Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Lines and Quotes

Link

*cracks up* that was priceless!

Andy

Not sure if they have branches overseas or not, but Barclay's is one of the main UK banks, and this is what they say on their website:

Welcome to Britain's best Online Bank (as voted by ourselves)

:lol:

Edited by beeurd

TheUnknown

My friend Kellen (on the state of music):

What happened to the dirt poor kids writing song lyrics on their arms with a razor?

Mara

My Russian Lit. professor last week, while discussing single and double voiced discourse (passive and active)...

Your nerd potential is rising exponentially during this hour.

Radioactive Isotope
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables
Edited by Kisa Sohma

Drake

From V for Vendetta.

V: When all your bullets are gone, I better not be standing, because you'll all be dead before you reload.

Creedy: We've swept this place. All you've got are your knives and your karate gimmicks. We've got guns.

V: No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I am no longer standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

V: A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having.

Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: "Who?" "Who" is but the form following the function of "what", and *what* I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that!

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Evey Hammond: [short pause] Oh... right.

Strike

Vendetta had so many good quotes. I'll add to Drakes...

V: Remember, remember, the fifth of November, The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

Evey Hammond: Artists use lies to tell the truth. Politicians use them to cover it up.

V: This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-?-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?

V: There is no such thing as coincidence, just the illusion of coincidence.

V: Behind this mask is a man, and behind this man is an idea. And ideas are bulletproof.

TheUnknown

Mustn't...Read...(Possible)Spoilers

GI_Admiral

lol sorry unknown :p

Chickenman

Some Blues Brothers quotes:

[Jake and Elwood enter and sit at the counter.]

Aretha:Help you boys?

Elwood:You got any white bread?

Aretha:Yes.

Elwood: I'll have some toasted white bread please.

Aretha: You want butter or jam on that toast honey?

Elwood: No ma'am, dry.

Jake: You got any fried chicken?

Aretha: Best damn chicken in the state.

Jake: Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.

Aretha: You want chicken wings or chicken legs?

Jake: Four fried chickens and a Coke.

Elwood: And some dry white toast please.

Aretha: You all want anything to drink with that?

Elwood: No ma'am.

Jake: A Coke.

Aretha: Be up in a minute.

[she goes back to the kitchen]

Aretha: We got two honkies out there dressed like Hacedic Diamond merchants.

Matt: Say what?

Aretha: They look like they're from the CIA or something.

Matt: What they want to eat?

Aretha: The tall one wants white bread, toast, dry with nothing on it.

Matt: Elwood!

Aretha: And the other one wants four whole fried chickens and a Coke.

Matt: And Jake!

Elwood: Illinios Nazis!

Jake: I hate Illinios Nazis.

Elwood: It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it!

Jake: What are you doing Elwood?

Elwood: You said we were gonna make a call.

Jake: I said I was gonna make a call.

Elwood: Who you gonna call Jake?

Jake: Remember Maurie Sline?

Elwood: Sline? The booking agent? What about him?

Jake: Well, he got us some good showcases in the old days. He got us the Morgan Park, he got us the Tic Tock, I got him laid, he owes me.

Elwood: Give it a shot.

["Mystery Woman" drives up and attacks phone booth with flame thrower. There's a gas tank next to the booth labeled "No Smoking Propane". The explosion launches the phone booth into the air, with Jake and Elwood in it, and then smashes to the ground. Car drives off. Coins are scattered all over the ground from the phone]

Elwood: Hey Jake, there's gotta be at least seven dollars worth of change here.

[A boy attempts to steal a guitar in the background - Ray Charles pulls out a pistol and fires into the wall above the boys head]

Ray: Now go on! Git! It breaks my heart, a boy that young goin' bad.

Elwood: This is glue. Strong stuff.

[Elwood drives down an embankment, squad cars follow and all crash. Head Squad car recovers and steers out of control, goes flying up the embankment which acts as a ramp...the police car flies through the air and lands in the side of a truck.]

Mr Mercer: Hi. Wanna hand me the mike? Thanks a lot.

[into the mike]

Hi, this is car, ah...what number are we?

Officer Mount: Five, Five.

