Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

TheUnknown

The first thing I said to my students yesterday:

"Grading your exams took longer than I thought. I ended up finishing this morning at six. So, I'm running on an hour of sleep. So, if I become incoherent, it's not because I'm on drugs or going insane."

Pandora

Yikes. What was the mean score?

TheUnknown

That is somewhat deflated by one student completely skipping the essay portion (30% of the exam grade), as well as at least two of my breakouts.

Pandora

Well could be worse.

Princess

My great luck in Bloodbank has followed me to another hospital

Ana

Bugger. Just realized I forgot to buy hamburger buns at the grocery store. And the construction in the back alley has now moved to completely block my car into the garage, so I can't drive. So I either have to walk to Safeway in this less-than-pleasant weather, or all I'm having for dinner tonight is hunk o'meat.

Bad furday

So I either have to walk to Safeway in this less-than-pleasant weather, or all I'm having for dinner tonight is hunk o'meat.

What if you hired some Chippendales to go to Safeway for you and get the meat, and then you cook them dinner? Or would that be a meat filled redundancy? :p

Ana

I really don't go for the Chippendale type, so that'd be a no. :p

There's nothing like walking back from the store and seeing a tree branch fall onto the power line. It really is quite a sight. Luckily my house still has power... though I'm not counting on it lasting. :(

Ayingel

I know how much that sucks. Just make sure you don't also have a transformer blow because of it.

Pandora

WHY would you spend so much money for a nap? Oh that's right, your 1.5 GPA-ass is on a friggin PELL GRANT. Wake the EFF up or get the EFF out of my class.

Ayingel

Can you perilously set a glass of water near his hands so he'll bump it and spill it as he wakes up?

Pandora

No. It's in an auditorium, so the desks are teeny tiny and besides, it would have spilled on the lap and laptop of the studious guy he was snoring all over.

Sin

Feeling blah...fighting a flair up but it's not in my chest yet...kinda scared that something I want to happen won't..feeling depressed...after the warring I got at work yesterday come in this am to work to find an email from boss reminding me about yesturdsy and the goal for today...worked my ass off and surpassed the goal but it was not my best work...talked to my lead about it and was told that was fine as long as what the big boss wanted then don't worry about the details...tomorrow we head down for my uncles sevice...reallly missing smeone and it was once again my fault we did not tLk that much this week..part of me wondering if this what he really wants...sigh really hate death it brings the worst out

Sin

so i really don't mean to make everything all about me, its not my intent, yes i know that i act like a whinny brat. yes, i know that i joke about being princess but that does not mean i really believe. some days my chest is so tight that its hard to breath, some days i have so many jumps in my legs that its hard to work...but don't complain i push though the work day with a smile on my face and a joke about bring a princess..but given what is going on my family right now...gives you know right to say that i played hookie from work so that i could spend the day at the beach...my uncle passed away and he lives at the beach, so the whole family has greathed at the beach to honor him. the above is too all my co-workers who are making assumptions

Princess

I was doing some maintenance on our chemistry machine that I shouldn't have to do, but apparently since the person that usually does it was off this week, everyone else decided that they didn't need to do it. So, while I was being nice, I made an oops and lost my grip on this screw that holds the cuvette wiper in place and it went flying somewhere into the depths of the machine and I can't find it. Luckily it seems to not be jammed into any moving parts and there were 2 of them

Sin

Oh that not good prin. But lucky that nothing got jammed

Princess

Yeah, my day shift coworker was trying to get it out, we think we know where it is, she just had to call a coworker to see how to get a part out

Ayingel

We have ten minutes to get you to work. "I'll be up in a bit." Should I mention that you are supposed to start work within that ten minutes? No because you'll get pissed off at me. It doesn't even seem to matter that you'll be late. Get. Your act. Together. I'm tired of being the one awake for your job. And no, sleeping til 5:30 is not an option and I'm being a bitch because someone has to be. Oh? I'm getting more upset with you than they will? That's because if you screw things up, it directly effects me. There are plenty of people who would love to have your job. Do you have that extra income to make up without going active? No? Then QUIT SCREWING IT UP. Grow the ewok up so I can relax a bit.

Edited by Ayingel

Pandora

GRR I hate double coding for consistency. Especially when I've made mistakes. And I'm hungry. And the freaking prof across the hall is screaming (shrieking) at someone and he sounds like Mickey Mouse, which is only kinda funny the first 6 months you have to listen to it, and since it's going on over 2 years, I'm getting a WEE bit fed up, not to mention it's HIS class assignment that I'm having to double code. *headdesk*

Side note... I forgot how to spell "Mickey"... good thing I remember the song....

Pandora

Alright, kiddos, I realize you have an exam on Thursday. I realize that you've procrastinated and put off studying and now you are in a blind effing panic. Guess what? I have an exam too. Guess what? I don't have the opportunity for TWENTY extra credit points, the luxury of a study guide, or even and inkling as to what will be on MY exam. I really don't want to hear your sob stories about having three chapters to read (since we lectured on them for HOURS in class!) when I'm staring down the barrell of THIRTEEN chapters that have NEVER been discussed in class. Yet, I am such a good TA that I am staying on campus until midnight or later, surviving on Taco Bell and wishful thinking so that I can get MY sith done around YOUR idiocy. I need a LITTLE more worship than I'm getting. Mmkay?

Princess

Put a sign on your door: must receive proper offering for help :p

TheUnknown

Okay, you made an 83 on the first test. That is not doing poorly, as you make it out to be. Calm the ewok down.

Pandora

Oh was that the "But I'm an A Student" argument? I LOVE that one. I always say, "well, here's epirical evidence that you aren't. Whatcha gonna do about it?"

TheUnknown

No, it's not arguing for a better grade. It's a lot of anxiety that, apparently, an 83 means that the world is going to collapse.

Drake

Are they Asian, Unknown? Anything less than 100% is an Asian F.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.