Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Roethlisberger

Grade Anything

Drake

But now they're falling out. Oh radiation...how devious.

James the Defender

New Holland Brewing Company's Dragon's Milk: B+

It's not as viscous as I thought it would be, but the taste was great. Many oaky flavors and roasted malty goodness! Also it is a good aphro (not afro, mind you) :p

Edited by James the Defender

Bad furday

Dead Girl

C-

Synopsis from Imdb: Two high school boys discover an imprisoned woman in an abandoned mental asylum who cannot die.

Yes, she's apparently some sort of zombie....which in retrospect was apparent from the way she was restrained when said boys found her.

Not so much a scary movie- more like a disturbing psychological thriller. And yes, it was disturbing...even for me! Of course, it was on Chiller, so we probably lost 15 minutes of the film, and instead of

dialogue when there was swear words, the audio was muted, so there were some stretches where character's mouths were moving, but no sounds were coming out. :p

While it was nice/humourous to see the future ivy league jock poncey type get his comeuppance ( especially in a lavatory scene reminiscent of Van Wilder), it was hard to sympathise with the main characters

mainly because I found them to be complete idiots. Dwyer, who wears a knit hat at all times (Like Sid on the UK Skins) is strangely very much like Sid- he's the odd one out, and doesn't fit in exactly with Rickie

and JT ( the two who find the body). At least Sid had more than half a brain to work with. JT is the angsty philosopher type...who realises that what they're doing to this dead girl is wrong, and spends his time

smashing things in angsty ways, and sighing, as he doesn't agree with what his best friend ( Rickie) is doing. Rickie would be right at home on the island in Lord of the Flies- infact, he reminds me an awful lot

like Roger. Rickie takes command, and feels emboldened and in control of this dead girl who (as long as she stays restrained) wont fight back. In a way, he also acts as the dead girl's pimp.

JT has the hotts for the jock's girlfriend, JoAnn....and let's say that the ending of the movie with JT and JoAnn was somewhat unexpected....and that the circle will continue. Though perhaps...a little bit differently.

Like I said before, this movie is highly disturbing-bordering on necrophilia with forced sexual scenes. It plays upon recessed fears -1. Wandering around in an abandoned mental hospital 2. Actually finding that you're not alone and that there's a dead body in the basement of said mental hospital 3. Touching and fooling around with the dead body.

I have no desire to watch the film again. :p

Pandora

Prentiss' finale on Criminal Minds... requires two grades.

First, it gets an F for the fact that Paget Brewster's character was written off.

However, A+ to Matthew Grey Gubler (who plays Spencer Reid) for directing a truly awesome episode. I suppose if the Prentiss character HAD to do, she had the best damn send-off we could have asked for.

Princess

Wolfgang Puck's Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee: A++

Not only smells amazing when brewing but tastes great too

Bad furday

Is it for Keurig or normal coffee machines?

Princess

Keurig

Bad furday

Yay! :D

Princess

It's at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Bad furday

Aha!

Ayingel

Friends With Benefits: B+

Full analysis will come when I'm not on my phone

TheUnknown

Smashing Pumpkins - "1979" EP: 4/5

Review

Edited by TheUnknown

Uncle Du

Just saw Harry Potter in IMAX, and man, was it awesome! First movie I've seen in IMAX. Someone needs to explain to me why all movies aren't done in IMAX format!

I give IMAX an A+ and the movie itself is a definite A all the way. I haven't read the book in a long time, but from what I can remember, it was damn near spot on. My gripe is that there's one major point that's pretty anti-climatic, but I won't say anything to spoil it. Definitely glad I didn't wait to see it when it comes out on DVD!

Drake

All movies aren't in IMAX because it's so expensive. The actual film frames are far larger and have higher resolution. The reels of film are incredibly long as well.

Uncle Du

Dude. I didn't need a reason. They just NEED to be that way. If they're all in the same format, it will get cheaper. Duh. ;) :p

Drake

Not to make. More like every ticket to see a movie will cost $15-20. :p

Pandora

Not that much more

TheUnknown

Stephen King - The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

Grade: 4/5

Review

Tsl

Just saw Harry Potter 7B. It was well done. 7 was my least favorite of the books anyways, but they did a good job of filling in some the emotion I felt the book lacked. (I'd explain better, but I'd be spoiling things and I'm far too lazy to figure out how to do the spoiler thing on here :p) Maybe it was easier for them, it being a visual medium, I dunno.

Alan Rickman should win something. He was really good and so very well cast.

Ayingel

Mai Tais from BLVD Bar and Grill

C+

When my favorite bartender makes them, I feel like I'm drinking paint thinner.

Princess

Gavin DeGraw, Train, and Maroon 5 live: A++++++

Luckily my ears stopped ringing

TheUnknown

Mass Effect 2 for XBox 360

Grade: 5/5

Review

Tsl

Cowboys and Aliens

C-

Not bad enough to be funny, but not good either. It was just a couple hours of my life and 10 bucks that I'll never see again.

Drake

On the contrary, I found it to be very entertaining. Cheesy western meets gritty sci-fi. Clever premise, great acting and plenty of action.

I'd give it an A.

Radioactive Isotope

I want to see it for Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. Doesn't really matter to me how good or bad the movie is. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.