Mr Mercer:[into the mike]

Car fifty five. Ah, we're in a truck!

*Wipes a tear* Such a magical movie.

TheUnknown

Thought this one was funny:

bumpersticker.gif

GI_Admiral

I do. I mean, he isn't a crook for gods sake!

Ender

"Someone was playing a joke when they made me, you know, 'Let's make this guy a writer and a guitar player, but let's make him write with his left hand but play with his right, and let's have him born in the middle of May and give him a Christmas name like Noel, and let's make him a dodgy, schizophrenic, two-faced Gemini.' Cheers!"

~ Noel Gallagher

"My band doesn't need some corporate fat pig who wears a dicky bow and thinks Sting and Phil Collins are the cutting edge of music to tell me how good my ewoking group is."

~ Noel Gallagher

"We mean more to people than putting money in a church basket and saying ten hail marys on a Sunday. Has God played Knebworth recently?"

~ Noel Gallagher

Noel: "I will say that drugs do work."

Liam: "It's the truth. Either that or he's got a sith dealer. Drugs do bloody work, Richard."

~ Liam and Noel on 'The Drugs Don't Work', a song written by Richard Ashcroft.

"It's too complicated to talk about the big American cities in just a single sentence, because they're different every time I visit, But Middle America always looks like the 1970s, I think. Even when they build new buildings, they're kind of building the exact same ones that they made in the '70s. That's probably why there are so many murders in the Midwest - everyone gets bored looking at the same buildings."

~ Noel

"Allright this party's sith and we're here to liven things up a bit. You know you're not havin' a good time but you're all too scared to say it, ya know mate."

~ Liam at the 1996 MTV Awards

"Americans are crazy. They have this facination with throwing their shoes on stage. I've been to a lot shows in me life, some good and some bad. But I was never moved to take off me shoes and throw it at the lead singer."

~ Noel

"I don't really know what happened. I went home a couple of days after working with Idha to see if I'd had any calls, and my Mum said, 'Well, some bloke called Noel Gally...Gally-something...'. I said, 'What, Noel Gallagher?' 'Yeah, that's the bloke. He sounded Northern; he sounded like someone out of Coronation Street'. I said, 'You know who that is don't you, mum? Noel Gallagher from Oasis!' 'Who are they then?' 'Alright mum...' I thought somebody was winding me up, and I was literally waiting for Jeremy Beadle to walk in. I would have broken down in tears."

~ Andy Bell after joining Oasis

"Nothing bothers me more than when groups like Pearl Jam and Nirvana whine and moan and complain about life and being famous. Let me tell you, being famous is great! The feeling when someone asks you for an autograph, unbelieveable! I just think Americans are tired of people telling them how crap their lives are. I think when people listen to our music, we tell them how good their lives could be. I guess I just can't understand the thoughts of Eddie Vedder or that whole bit... I mean, lad, if you hate your job so much, why don't you ewokin' go work at a car wash or McDonald's or something?"

~ Noel

"Jarvis is a star! I mean, all he did was get up on stage and get his belly out, but in England people thought it was so shocking. It's not as if he cracked [Jackson] on the head with a baseball bat -- which is what I woulda ewokin' done if I'd gone up there."

~ Noel after Jarvis Cocker from Pulp disrupted Michael Jackson's performance at the Brit Awards

"It's just me and me brother having arguments in a band. If we weren't in a band, we'd be havin' it in the house. If we had a greengrocers, Gallagher's Greengrocers, we'd argue over which way we set the apples or the ewokin' pears."

Radioactive Isotope

some Fruit's Basket quotes:

Shigure S?ma: Good morning, everyone!

Yuki S?ma: Good evening is more like it. I think your sleep schedule is a bit off.

Shigure S?ma: Nope, such is the life of the creative mind.

[notices Kisa]

Shigure S?ma: Well, who is this pretty girl? Would you like Grandpa Shigure to give you a candy?

Yuki S?ma: [shouts] Stop that! The way you say it, it makes you sound like a dirty old man!

Shigure S?ma: I see Yuki is being cold as usual.

Yuki S?ma: And, as usual, you're being an idiot.

