Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 2: Forges of Ithyari

Rogue

"Hey," Nat told him with a shake of his head. "Easy."

"It's alright Lieutenant." Layla shifted her weight to one hip, grinning at Tak. "Sure you will...then you'll spend weeks regretting it when I start spending more time with Jaim here and less with you." She winked.

Drake

Tak nodded, looking as though deep in thought. "Yes, you got me there. I guess the real thing isn't so bad. Just need a good suit of armour to protect the soft parts."

Rogue

"Uh huh."

Nat sighed, "Well, I have some research to do...I trust you'll all stay out of trouble?"

Rubezsia

Sena started tearing. She shook her head. Come on Sena, Shake it off. Things aren't going to change if you cry all the time. She wiped her eyes and tried to hold back the tears. Sena put the weights down and walked out of the gym and down the hall. She tried to block out all memories that brought her pain but failed horribly. A single tear streamed down her cheek. She leaned against the wall and sank down slowly until she was sitting with her face in her knees. "Brother..." She whispered. "Why did this have to happen?" She started crying.

Drake

"Of course, sir!" said Takeshi, snapping a quick salute. "You know us. Sweet, innocent and boring as always. Take it easy, Lieutenant."

Rogue

Nat raised a skeptical brow. "You too. Get some rest...you all have a big day ahead of you tommorrow."

"Have a good night Lieutenant." Layla saluted briefly. She watched him turn down the hall and sighed. "He's definatly onto us."

Drake

Tak chuckled. "He's definately onto everybody about anything. He's far too suspicious for his own good. Now, let's go round up the others."

The group split up and spread throughout the base to find the others. It was an hour later when everyone else in the squadron had been informed of the plan. They would all go about their business as usual for the day until 2200 when they would meet outside of the hangar.

It was later when Tak found Layla once again. "Okay, so I think we've got everyone. I found Aston half-buried in a computer terminal. He seemed distracted but was on board with us. I also ran into Szen but she had already been informed by Atuarre. How about you?"

Rogue

"Well I found Arlan and Jya getting some practice in the simumlators, which is what took me so long. Jya was giving him some personal training." She winked. "They both seemed excited to find out if they had any artistic talent, and when I told Nima she just about let out an evil cackle."

Drake

"Yeah, that's Nima alright," he said with a laugh. "So what are your plans for this afternoon?"

Rogue

"I don't really have any...I wanted to check on Sena at some point. Her and I aren't as close as we used to be...mostly because I've been off fighting on and off for two years while she's been home, but still....other than that I'm free-up. What were you planning on spending the afternoon doing, babe?"

Drake

Tak shrugged, "I'm not sure really. It was a toss up between going for a ride through the jungle on a speeder bike or hitting the pool for a swim. You up for either?"

Rogue

"Sounds better than losing to Artie again in Dejarik. I'm starting to think Altagak base has two rules of gameplay: Don't play holoboard games with the droid, and don't gamble with Jaim Adarra."

Drake

"I would play them both but I wouldn't want to humiliate them too hard." They started walking down the corridor towards their rooms. "I've decided that we should go swimming. Got a sexy bathing suit to wear?" He winked at her.

Ayingel

Szen sighed as she got back into her room.

"I wonder if anything is ever going to happen around here," she wondered to herself. "Guess it's time I finish unpacking."

In stead of putting her things on the side of the room her bags were on, she started placing them on the opposite side, just to see if her new roommate would even really care, since her stuff wasn't even around yet.

Rubezsia

Sena got up from the floor and wiped off her eyes. She started down the hallway to the cafeteria. She picked up some food and walked to an empty table and sat down. As she passed the table with a few Mynocks, they glared at her. Dang that's weird... She sat down at an empty table nearby them and started to eat. "Isn't that the Revanents new fighter mechanic?" One said. Sena slouched in her seat. Why do I have to get so much attention? I'm the new fighter mechanic... Woo hoo... it's not like I'm Princess Leia or anything!

Edited by Rubezsia

Rogue

Layla smirked at him in amusement. "I'm sure you already know the answer, as somebody took the time to rummage through my dresser while I was talking to Lieutenant Rath."

Drake

Tak held up his hands in mock defense. "Please! I was nothing but professional." After a pause, he added. "I was searching for bugs."

Rogue

"Uh huh.... Because my underwear drawer is right where somebody would want to put a wire tap." She laughed.

Drake

Tak joined in her laughter. "It's certainly where I would start." He stopped in front of his room. "I'll meet you back out here."

He went into the room and got changed into swimming trunks and a sleeveless work-out shirt. Returning to the hall, Tak made his way further down the hall and buzzed Layla's door.

Rogue

Layla opened it after a moment, leaning in the doorway in her own workout clothes. At his inquisitive look she said, "The suit's under the clothes babe, wouldn't want to cause any accidents along the way. You know...I walk past and somebody drops something heavy or important on somebody's foot or something." She winked. "It's a safety concern."

Drake

His eyes wandered over her body from the legs up. When their eyes met, he grinned. "Of course, I understand completely, babe. We wouldn't want any unneccesary incidents on the way."

He offered her his arm. "Shall we?"

Mara

Kaden awoke from his nap fully refreshed and ready for the rest of his day. And night. And whatever else was in store. He stretched and glanced at his chrono. Not quite time for dinner yet. He could always go see what trouble Artie had gotten himself into, but instead he pulled a couple of holos out of his bag near the bed.

He sat back down on the cot, looking at them. First the family portrait, then the one of Tashi. They were both family to him, and they were both taken away from him too early. Kaden sighed. He wondered what his life would be like if everything had gone differently when he was a child. Would he have still ended up fighting with the rebels?

Glancing at the time again, he put the pictures away. He didn't care how early it was. All those memories coming up were making him extra hungry. He needed some food to help push them all away.

He smoothed off his clothes and headed off to the cafeteria for an early, and large, dinner.

Rogue

"Lets." The Zeltron smiled brightly, taking his arm. They began to walk down the hall towards the recreational pool. They had to walk through the Gym to get to it, and they passed a couple of the Mynock pilots on the way. Layla smirked at them, waving innocently,

Mara

Upon reaching the cafeteria, Kaden immediately got in line and started filling up his tray. He hadn't bothered going looking for Artie. He filled up a couple of glasses with some juice before moving towards a table. He saw Layla's sister sitting by herself and wondered if he should sit by here so she'd have a familiar face to talk to. Pausing in indecision, he glanced at other tables.

Well, it can't be too bad, can it?

Kaden took a deep breath and headed for the girl's table and sat down across from her. He kind of felt for her, being almost all alone in a new place. He knew what it was like.

"Uh, hello. You're Layla's sister, right?"

Rubezsia

Sena looked up. "Yeah, you're...Kaden right?" She took a bite of food. "The one with the droid who beat Layla?"