Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Medical Frigate

Bad furday

I expect Prin to post here when hopped up on medication :p

Ender

I'll make sure to get hammered at the same time, and it'll be a real party.

Ana

You should definitely get your antidepressant changed, Prin. That's one group of pills that effects everyone VERY differently. If anyone else in your family has ever taken anything, ask what they had - if they had good effects, you might as well. The first one I tried was a nightmare that gave me insomnia, but then I mentioned that my sister was on Lexapro, and that's worked well for me since.

James the Defender

It is strange that I find scrubs cute?

Ender

Everyone has fetishes, James.

James the Defender

Yeah, but it's not so much a fetish, as I just find them cute. Perhaps it is considered a fetish by some people, lol

Princess

Oh, I'm already on ativan too. I got put on that after I had a panic attack that sent me to the Er because I felt like there was a weight on my chest and I couldn't breathe.

Princess

Hooray! I just got my appointment with the surgeon moved up to next Monday!

Ayingel

so whats with the surgeon??>

Princess

Pain on the right side now too.

Ayingel

ooo geeze :(

have you been checked at all for cysts love?

Princess

Yup

Bardo

new_nervous.gif

Yup

New to this but having read your threads have just joined up. I am trying to contact andy as he has the same symptoms as me and I have been having similar test for the last 12 months and would like to discuss further with hime but not really sure how all this works ? do i post on here or email him?>?? confused forum virgin!!!shifty_suspect.gif

Andy

Oh sorry I have been absent for a while. I will PM you.

Ayingel

so :( i've been having pain in my kidney area again...but last time i had pain i had blood in a sterile sample but "nothing was wrong." i'm concerned going back to the doctor won't do anything for me

Princess

So, bright me went and got dehydrated Monday night/Tuesday and ended up spending 5 hours in the ER yesterday getting IV fluids since I couldn't keep any fluids or pain meds down.

Ayingel

i probably should have gone to the hospital for the same thing today...but i decided i needed to push through it and go to work :( keeping a good eye on my fluids now.

Ayingel

my kidney is attacking me with full force :(

Princess

Yuck. Attack it back

Radioactive Isotope

has there been any talk about removing the offending organ?

Ayingel

no. because every time i have pain, my normal kidney doctor has me do tests. even if i have a sterile sample with blood, mayo refuses to see me because "there is nothing they can do." which is why my doctor sends me to mayo because "there is nothing he can do." i've been having the pain on and off since last december when i had my last lithotripsy. :(

Ayingel

and what sort of reasons can you think of for someone going in for a post op check up (for ovarian cysts) to need to have a hysteroscopy?

James the Defender

Hi, all,

I'm posting from here in a hospital bed. Around 5 pm last evening I felt some abdominal discomfort. Around 10:30 it exploded into severe, severe pain in lower abdomen feeling like gas pains on both sides of my stoach and lower back traveling down to my scrotum. I was screaming for hours and I vomited about 9 or so times in three sessions in front of my toilet. I woke up Caity's gastrologist around 3:30 am and he told me to get to the emergency room immediately. Around 4:20 I arrived in the hospital and was seen right away. Everyone at first thought it was kidney stones; however C/T scan, bloodwork, urine sample said it was appendix! I was operated on about 7 am. I am recovering well and just had to take some pain meds just now b/c I was ambulatory. I should be dismissed tomorrow.

Princess

Wow. Hope you have a swift recovery.

James the Defender

Thank you! So far all is looking well. :)

Dilaudinum(?) feels like a buzz when I get it, lol. It's only my third dose since the surgery. I is proud of myself :)

Edited by James the Defender

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.