Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Medical Frigate

Drake

It's the antifreeze and mercury that look fun to me. Oh, the aborted human fetal cells too.

Princess

Something doesn't seem right about that list. I looked at the FDA's website and the package insert for one of the vaccines and it doesn't list half of what you listed there. Just out of curiosity was it a religious group or an anti-vaccine group that originated the email?

James the Defender

I don't wish to answer, no offense intended.

I just want to verify or dismiss what is in the vaccine so I can inform the person who sent it to me and so I myself know.

Bad furday

Smells like a chain letter with an agenda.

James the Defender

I don't know. I trust the person who sent it to me. But he got it from someone who got got the list from an RN.

Edited by James the Defender

Princess

Here's the link to the FDA's webpage about the H1N1 vaccine. The first three links there are the package insert that explain everything about the three different vaccines

Princess

Another doctor's appointment with no answers and another medication that my insurance won't cover. This is crap, what's the use of having insurance when your doctor prescribes something and someone who isn't an MD at an insurance company says "No, you can't have that unless it's written out that you've tried everything else and it hasn't worked." Why else would they be prescribing this medication?

Andy

Still not having fun then, Prin? :(

I'm going to be making another doctor's appointment in the morning... I'm still getting twitchy usually once a day in one place, which is pretty annoying, to be honest. I've tried the 'ignore it until it goes away' trick, and given up on that...

Today, I was about 2 minutes away from arriving at work, when I had a sudden throbbing headache on the left side of my head. It seemed to throb quickly for probably less than 10 seconds. At the same time, I noticed my left leg seemed shaky and weak as I pushed the clutch pedal in to change gear.

I was in traffic on the main ring road in Birmingham so couldn't really stop anywhere, and was just round the corner from work anyway, so I got to work and parked and just felt really odd and kinda flustered, and went into the office and got a glass of water and sat down. My hands were super shaky at this point, and I even showed one of my co-workers because I was like, wtf. After about half an hour of feeling odd it began to subside.

I had a normal headache for most of the rest of the day, and the twitching was back with a vengeance; I can pinpoint about 5 different muscles that were twitching on and off for the rest of the night.

So yeah, phoning the health centre in the morning. :roll:

Princess

*curls up in a ball*

The doctor at U of M wanted to wait a month to do the diagnostic block that I'm having on Monday because I'd gotten 3 or 4 steroid injections in a month. He wanted everything out of my system. Today I can totally tell that it's happening because I've had to get the vicodin ES back out and I'm just hurting a lot more than I have been the last week.

Mara

So my sister got the H1N1 shot on Monday. And now she's sick, haha. :p

Princess

So all I learned today is that I don't have the nerve entrapment that they thought that I had. I see my regular doctor tomorrow and I"m getting him to send me to Mayo Clinic.

Princess

Well, I got three shots today, H1N1 vaccine and 2 pain injections and I should know by the end of the week when I'm going to Mayo. I'm also getting a TENS unit this week to see if that helps as well

Andy

What is a Mayo Clinic? :p

Ayingel

a big building where they put all the old mayo you don't use into new bottles :p

Andy

That's what I thought. So I figured it must be wrong. ;)

Princess

One of the biggest and most prestigious hospitals and medical centers in the US

Radioactive Isotope

guess that's as close to Dr House as you're going to get. ;)

Ayingel

ya, they're pretty good there. its really easy to get lost in the "subway" system there tho =\. prin will need me just to get around hehe.

Princess

Great way for us to finally meet.

JM, Yodafn's husband is going to help me get my tickets and hotel at wholesale prices.

Radioactive Isotope

awww, that's sweet of him. :)

Princess

For those of you that have been treated for depression before, if I'm on an anti-depressent and I still feel like I'm going to cry all the time, do I need my meds adjusted?

Radioactive Isotope

probably. i've not been on antidepressants, but if a medication is not working for you, it should probably be adjusted or changed.

Tsl

You've got a lot on your plate. Maybe they need to add an anxiolytic?

Princess

A what?

Radioactive Isotope

Anxiolytic

Looks like heavy duty stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.