Shigure Sohma: So, anyway, I was wondering if you could stop by the house and take a look at Tohru's cut. That is, if it isn't a problem.

Hatori Sohma: No problem. I'll stop by the house this evening.

Shigure Sohma: Hmmm? What's this, Hatori? I don't think I ever heard you sound so eager to come over. Could it be you have a secret crush on Tohru?

[long silence from the other end of the phone]

Shigure Sohma: [shouts] I knew it! You naughty, naughty man, you!

Hatori Sohma: No, I was simply too amazed by your stupidity to say anything.

Kagura: You don't know what a woman feels like when she's in love!

Shigure Sohma: Oh, yes I do! Or at least I've felt enough women to venture a guess. [chuckles] Sorry. That's your cue to say "Shigure, you perv!" and slap me, whatever.

Kagura: [laughs and starts hitting Shigure really hard] Shigure, you perv!

[Kagura is doing laundry and tries to wring out Kyo's shirt, causing it to rip in two]

Kyo Sohma: Tell me you didn't just do what I think you did.

Kagura: My love!

Kyo Sohma: My shirt!

Hatsuharu Sohma: You stubborn idiot. What if it was Yuki wearing a girl's uniform?

[Mokoto imagines Yuki in a girl's uniform]

Yuki Sohma: Haru, cut it out or I will cut you off.

Hatsuharu Sohma: Aw, have my words made you angry?

Mokoto: [still imaging] It's beautiful!

Yuki Sohma: Stop imagining me!

Momiji Sohma: Are you sure? Shigure said it hurt really bad.

Hatori Sohma: Yes, well, I did that on purpose.

Shigure Sohma: Oh, Ha'ri, you're killing me! Why would you be so cruel?

Hatori Sohma: It seemed to be the only way to shut you up at the time.

Ayingel

^-^

I love hatsuharu

Radioactive Isotope

i love that whole spiel when he goes off on Mokoto Takei about Momiji wearing the girl's uniform. :D

but....my favorite is still Kyo. :love:

Here's some more:

Haru: Shut up! Stop acting like you're king of the friggin' world! You're making my ears bleed, you b******d!...If I wore a tie, it wouldn't change who I am. If I had no piercings, it wouldn't mean I'm nice. And if my hair was black it wouldn't stop me from kicking your a**!

Shigure: Despite what he(Akito) said, Tohru is very cute in a sweet way.

Hatori: For some reason, when you say that, it reeks of something illegal.

Shigure (after hanging a maid's outfit over the doorframe): Well, here it is; my White Day present for Tohru. Lovely, isn't it? The poor girl's gone far too long without suitable clothing to wear while cleaning the house.

Haru (deadpan): It's amazing no one's locked you up yet.

Kyo: Shut up! Who do you think you are?! This is between me and him! It's got nothing to do with you, you stupid little girl! From now on just stay the hell away from me!

Pause as Kyo sweats a teardrop

Tohru: (walking away mumbling)OK, that was maximum rage. He hates me. That's all there is to it. He really hates me.

Yuki (to Kyo): You are truly an idiot.

Kyo: So what? You gonna hit me now?

Yuki: And wouldn't it hurt more if I didn't?

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Brumak

Lee Samson: Twentieth century games are really nice. Games nowadays are getting boring. I'm more into old school games like this one. Back then, games like these were enough for everyone. It's the same with hackers. It was better when there were few. Then, even the smallest thing left you in the history books. Now, protection is tighter everywhere. Unless you do something really big, no one will know you. That's why I am grateful towards you, seriously. I always wanted to... try being a terrorist.

[a policeman stops the car. Lee loses the game]

Lee Samson: Aww... I died.

Officer: Let me see your license. Where are you heading? From here on there are only warehouses.

[officer is shot by Vincent]

Lee Samson: Aww... He died.

Radioactive Isotope

Quotes from Howl's Moving Castle:

[Howl comes running out of the bathroom, screaming. His hair is now orange]

Howl: Sophie! You, you sabotaged me! Look! Look at what you've done to my hair! Look!

Old Sophie: What a pretty color.

