so you can work without the bad air. Or, if you feel it gets too bad, call the anonymous tipping most corporate places have, since she seems to be stepping over a line...

TheUnknown

Anyone want to grade twenty essays on separation of powers and federalism.

Ayingel

Okay, look here, bitch. See how many cars are at the gas station? Yeah, that means it's pretty ewoking busy. And I know you saw me come in behind you, since I was behind you on the road as well. And I KNOW you saw me behind you waiting to get into the same area to pump gas because you looked back AT ME. Bitch, there are two pumps there. YOU ARE NOT USING BOTH OF THEM. I don't care that you're over 40, that you're black, three times my size, and inside the store (Yeah, that's right. She had to go in for her donut and coffee first), The only think keeping me from going in there and giving you a piece of my mind (and possibly my fist) was the cop pulling into the gas station as I was making up my mind. And yeah, I flipped off your 70 year old husband. And I hope he tells you about it. But he probably won't because he looked pretty comatose anyway. And yes, I did smack you with my extremely heavy purse as I came into the store to get a bottle of water. Because of you, I couldn't go to the gym this morning because, unlike you, I don't live off of the entitlement system and I need to work for what I have. How about you learn some common ewokING decency and never leave your house again.

TheUnknown

I wrote a milder version of this on a student's essay:

"No, you paranoid asshole. Engel v. Vitale never said you couldn't pray or read the Bible in school or in public. It said the ewoking school couldn't make students pray and couldn't create an "official" prayer. Plus, it had nothing to do with Bible reading at all."

James the Defender

Student loans=ruination of life. I would have more money, if, at this moment, I never went to college and worked at Wawa (local convenience store, great benefits). Money is tight and Caity and I can't get a place of our own b/c I have these loans hanging over my head like the Sword of Damocles...

Stupid sword...

Pandora

*giggles* Damocles. I'm such a goob.

Princess

Hopefully Morgan isn't holding it

Pandora

:D Looks like someone had a nice big bowl of fanatic-Os this morning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.