Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 2: Forges of Ithyari

Mara

He wanted to bite back some remark about it being hard to talk to the rest of them when they, especially her and Tak, were gallivanting around doing who knows what or the others were off pulling silly pranks when they should be trying to get ready for their mission. But he remained silent, not wishing to start anything and merely just smiled at her.

Edited by Mara

Rubezsia

"Hey Lay, what are you talking about? Kaden was the first one to sit by me." Sena pointed out. "How is that anti-social?"

Rogue

Layla thought that Kaden's smile may have been the most toxic one aimed at her in years. Last time anyone had smiled at her like that her father had been asking her who had run over the neighbor's garden with a speeder, which she had most certainly not driven underage...

Uh huh.

"Hey Sena-girl, how're you enjoying the base so far?" she asked, not really hearing her last statement.

Rubezsia

"It's okay..." Sena said.

Mara

He smiled over at Sena, as if to say 'don't worry about it.'

Kaden shifted in his seat. He was getting a little uncomfortable in his little cafeteria chair. But he knew leaving now would send the wrong message. He just tried to get as comfortable as possible with his large frame.

Ayingel

Szen sighed as she finished her food. She pushed aside the kids comment as she stretched again.

"So Takeshi, Layla, Kaden tells me that you two do hand-to-hand combat? I've been looking for someone to spar with to keep in shape and in practice. Are either of you up for it after eating?"

Rogue

"Don't worry girl, you'll learn to like it." Layla pat her on the arm, offering her a warm smile.

She didn't tell Sena about her conversation with Captain Tunon before. The girl had enough on her mind without adding to it.

She turned to Szen with a smile. "Tak's been giving me some help in that area, and I'd love to test it out, but the option of being lazy is just too alluring right now. "

Edited by Rogue

Drake

"I'd love to, Szen," he said. "I'm always up for some combat practice."

Tak put down his fork for a moment. "So, when Layla and I were talking to the Captain earlier, he mentioned that we were to have a meeting tomorrow morning. It's scheduled for 0400 and we're leaving on another mission at 0700. I also heard a rumour from one of the comm techs that a member from Intelligence is going to be arriving for the briefing."

Edited by Drake

Mara

Intel? This mission was going to be more important than Kaden had thought.

He turned to Szen. "I'm sure we can find you an extra astromech if yours doesn't arrive in time."

Ayingel

"I hope so. I'd hate to use a droid I haven't worked with..." Szen suddenly realized that this meant that even if she got her droid in time, she wouldn't have time to figure out its bugs. "With this early start tomorrow, I'd probably be better off using one from here."

Mara

"Artie's been around, playing with a lot of them. I can have him suggest a couple of the more reliable ones for you."

Ayingel

"...And Artie is...?"

Mara

"Oh, sorry. Artie is my droid. R3-D4."

Rogue

"Could you have him suggest a reliable one for me?" Layla asked, digging into her food. "Cause I gave Sexy a memory wipe and he came back just as snarky."

Ayingel

Great. Szen raised her eyebrows.

"Well, I guess a droid would know droids."

Bad furday

Arlan and Jya entered the rapidly filling cafeteria.

The group at the Revenants' table saw Jya ruffle Arlan's hair, then join the line for food.

Arlan came over and collapsed in a chair, looking exhausted.

"I am completely drained..."

Tak and Layla looked at each other slyly, then back at Arlan. The others stared at Arlan as well.

"I-err..I meant of energy, of course!" added Arlan, as the others snickered.

"What were you and Jya doing all day?" asked Layla.

"She uh...she said she needed some help cleaning in her room?" he replied feebly.

Everyone at the table snickered. All seated there knew, or had a very good guess what Arlan and Jya had been up to. Especially since Jya had a room all to herself.

Mara

He nodded at Szen before turning to Layla. "Sure." He smiled. "And one who is less skilled at dejarik?" he asked before greeting Arlan as the rest at the table did.

It was getting pretty crowded. Kaden was glad there were fairly large tables in the cafeteria, suitable to be used for holding meetings when necessary.

Edited by Mara

Rogue

Layla laughed, then turned to Kaden. "You read my mind. Oh, maybe I'll just have Arlan here take a look at him. Arlan, you wouldn't mind reprograming my droid would you? It has a personality disorder I swear."

Drake

When Tak had finished his meal, he pushed his plate forward and sat back, hands on his stomach with a look of satisfaction on his face. "Unfortunately, Szen, I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw my earlier offer for combat practice. In light of my full stomach and the need for a quick nap, I would recommend we all rest up for the upcoming mission."

Rogue

"Oooh a nap sounds like a good idea right now."

Ayingel

Szen raised an eyebrow. "Whatever happened to painting tonight?"

Mara

Kaden nodded in assent. He could use another nap as well before the painting and the early mission briefing.

"But, we can go find Artie and get you a droid first." He said, speaking to Szen.

He stood up, grabbing his tray. "If that's okay?"

Rogue

"We have a couple hours until then, and we have to be at the briefing at 0400 which means we'll need the sleep..."

Ayingel

Szen smiled. "That's fine." She stood up with both of her trays and followed Kaden.

Mara

"All right." He nodded and waved to everyone before walking out after putting his trays away.

"So, let's go find Artie. Hopefully he's not in too much trouble." He smiled wryly as they walked through the halls. Kaden headed first towards the pilots' lounge, as Artie sometimes found some unwitting droid or human in there to wipe the floors with in a holoboard game.