Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Lines and Quotes

Princess

I hate elections. It's like trying to decide which prostitute will give you the fewest number of diseases and whether or not they will be curable ones.

Drake

Who is that a quote from?

Princess

I don't know. Stole it from a friend's sig at another site

TheUnknown

I hate elections. It's like trying to decide which prostitute will give you the fewest number of diseases and whether or not they will be curable ones.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Radioactive Isotope

:rofl:

i wholeheartedly agree!

Andy

:lol: good one! lol

Princess

Sums it up so well...

TheUnknown

Saw, I saw most of 300 against last night at the hotel. I decided to look up related topics on Wikipedia. I came across this gem of an exchange:

Phillip II: "If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground."

Spartans "If."

:lol: That's awesome.

Radioactive Isotope

awesome!

Ender

I think B will appreciate this one (I don't know how you vote), but this is from Charlie Brooker's column in the Guardian:

You're a passenger in a car that someone else is driving, and your hands are tied, and up ahead is a container lorry full of hot liquid manure that you're definitely going to run into the back of, but your driver's deaf and blind and not slowing down, so there's nothing you can do except writhe in your seat and brace yourself for the impact.

That's roughly how I feel following the Crewe and Nantwich byelection. Thanks to a 900% swing to the right (or thereabouts), a Cameron-fronted Tory government now looks like not just an alarming possibility, but an awful, grinding, inescapable certainty - yet another preordained slice of doomsday, like climate change or the War Against the Machines.

Andy

Well, personally I think a Tory government is the lesser of two evils. :p

I'd sooner have the Tories in power than Labour again.

Ender

Maybe, but you can't seriously tell me that David Cameron would make a good PM. I just can't stand him.

Andy

Neither does Gordon Brown. :p

Ender

Very true. :p

TheUnknown

So, the Brits will have a Conservative government while the U.S. will be run by Democrats? Our countries just can't seem to get on the same page. :p

Mara

The world must be ending. :p

Drake

I'm watching the second season of Buffy, the first episode with Spike. I found this quote amusing for some reason.

Spike: Come up against this Slayer yet?

Angel: She's cute. Not too bright, though. Gave the puppydog "I'm all tortured" act. Keeps her off my back while I feed!

*they both laugh*

Spike: People still fall for that Anne Rice routine? What a world!

:lol:

Andy

Young man (after seeing Churchill leave the bathroom without washing his hands):

At Eton they taught us to wash our hands after using the toilet.

Churchill:

At Harrow they taught us not to piss on our hands.

Ender

"Hello, hurray! I'd prefer the plague to the Eton Rifles!"

~ Paul Weller

TheUnknown

Young man (after seeing Churchill leave the bathroom without washing his hands):

At Eton they taught us to wash our hands after using the toilet.

Churchill:

At Harrow they taught us not to piss on our hands.

Andy

Douglas Adams:

I love deadlines, i love the wooshing sound they make as they pass by.

TheUnknown

George Carlin died today. Here are some quotes:

When someone asks you, A penny for your thoughts, and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?

Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

Why is the man (or woman) who invests all your money called a broker?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!

Chickenman

You maybe just runined my day, Unknown. :p

First Bo Diddely and now this. Damn it!

Pandora

I'm watching the second season of Buffy, the first episode with Spike. I found this quote amusing for some reason.

Spike: Come up against this Slayer yet?

Angel: She's cute. Not too bright, though. Gave the puppydog "I'm all tortured" act. Keeps her off my back while I feed!

*they both laugh*

Spike: People still fall for that Anne Rice routine? What a world!

Can you tell I didn't really pay any attention to this thread? I find this funny because Anne Rice fans generally find Buffy to be more than difficult to watch.

Ender

You maybe just runined my day, Unknown. :p

First Bo Diddely and now this. Damn it!

I know. :( Two of my biggest heroes gone in two months.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.