Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 2: Forges of Ithyari

Rubezsia

"Hey I'm Sena. I would love to get food! I'm starving!" She turned to Layla "Ya know, I like this guy."

Ender

"You'll get over it," Jaim said, keying the door into the rest of the base.

Drake

"Yep," agreed Tak with a smirk. "You'll hate me once you get to know me."

This one sure likes to speak her mind. He thought. She'll need to keep a lid on it.

"So you're our new fighter mechanic, eh?" he asked.

Rubezsia

"Yes, can we go eat?" Sena replied.

Edited by Rubezsia

Rogue

"Sena, mind your manners or you'll be eating flight rations." Layla scolded her. She sighed deeply. "Listen," she put a hand on Sena's shoulder, giving her a light push towards the door. "These are my friends, okay? Be nice...otherwise I give Jaim and Tak permission to retaliate. Blast, I'm already going to get an earful for how you treated Captain Turnon--Tunon," she amended bashfully.

Why do I keep kriffing doing that?! Is his name that difficult to get right?!

Rubezsia

"Captain Turnon huh?" Sena asked laughing. "Anyway, I'm sorry Lay. He didn't seem too agitated though."

Rogue

"I felt his agitation, sweetie. Pheromones, remember? He just hides it well."

Just like he tries to hide his guilt...

"And I better not ever hear you call him that again." She grinned. "Hey Jaim, I'm surprised your up so early, and you don't look half as bad as Tak does."

Rubezsia

"I guess he does then, I'm not a Zeltron so I wouldn't know." Sena said.

Edited by Rubezsia

Drake

"He got up before I did," said Tak. "Had time to put on his makeup and do his hair."

They made it into the cafeteria. It was a little after 0600 so half of the occupants of the hall were groggy-eyed night people while the other half were cheerful morning people. Tak glared daggers at all of those who were smiling.

He grabbed a tray and started piling it with as much food as he could fit on his plate.

"I'll show them 'All-You-Can-Eat!'"

Mara

Kaden rejoined Artie at his table after going up to get some more helpings of food. He sipped from his glass of juice before turning again to his food.

He couldn't help returning to his thoughts, sitting alone at the table; Artie was humming softly to himself, probably running checks or just admiring how shiny he was.

His thoughts turned unwillingly easy to the battle of a couple weeks ago, where they lost two Revenants. He didn't directly see their deaths, but it was still a hard hit.

Just like at Vadrov Prime... when Tashi....

Rogue

Layla laughed filling her tray up with food, before walking over and taking a seat beside Kaden Staal.

"Morning Kay, you're up bright and early." She said cheerfully, cutting at a fruit.

Rubezsia

Sena took a plate and piled on whatever looked good. She walked over by Kaden and Layla. She sat down by Layla.

Edited by Rubezsia

Mara

He looked up, seeing Layla.

Artie twittered a greeting at her, spinning his head around to look.

"Morning. I'm always up early." He smiled.

((Edit: Fixing things...))

Edited by Mara

Rogue

"I preffer to sleep in, but I think the base hours are starting to get to me." She smiled, eating the piece of fruit she'd cut. "Kaden, this is Sena. She's our new X-wing mechanic. She has a bit of an attitude problem today," She sent a pointed look at the girl. "But I'm sure in time she'll grow on everybody."

Ayingel

He grabbed a tray and started piling it with as much food as he could fit on his plate.

"I'll show them 'All-You-Can-Eat!'"

Szen chuckled at the thought.

Maybe we'll get along just fine

Szen started looking over the food.

"I'll take some of that," she said to the droid behind the counter, pointing at what looked good. Getting her food she proceeded to sit down near Takeshi.

"Sorry, I never got your names."

Edited by Ayingel

Mara

He nodded at the girl. "Hello."

Kaden also went back to his food, quickly cleaning up a good half of it in the next few moments.

Chickenman

Aeric nodded. "They're giving us a day to break in the newbie, and then tomorrow we depart." He rolled his eyes. "Plenty of time." Damn bureaucrats.

Rogue

"Sometimes I wonder why the politicians are calling all the shots." Nat sighed. "I'll start making preparations."

"Well Szen, I'm Layla Nasrin. This guy who eats like every meal is his last meal here is Kaden Staal." She stole a piece of nerf sausage from Tak's plate with a grin. "Mr All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet is Takeshi Beskar, and the scoundrel with all the blasters is the infamous Jaim Adarra. And my wingmate there is Atuarre."

Edited by Rogue

Ender

Jaim gave an exaggerated shrug. "It's true. Gotta make sure that cosmetic surgery doesn't break down." He gave Szen a dastardly smirk. "I'm really a Chiss, but I try not to spread it around."

He then raised his cup of caf. "Here's to, hopefully, a much more nutritional meal than our previous chef's."

Drake

Tak looked up past a fork-full of food. "Hey! That one's mine!" He proceeded to stuff the food he had into his mouth then began a fork battle with Layla for the sausage.

Ayingel

Szen smiled a little at Jaim.

"I'll be sure to keep it quiet until death. Well, it's nice to meet you all."

The smile Szen had at all dissipated when she thought about how the Captain had shrugged her off earlier. This really wasn't the treatment she was use to from commanding officers.

"I hate to ask, but why does Captain Tunon seem so distant?"

Edited by Ayingel

Mara

Kaden raised his hand briefed at the new woman joining them when he was introduced.

So if the girl is just a mechanic, this must be our new squad member...

He remained silent, eating, trying to see what the woman might reveal about herself and trying to see what she had to offer for them all. By now, Star Command should have had a chance to find pilots with more flying experience now that they were a bona fide active squadron.

As he took a sip from his juice, he sent a glance towards Artie, knowing that the little droid would be recording everything as well.

Rogue

"Well you took the last one!" Layla exclaimed, holding the fork behind her back. "Share the love, will ya Tak?"

Drake

Tak laughed as he stole back the sausage. "I'll give you some...but what will you give me in return?" He gave her a sly grin and took a bite out of the breakfast food. "Mmm...delicious!"

Rogue

Layla glared.