Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Pandora

Hey! I'm not Asian and I was the same way. So I never made lower than an A. I mean, come on. You want good grades, you get good grades. Oh yeah, they forgot to mention that there's work involved. :roll:

TheUnknown

She's Turkish (although very Americanized). She scheduled a meeting with me today. She was there before I was.

Pandora

Wowser. Seems to me that you take up way more grades than a lot of instructors. There should be time to bring that up.

TheUnknown

Not really. Just four exams (including one today) and a couple minor things during breakout. Anyways, I had one withdraw today because she got only a 77 on the first exam. Jesus, people, grades for this professor tend to improve as the semester progresses. And, he typically has among the higher grades for the professors who teach this class; it's not getting much easier. I know the average test score for another professor was in the 60s, while my average test score was around a 78. You need at least a 70 to get credit for this class.

Pandora

Oh. Well what are they complaining about???

Our first exam is tomorrow. Here comes the 50% fail rate! Whoohoo!!! :p

Radioactive Isotope

My mom's sewing machine is possessed. <.<

:help:

*hides*

Ayingel

GREAT ewokING WAY TO END MY DAY. DROP MY KEYS DOWN THE ELEVATOR SHAFT, WHEN I'M ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE ROAD HEADED TWO HOURS NORTH.

Princess

I've always been scared of doing that

Pandora

Well now I will be. As if our elevators needed something to make them scarier.

Ayingel

And now I'm not leaving until the morning. Which means: Laura is waking up at 5 am. Laura has to go straight from dropping off Robert to work. Laura has to go straight from work to Old Chicago to meet with her aunt for a light snack before going to a dance class. Laura will not be home until at least 10 pm tomorrow. And Laura works at 9 am on Saturday.

TheUnknown

Okay, so we gave the second test last week: essay on Wednesday, short answer and multiple choice on Friday. So, I have 50 tests to grade. And I have to do it by next Wednesday this time instead of by next Friday because Thursday is the deadline for students to withdraw from the course. So, damn that.

Also, we (the TAs and the professor) have been telling the students to focus on concepts instead of nit-picky details. I specifically said I doubt there would be questions like "Which of the following elections was a realigning election?" I look at the multiple choice and say a lot of questions like that, questions asking about the specific issues of certain elections. So, now I feel like a jackass.

Princess

I just drank the end of my coffee

Ayingel

Okay, when NORMAL people say "I'm gonna get going," they don't stay talking on the phone for 30 minutes. I want to watch my damn show, and I'll see you tomorrow IN LESS THAN 10 HOURS.

TheUnknown

My mom used to do things like that to me when I was a kid. We'd be visiting someone like my uncle and aunt. I'd be off playing with my cousin. She'd say it's time to go. I'd go to her, but then, she would fall back into a conversation with my uncle and aunt for another thirty minutes.

Princess

Okay, for some reason my Wii isn't recognizing a game disk. Figures this happens when I actually want to exercise

Princess

I frigging hate tossing and turning all night when I have somewhere to be

Pandora

Dear Dumbass Student,

According to your syllabus, notification prior to the exam must be received via email or telephone that you will be unable to make the exam if you wish to schedule a make up. We make a few exceptions, including catestrophic illness with proper documentation. Your email that I received nearly a full week after the test that lacked any punctuation including commas, periods, and apostrophes, as well as a total disregard for things like the SHIFT key, and did not even demonstrate the cursory knowledge of your supposed condition (such as the proper spelling of the word "ulcer" which you claim to have) did not impress me in the slightest. It is my understanding that stress is a common cause and contributing factor to "olsurs"; this baffles me as you clearly lead your life with little concern for the world around you or the spelling and grammatical construction thereof.

Drop the class and quit whining,

The TA you share with 249 students that can figure this out.

Freaking moron. :roll:

Ayingel

To the man at the motorcycle shop near my apartment:

I get it. You have a motorcycle to compensate for something. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD QUIT REVVING YOUR ENGINE.

Jake Durron

Dear douchebags of the world,

You know there is this lovely little saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, its best to say nothing at all" heh. You think you might concede to actually following that rule? I get I'm supposed to ignore you, and let insults slide off my back, but I really can't take getting called names anymore. I just can't and don't want to do it. So from now on, if the only reason you're talking to me is to call me stupid, fat, ugly, lazy, or any synonyms of the above... just don't.

I don't understand how I'm supposed to NOT think I'm some hideous ewoking chud when all I hear from people is "Fat ugly cow" and "Stupid ugly bitch" and my brand new title. "A static ugly individual, just plain cuss ugly." I mean... I get it, not anything you find attractive. But does that mean you have to single me out to tell me so?

ewok all of you.

Bad furday

I've spent nearly 4 hours trying to fix these here innernets :p Something's gone wrong with either our ISP, or when I tried to fix it :( Now we've got internet on the main comp, but all wireless is down. :(

Ayingel

Nothing throws a kink in your plans quite like finding out someone else already booked your ceremony space for the same day at the same time....now to check out the other location (same owners, different feel) and hope that I like it better.

Radioactive Isotope

Scheduling.....*glares*

Ayingel

Luckily, I liked the new place better. More of an "old world" European feel. With a pretty fountain. And the Food and Bev minimum is lower.

Pandora

Yay for working out!

Ayingel

If you're going to break into my car, at least make it look like you didn't do it. Don't leave my doors ajar, trash all over the floor, and things like my insurance card where I OBVIOUSLY didn't leave them. If I find you, I WILL make you sorry for what you did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.