Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 2: Forges of Ithyari

Drake

Tak and Layla saluted. "Thank you, sir," Tak added.

Once out into the hall, he turned to Layla. "Well that was easy. Now we just have to round up the rest of the squad."

They made their way through the base, looking for their comrades. They found Jaim first, sitting at a work station.

"Hey Jaim," said Tak. "What are you up to?"

Ender

"I made some Mynocks angry. They were doing something to the security pathways from this station, I'm just trying to figure out what."

Drake

Tak nodded. "They've been up to a lot recently. It wouldn't surprise me if this had to do with their planned prank we just foiled."

Layla grinned and said, "We just got permission from the Captain to turn the tables on them and pull their own prank on them. It involves their X-Wings and lots of pink paint. Care to join us?"

Ender

Jaim grinned. "Gladly. Of course, my conscience couldn't take it if there was any trickery involved."

Rogue

"Well there's no trickery involved babe...unless you count phermonal flirtation, listening bugs, keeping details from the Captain and not breathing a word of it to Lieutenant Riamor..."

Edited by Rogue

Mara

Not finding anything interesting while wandering, Kaden decided to give the sims another try. He needed to get away from his thoughts for a while, plus Artie wanted to get some practice in as well. Kaden was glad to know that his droid didn't want to play silly games all the time.

So the two of them turned around, heading for the simulation room.

Drake

Tak spotted Kaden and Artie coming towards them from the other end of the hall.

"Is it just me, or did it get more boring in here?" said Tak with a grin and a lowered voice. When Kaden got within earshot he waved to him. "Kaden, my boy! It's a good thing you stopped by. We have a sort of mission for the squadron. Now, these are Captain Tunon's orders so none of that eye rolling or complaining you like to do so well."

He and Layla explained the situation once again for Kaden's sake, telling him about Sadro's appearance in the hangar, Layla's little spy mission, the Mynock's plan to prank them tonight, and how Aeric said that they needed the rest of the Revenants if they were going to paint a dozen X-Wings. "Oh, and we can't mention this at all to Lieutenant Riamor. Captain's orders."

Mara

Kaden listened quietly as Tak explained why they needed to paint all the Mynock's X-wings pink. And all before 0400.

"Okay..."

Artie whistled excitedly.

Rogue

"Yup! Oh, and if anyone asks Aeric has no idea we're doing this...also his orders." Layla winked. "Spread the word to the rest of the squadron."

Radioactive Isotope

"What's this that Aeric doesn't know?" Atuarre asked curiously coming from the sims.

Rogue

"Peeked your interest, did we roomie?" Layla smirked, then explained everything to her. "You in girlie?"

Mara

Artie twittered again. He was looking forward to some fun.

Kaden motioned to this droid. "Uh, he's really excited..." And against everything his mind was telling him, he asked, "So when we start?"

Rogue

"We're going to meet outside the hanger at 2200." Layla told him. She reached down, patting Artie on the dome. "And don't worry Artie, there's plenty of conspiracy for everybody."

Mara

"All right." 2200? Well, I guess I'd better readjust myself to getting little sleep again...

Artie tootled and whistled when Layla patted him.

Radioactive Isotope

"Of course I'm in. An opportunity to show those Mynoks who's boss around here is too good to pass up."

Ender

Jaim grinned. "Oh, in that case, it's fine with me. I think Hilts will be up for it, too..."

Rogue

Nat left the gym when Nima was finished with him, walking down the halls to warm down.

Nima, was quite an enigma to him, one he wasn't sure he could ever figure out. As he was walking back to his room he noticed a group of Revenants talking excitedly about something down the hall. He sighed. They're probably up to something...

Mara

"Well, I think I will grab a power nap before heading to dinner later." He prodded Artie into turning away from the group. "I'll see you all later." Kaden nodded at the group before retreating back towards his room.

Radioactive Isotope

Atuarre hissed a warning before snapping off a quick salute to Nat. "Hello, Lieutenant Riamor. How's your leg feeling today?"

Rogue

Nat stopped, returning the salute to the feline. "It's getting better, slowly but surely. I appreciate your concern, Atuarre."

Drake

Tak smirked. "How's your physiotherapy going with Nima? I bet she gives some rigourous rehab."

Rogue

Nat frowned, trying to keep the blush from his face. "It's fine...she knows what she's doing or I wouldn't be walking on this leg, would I?"

Drake

"I don't know," said Tak with a shrug. "I always thought that having a robot leg would be cool."

Rogue

Layla rolled her eyes. "Yeah, but usually boys grow out of that phase when they hit puberty."

Drake

"When I get a robot leg, I'm gonna kick your ass with it," Tak said, with a nod. "First on my list, baby." He grinned.