Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Roethlisberger

Grade Anything

Princess

Black Swan: WTF?!

Great movie, but I was thinking that all the time

Jake Durron

Jackass 3D A

Ok yeah I saw it in the 1.50 theater by my house and god I'm glad it was in 2D! Best Jackass movie so far, super super gross and hilarious, I had to leave partway through it because I literally almost pissed myself laughing, I also had to be slapped awake by my dad for laughing so hard I blacked out...

It was gross, and vomit inducing and spectacular!

Don't see it if you have ANYTHING less than an iron stomach, cause Jackass 1 and 2 didn't even touch it!

Ayingel

Microcenters: B+

Very friendly people, very nice to have the work area that you can walk in to when you need to do something to your computer. Wish it was a little closer...

Jake Durron

Glad Forceflex Trashbags D-

SUCKS SUCKS SUCK!!!

The cinch handles stretch then break if you have any amount of weight *think a couple of 2 liter bottles*, the actual bags are super flimsy and the "Flexing" makes them rip faster! I'll never buy them again!

Radioactive Isotope

Red: A+

We got this last night from Netflix. It was absolutely as hilarious as it looked in the previews. Lots of action, too. Awesome sauce.

Drake

Bought that one the day it came out. One of my favourite movies ever.

Radioactive Isotope

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom: A

A young Japanese man accidentally witnesses an assasination while visiting Los Angeles. The assasin naturally tries to silence the only witness, but the man escapes and shows a remarkable survival instinct. The shadowy organization, Inferno, decides his talent is too good to waste, so they wipe his memory and train him to become an assasin himself--designation Zwei. His instructor is Ein, also known as Phantom. Zwei must learn to kill or be killed in the criminal underworld of Los Angeles. Review is a bit spoilerific. You have been warned.

I wasn't sure about this one initially. For one, it's very dark. I like dark, but good grief. At least Wolf's Rain (which up until now I considered the most depressing anime EVER) has a hopeful ending. But Li'l Bro thought I'd like it, so I gave it a try.

Poor, poor Zwei. It's heartbreaking to watch him go from goodnatured tourist to ruthless assasin. And even though he wants out, he knows deep down he can never go back to who he was before. Through the course of the series, he thinks he kills two women he loves (Ein jumps in front of a bullet to save her Master and then he meets a girl named Cal who he think was in an explosion at his apartment). Eventually he does have to kill Cal in one of the most heartwrenching scenes in anime. And then just when you think he and Ein can live happily ever after, they both die. In the last 30 seconds of the anime.

Like I said. Poor, poor Zwei. Ein's story isn't much happier. And her Master's a perv.

What I liked about the show was the deep characterizations. Blasted writers make you care. The story sucked me in and after about 4 episodes I couldn't stop. Those same blasted writers left hooks at the end of every episode. Not cliffhangers necessarily, but enough to make you watch the next episode to find out how it ends. One thing I always judge a good show/movie by is the music (cuz I am a music nerd). Phantom's music is excellent. At first I thought it was a Yoko Kano creation, it was that good. All in all an excellent anime, but be prepared for it to rip your heart out and stomp on it.

Bad furday

Sounds fascinating!

Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage on a stick commercial : F+

The commercial starts with a kid in chemistry class, and while everyone puts on goggles and does as the teacher says, he just sits there and says "I don't wannna!" to everything. A giant crab dances around behind the boy. The Jimmy Dean sun comes in and yells, "Don't be crabby!" and throws the boy a sausage on a stick thingy. Commercial ends with the boy holding a smoking beaker and saying, "I wanna be a scientist!".

The 'F' part: Proper lab apparel and procedures were not followed. While the boy did finally put on safety goggles, he held the smoking beaker full of liquid and probably dry ice with his bare hand, instead of tongs. Also, the beaker was nearly in his lap, and he was not wearing a lab apron to protect against spilled chemicals, incase the beaker broke, cracked, etc (another reason why he should not have been shown holding it in his hand).

The '+' part: We need more kids saying "I wanna be a scientist!"

Pandora

... You need a hobby. You took the time to go that in-depth over a commercial?

Not that I can throw stones... Daniel and I just wasted an hour of our lives watching that Super Bowl commercial show. It felt somehow... dirty... to take a commercial break from commercials.

Bad furday

What can I say...it made me angry...

*turns green* You wouldn't like me when I'm angry! :p

Pandora

Prin look! He's still radioactive! *pokes him with a stick to see if he changes colors again*

Princess

Sweet! Lasted longer than I thought that it would

Pandora

*poke poke*

Bad furday

*glows orange*

Radioactive Isotope

Dang, Prin. What did you use and what's the half-life?

*dons lead apron*

Princess

Uh, you had that container marked very dangerous in your office in the Island...

Radioactive Isotope

*eyes go wide* Oh crap.

Er, I mean, no problems here. Everything's fine.

*runs for the fallout shelter*

Princess

*cackles*

Bad furday

*glows brighter* :D

Radioactive Isotope

beeurd, that mushroom cloud over GB isn't my fault. :shifty:

Drake

Marshmallows, anyone? *passes the bag around*

Pandora

Oooh, yes please. *takes one and puts it on a stick. Looks at it a little closer* Are these supposed to look like they've been dipped in day-glo paint?

Ayingel

I wonder what happens if we turn off the lights and put them in our mouths! Will our teeth glow?

*eagerly grabs four*

Pandora

*shrugs, pops it into her mouth, chews it, swallows and shows her teeth* Anything?

Princess

Each tooth is a different color!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.