Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Roethlisberger

Grade Anything

Tsl

They ran out of coupons. Either the gov't can't count or people are cheating and getting more than the allotted two. Or I'm gonna go with a combination of the two :p

Bad furday

*finds a robot bookie and places 50 credits on "the basic human stupidity" for the reason* :p ;)

Radioactive Isotope

heck, i wouldn't be surprised if the deadline gets pushed back again. the stations are the ones really getting shafted since many of them (at least in my area) are running both analog and digital signals. that kind of thing costs money, yunno.

Andy

That reminds me, I need to buy a digital TV aerial... We have until 2011 in my region.

Tsl

Meh. When I got my converter boxes and hooked them up I actually got drastically fewer channels. I ended up "converting" to digital cable :p

Tsl

Angels and Demons get an A. It was really good. Not quite as good as The Davinci Code, but still really quite good. I really need to borrow the book from my grandma.

Bad furday

Green Mountain Gringo Roasted Garlic Salsa.

C

I thought that this would be really spicy, with a hint of roasted garlic. Instead, it's quite mild, with a hint of garlic. This doesn't ping the hotness meter at all for me. :(

It's not bad tasting, it's just simply not hot enough!

Uncle Du

Mmm, I love garlic.

Brumak

It's always a let down to hope for something to be really spicy and find out it's nothing more than a slight tingle...

In that case I grade the Angry Whopper at BK: D+ (with a smiley face for encouragement)

It failed all expectations of heat (not even a slight afterburn :( ) but the taste was good considering it was a whopper with jalapenos and whatever sauce they used.

Uncle Du

I never trust fast food advertising that says it's hot. Why? Because they make it too hot and some ewokin idiot will sue them.

Brumak

I think the sausage breakfast burrito from Nice 'N Easy is spicier than most of the crap I've had at fast food...and it's not even Italian sausage O_o

Andy

When we went to Florida in 2002, my dad complained at an Indian restaurant because the food wasn't hot enough. So they made it spicier and my dad still said it wasn't right. He was tempted to say 'if it's not spicy enough I'll sue you'.

Brumak

:rofl:

Mara

There's no way those places can satisfy everyone... People have different levels of tastebuds. :p

What I think is hot my dad thinks is barely scratching the surface. :p

Bad furday

And there's a difference, I think, between hot and spicy. For example, I don't want or care for chicken wings that will burn my lips, mouth, throat, and make my eyes water.

I do want wings that make my mouth tingle, and send....dopamine?...to whatever pleasure center for spicyness that is in my brain, that says,

"This isn't very hot, but it is quite spicy! More. Much more."

Which is why, I suppose, I like to eat the Japanese horseradish, dipped in a mixture of wasabi and soy sauce. You think you're going to sneeze, or your head will explode, but it doesn't! Great if you have a cold.

Mara

Very true.

Ana

Up (3-D): A+

The Hangover: A

I'm floating in a sort of movie heaven atm. Too happy to be coherent. *_*

EDIT: And The Hangover would have an A+, but the + was stolen by a fellow moviegoer immediately after the show, who looked and sounded EXACTLY like a younger version of Mr. Chow when he bid goodbye to his friends. I almost fell over laughing so hard.

Edited by Ana

Uncle Du

I too have to give the Hangover an A also. It has been SOOOOO long since I laughed like that at a new movie. And for me, that raunchy, dirty, sexually and alcoholicly based humor is where it's at. :D

James the Defender

Not for me, lol.

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

To each his own. ;)

Chickenman

I still need to see it but I know it's good just for the fact that it has Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms.

James the Defender

To each his own. ;)

Exactly. That's why there are so many flavors of ice cream.

Bad furday

I like French vanilla, because it's spicier than plain vanilla. :p

James the Defender

I like mint chocolate chip. I give Breyers an A :D

Uncle Du

I give Cold Stone Creamery an A+, especially with the butterscotch jello ice cream they have right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.