Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 2: Forges of Ithyari

Rogue

Layla nodded, shifting uncomfortably. "That's right..."

Chickenman

"I'm going to need you to explain this one."

Rogue

"Sena was Deign's little sister...she got dragged into helping Archaic." Layla frowned. "She never wanted that life Deign made for her, and I could never put blame on her for the things he did...she was just a victim in the end like me, and I couldn't leave her to the slaughter, Captain. I've been protecting her all this time because...I'm the only one she can trust, and the only one who can protect her."

Chickenman

Aeric considered this. "All right, that's all I needed to know. Thank you, Officer."

I'm going to have to keep an eye on Sena.

Rogue

Layla could sense his apprehension. She stood, saluting. "Captain...I understand what you must be thinking...but I'm sure in time you'll come to the same conclusions about her. She really is a great person, one you can place your trust in. Perhaps once she opens up more you'll see for yourself."

Chickenman

"I believe you, Officer, but in this business you can never be too careful. I'll see you later."

He returned to the pile of datapads, going over every single detail he possibly could. He briefly considered relaxing and heading to the pilot's lounge, but decided against it. He had to prepare everything for this mission. The last mission had taught him that anything could go wrong, even on a blue milk run. And this one was definitly not going to be a blue milk run. This was a live fire mission, which meant any mistake could be fatal. He worked silently into the night.

When he was finally done, well past lights out, he grabbed two datapads, each containing data for a sim mission, and made his way to the sim room.

Edited by Chickenman

Princess

Nima led Nat into the exam room and got out one of those oh so embarassing hospital type gowns out. "Ok Natri'amor change into this and I'll be back to work on that leg when you get changed."

Mara

"Blast, Artie. Can't you at least try to let me win?"

The little droid tootled a long response at Kaden. He chuckled.

"Fine, okay. But I don't think it's against your programming to cheat." He raised his eyebrow at Artie.

Artie whistled innocently.

"Well, I really do hope Layla beats you. Serves you right." He got an answering electronic raspberry.

"Watch your attitude." Kaden glanced at his chrono. Just after 1200. "Wow. Time flies when you're getting beat by a droid," he murmured.

"Come one, let's find you some juice so you're fresh for Layla. Then off to the cafeteria so I can eat."

Kaden picked up his pack, and the duo headed out of the lounge.

Ayingel

Szen found her way back up to the captain's office and was a little surprised to see Sena there sitting.

"What are you doing?"

Drake

Tak came up behind Szen and Sena, just as Layla was leaving Captain Tunon's office.

"Hey ladies. Having tonnes of fun? Oh Lay, I saw something in the hangar that you might like to know about."

Edited by Drake

Mara

After juicing Artie up to full power, the two of them headed back to the cafeteria. Kaden got in line for some food.

"You know, Artie," he said as he filled his tray. "It seems I spend half my day in here eating..."

The droid issued a few beeps the equivalent of a human rolling its eyes.

Kaden did roll his eyes. "I do not eat a lot."

Artie beeped something like 'yeah, right.'

"Well, maybe we'll get to go do something soon. I'm sure you'll sick of playing hologames," said Kaden as they headed for a table near the center. Just after 1200 hours, the cafeteria was still pretty empty and he had gotten the pick of the freshest and warmest food.

Artie tootled.

"Yeah. You probably like to play games all the time," he laughed. "But a mission is exciting too."

The droid agreed with a short beep. Kaden dug into his plate of food.

Ayingel

Szen laughed uncomfortably at the startling guest.

Drake

Tak smirked. "Sorry. Should I have snuck up and said 'boo'?"

Rogue

"You might as well have." The Zeltron grinned. " So you saw something in the hanger?" Layla asked Tak, head tilting to the side in curiosity.

Drake

He glanced over his shoulder, cautiously. In a lowered voice, he said, "I saw your buddy Lieutenant Rath from the Mynocks. He was poking around your X-Wing. When he left, I went to check it out but there wasn't any obvious signs of tampering. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to mess with a fighter when we could be called out at any time. My guess is that he saw me and wanted it to look like he was up to something. Even so, you should probably get Sexy to run a diagnostic as soon as possible."

Rogue

"I'll have him get on it right away." Layla was torn between amusement and a look of concern. "I almost feel bad for that guy. Weird though isn't it? Two weeks and none of the Mynocks have tried to get us back. I'd have dyed their laundry pink or tampered with their gym lockers by now."

Drake

Tak nodded, thinking it over. "Yeah. They're probably building up for something big. They want us to sweat it out first."

Rogue

"Yeah...which means we have three ways of approaching this. One: we wait, and get pranked. Two: we recon, Three: I go appologize to Lieutenant Rath."

Drake

Takeshi's eyes lit up and he grinned. "You apologize...that's genius!"

Rogue

Layla looked at him like he'd just announced a desire to be a hermit on Tatooine. "Wait...I'm missing something." She said standing. "How is that genius?"

Drake

"Just roll with me for a minute here and I'll explain," Tak said. "First, you go and apologize. Be sure to wear something...nice for him, if you know what I mean. Make sure he's alone when you do it and pump out those pheremones. Once you have him where you want him, slip this listening device," he held up a tiny chip, "onto his person. Then suggest that it would be in his best interest to stop whatever prank he and the Mynocks had been planning. Once you leave, we can track him wherever he goes. He'll tell the other Mynocks about it. They'll protest but relent. If we're lucky, we can learn what they were planning to do to us...and do it right back to them."

Rogue

Layla smirked, glee filling her pheromones. "And down goes the whole thing...leaving the only problem being getting the Lieutenant alone. I don't know about you but I don't know his personal schedule."

Drake

"No worries, babe," Tak said with a grin. "I've taken the liberty of tracking him over the past couple weeks...mostly out of boredom, really. Every day at 1330, he goes for a walk around the base alone. He never fails unless he's away on a mission, of course." He looked at his chrono. "That's about an hour from now."

Edited by Drake

Rogue

"I'd better go get ready then. Have to go find something nice to wear that won't get me in trouble if Riamor or Tunon catch me." Layla said, brushing past him. Grinning she added, "Care to help?" with a wink.

Drake

With a grin, he said, "My dear, nothing would make me happier!" He tossed a wink to Sena and Szen and followed Layla down the corridor.