Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 2: Forges of Ithyari

Drake

He caught the shirt and tossed her a towel. After he had sufficiently dried himself, Tak put his shirt back on and wrapped the towel about his waist.

"Well that was all certainly refreshing." He looked at his chrono. "It's about dinner time. Change then eats?"

Ayingel

"You can't always think that," Szen said a little uncomfortably.

Can you?

Mara

"No, not now. But when I was younger..." He shrugged. "Like I said, old habit."

Kaden couldn't believe he was beginning to confide in this woman he hardly knew. It was almost liberating to finally have someone to talk to after so long. But he was still on his guard. He didn't want to reveal too much, not with the girl Sena around and whole host of other people in the cafeteria. It was beginning to fill up a lot more closer to the prime dinner hour.

Rogue

Refreshing is one way to describe it...

"Sure thing." Layla said, toweling herself as dry as possible before throwing her clothes over the swimsuit. "I'll meet you in the cafeteria babe."

Ayingel

"Does freight come to the hangar? My new droid is arriving tomorrow and I don't want it getting lost..."

Mara

"I would think so. Not sure where else it would go to. You can always check with the captain in the morning."

Andy

Aston took a seat next to them, "it depends what else is on board... They might bring it into the hangar, or if it's on a bulk freighter or similar it'll probably come through the supply depot to the rear of the base, in either case they'll usually give you a call when it's arrived."

Aston took a mouthful of food. "Oh, and hi everyone."

Ayingel

"Oh, hi. I suppose that makes sense. Don't really know why I was worrying about it." Szen got up to go get some more food, since what she had was beyond inedible. "I think I'd better get some more. You want anything?"

Edited by Ayingel

Mara

Kaden nodded to Aston. "Hello."

He glanced over at Szen, smilling. "No, thanks. I had a big helping."

Ayingel

"Suit yourself." She walked back up to the line and got another tray of food. Sitting back down, she started trying to eat again, passing a little to Sena, who looked complete gone.

"Are you okay over there?"

Mara

While Szen tried to get Sena's attention, Kaden turned to Aston, feeling rather confident now that he had been talking a bit more. He actually was feeling a little happy now, conversing with other people. It almost felt like he was starting his life over again. Kaden chuckled to himself at the thought of starting over again at the age of 26.

"What have you been up to?" he asked of Aston.

Ayingel

Shrugging, Szen went back to eating for a second time, and to her surprise, it was still warm.

Drake

Tak gave her another quick kiss. "Sure thing. I'll see you there."

After Tak had returned to his room, he got changed back into his regular base clothes and quickly brushed his hair. It only took a few minutes and he was heading out again towards the cafeteria.

When he got there, Tak grabbed himself a tray and loaded on the helpings of karkan ribenes with tomo-spice, nerfsteak, yot beans, Illidian hair pasta and some kind of stew with chili dumplings. After grabbing a cola to wash it all down, he looked around for a place to sit and found Kaden, Szen, Sena and Aston.

"Mind if I join you kids?" he asked, smiling.

Ayingel

"Not at all," Szen smiled, patting the spot next to her.

Mara

"No, go ahead." Kaden slid his tray over to make room. He quickly forgot that he had called them "kids," turning back to Aston.

Edited by Mara

Rubezsia

Sena finally snapped out of it. "Huh? Hey Aston... Takeshi. Sure thing take a seat." She said looking around. "Where's Layla? She was with you wasn't she?"

Ayingel

Thinking back on his greeting, Szen glared at Tak little.

I can't be much younger than him...

Drake

Tak took a seat next to Szen. "Yeah she was. We went to check out the pool facility. It's pretty nice, actually. As for Layla, she should be on her way." He looked at his food with undisguised hunger in his eyes. "Force, I'm starving!" He dug in.

After a moment, he noticed the way Szen was glaring at him. "What? Is there something on my face?"

Edited by Drake

Ayingel

"On your forehead, I just finally noticed the ego warning."

Mara

Kaden was glad he had finished his food. Otherwise it would have sprayed out everywhere. He quickly wiped the grin off his face.

Rogue

"And some sauce from the pasta," Layla laughed, taking a seat. "And Layla's on the way don't worry."

She smiled brightly as she sat down with her own tray of food, and looked around. "Whoa, would you look at that---leave the cafeteria for a few hours and Kaden learns to socialize." She sent a wink Kaden's way.

Edited by Rogue

Mara

He glanced Layla's way but said nothing, keeping his face neutral. He had forgotten all about the question he had asked Aston.

Edited by Mara

Rogue

"I'm kidding Kay, I just wish you'd talk to the rest of us more often, you know that." She threw him a grin.

Drake

Tak laughed and made a show of trying to wipe off his forehead. "Damn, the ego's not coming out!" He smirked and returned to his meal. "If it was about that 'kids' comment, it was just a joke."

Ayingel

"Yeah..." Szen went back to her food.