Howl: It's hideous! You completely ruined my magic potions in the bathroom!

Old Sophie: I just organized things, Howl. Nothing's ruined.

Howl: Wrong! Wrong! I specifically ordered you not to get carried away!

[tragically]

Howl: Now I'm repulsive.

[slumps into a chair]

Howl: I can't live like this.

[starts sobbing, head in hands]

Old Sophie: Come on, it's not that bad.

[Howl's hair changes color to purple, then black]

Old Sophie: You should look at it now, its shade is even better.

Howl: [inconsolable] I give up. I see not point in living if I can't be beautiful.

Old Sophie: I wonder what Howl disguised himself as? Surely not a crow. Can't be a pigeon, he's too flamboyant for that.

[a glider plane with a giggling young woman and her lover flies overhead]

Old Sophie: That could be him

Old Sophie: All right Calcifer, lets get cooking.

Calcifer: I don't cook! I'm a scary fire demon!

Old Sophie: How would you like a bucket of cold water in your face? Or perhaps I should tell Howl about our bargin?

Calcifer: Stupid me. I NEVER should have let her in here!

Old Sophie: [shoves pan on Calcifer] What's it gonna be?

[after Sofi puts a pan and bacon on Calcifer]

Calcifer: Here's another curse for you - may all your bacon burn.

Princess

Andy from VACO on the Live at the 9:30 club album

Ladies and gentleman, all the way from his parents basement, rercently rescued, for the price of 2 Ewoks, one Jawa, a sandperson, and Boba Fett (and a tauntaun)...

Mr Jarrett Nicolay on the casio keyboard [Jarrett starts some random classical song and changes it into barking dogs]

Ayingel

Quotes from Howl's Moving Castle:

[Howl comes running out of the bathroom, screaming. His hair is now orange]

Howl: Sophie! You, you sabotaged me! Look! Look at what you've done to my hair! Look!

Old Sophie: What a pretty color.

Howl: It's hideous! You completely ruined my magic potions in the bathroom!

Old Sophie: I just organized things, Howl. Nothing's ruined.

Howl: Wrong! Wrong! I specifically ordered you not to get carried away!

[tragically]

Howl: Now I'm repulsive.

[slumps into a chair]

Howl: I can't live like this.

[starts sobbing, head in hands]

Old Sophie: Come on, it's not that bad.

[Howl's hair changes color to purple, then black]

Old Sophie: You should look at it now, its shade is even better.

Howl: [inconsolable] I give up. I see not point in living if I can't be beautiful.

Old Sophie: I wonder what Howl disguised himself as? Surely not a crow. Can't be a pigeon, he's too flamboyant for that.

[a glider plane with a giggling young woman and her lover flies overhead]

Old Sophie: That could be him

Old Sophie: All right Calcifer, lets get cooking.

Calcifer: I don't cook! I'm a scary fire demon!

Old Sophie: How would you like a bucket of cold water in your face? Or perhaps I should tell Howl about our bargin?

Calcifer: Stupid me. I NEVER should have let her in here!

Old Sophie: [shoves pan on Calcifer] What's it gonna be?

[after Sofi puts a pan and bacon on Calcifer]

Calcifer: Here's another curse for you - may all your bacon burn.

i love that movie. and christain bale's voice...both for singing and voice acting.

Brumak

(I'm not exactly sure if I posted this in another thread...so yell at me if I did.

!)

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorrander: "Faith and feelings are the warm marrow of evil. Unlike reason, faith and feelings provide no boundary to limit any delusion, any whim. They are a virulent poison, giving the numbing illusion of moral sanction to every depravity ever hatched.

Faith and feelings are the darkness to reason's light. Reason is the very substance of truth itself. The glory that is life is wholly embraced through reason, through this rule. In rejecting it, in rejecting reason, one embraces death."

-From Terry Goodkind's the Sword of Truth series, Zedd explaining the Wizard's Sixth Rule - " The most important rule there is, the Wizard's Sixth Rule: the only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."

Ayingel

hey! i haven't read that one yet

Brumak

Tis my favorite of them all

Ayingel

:p i'm only on stone of tears...

Brumak

My second fav ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.