Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Roethlisberger

Grade Anything

Drake

The special effects were all done by ILM so that could be part of the Star Warsyness.

Then again, so were the last few Trek films.

Uncle Du

My Mom loved it, and what was really cool was when she started explaining the difference between she and I, and how she is a Trekker (old school) and I am a Trekkie (new school), cause that's how she raised me. ;) My Mom is awesome.

Andy

See, I always thought Trekkies were the nerdy hardcore Trek fans, and Trekkers were your average non-obsessive geeky types.

Edited by Andy

Uncle Du

Well, my Mom is old school, so I'm gonna take her word on it. ;)

Drake

That debate has been going on forever. Everyone has a different definition of one or the other but both, when they come down to it, mean the same thing: Star Trek fan.

Chickenman

I thought it mean they liked Charmed. :???:

Drake

Kiss my ass. :p

Uncle Du

Charmed?! What the hell am I missing here?!

Drake

He was making fun of me pointing out the obvious in that Trekkies and Trekkers are both Trek fans. :p

Chickenman

I wouldn't say making fun. I just find it hilarious when someone gets something not only wrong, but not even in the same ballpark.

Also, I was making fun of you. :p

Drake

I thought it mean they liked Charmed. :???:

I could have made fun of your spelling but that's just below me. :p

Brumak

My Mom loved it, and what was really cool was when she started explaining the difference between she and I, and how she is a Trekker (old school) and I am a Trekkie (new school), cause that's how she raised me. ;) My Mom is awesome.

Yes she is...I can still remember nights of old having 'family' Star Trek Night :D

Uncle Du

On the big old wooden box of a TV. ;)

Bad furday

With the 8 inch screen...:p

Uncle Du

That thing was awesome. Wish I could get another just like it.

Mara

We had a TV like that.... but the screen was bigger than 8 inches. :p Probably more like 24".

But it was awesome, with a button for all the numbers. It died, though, quite a few years ago.

Uncle Du

Ours had actual dial on it, with all the channels numbered on it. Oh, and then a clear dial on top of that one with more numbers...you know, in case you had cable or satellite back then. ;)

Andy

I seen a really old one with a dial, a bit like an old radio lol, you were basically tuning the channel into the station every time lol

We had a big old telly with a button for each channel... all 8 of them. Even though we only had 4 channels.

Drake

They were planning for the future. :p

Bad furday

*nasally, turn of the century villian voice* The Future?! :p

We still have an old tv somewhere..with the buttons on the side, and the tuning and volume dials. :p

I realised that once we get rid of the tv downstairs, and the small one I took to college, and maybe that old one with the dials :p, there will be no CRT style tv's in this house anymore.

Uncle Du

Ahhh, nothing like the good ol cathode ray tube. Of which I am qualified to repair, because the Navy has a hard time keeping up with things. :p

Mara

Ours had actual dial on it, with all the channels numbered on it. Oh, and then a clear dial on top of that one with more numbers...you know, in case you had cable or satellite back then. ;)

We had a small TV with two dials. UHF and VHF.

Uncle Du

Crazy to think about the fact that there will be no more analog TV signal in the States pretty soon.

Mara

They SHOULD be already gone. :p

But apparently there are so many morons in this country, that even knowing about it over two years in advance, the president decided to add on a few months to the deadline.

:roll:

Uncle Du

I knew they wouldn't make by the original deadline. But to be fair, I'm sure there's actually a lot of small, way outta the way places that it may not be easy for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.