Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

2008 Races

Radioactive Isotope

lies! the instant you step into Canada there's supposed to be 6 feet of snow on the ground. [/blatant sterotype]

:p

Ayingel

so...did anyone else hear mccain's racist statement on the sc debates?

Mara

Are you kidding me? Do you know how close you and I live from one another? Not far in terms of weather. My summers are just as hot as yours.

Yes, I was joking. :roll::p

so...did anyone else hear mccain's racist statement on the sc debates?

No, I don't watch the debates.

Edited by Mara

TheUnknown

Ooo. Do tell.

TheUnknown

It's very interesting that both Iowa and New Hampshire had much higher turnouts on the Democratic side than on the Republican side. Both are swing states. It'll be interesting to see if similar things happen in other swing states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Minnesota, and New Mexico.

Mara

It's very interesting that both Iowa and New Hampshire had much higher turnouts on the Democratic side than on the Republican side. Both are swing states. It'll be interesting to see if similar things happen in other swing states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Minnesota, and New Mexico.

Michigan's a swing state too. :p Though, I prefer purple state, lol. :p

Anyway, last "poll" I saw, it looked like McCain was leading... but who knows what'll happen in a few days.

I'm not sure about the Democratic side... I imagine Hillary, since she's the biggest one on the ballot.

TheUnknown

The thing about Michigan (and Florida as well) is, because they violated the Democratic National Committee rules by moving up their primaries so early, there were stripped of their delegates to the Democratic Convention. So, the Michigan and Florida Democratic Primaries are mere beauty contests. They're meaningless. Because of this, Democratic turnout is effected by a variable Republican turnout isn't.

Mara

Well, if "uncommitted" get 15%, they'll still get to send delegates.

Mara

Well, I voted. :p

TheUnknown

Care to say who for?

Ayingel

you know, that wouldn't be a bad idea...telling us who you voted for...just in case there's a recount ;)

TheUnknown

Romney wins Michigan. Clinton, despite running against two nutjobs (Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel), a guy that had dropped out (Chris Dodd), and "uncommitted" only gets 55 percent. Not good for her.

Radioactive Isotope

but happy for those of us who don't want her to win. ;)

Mara

Care to say who for?

I rather think that's a private matter.

Romney wins Michigan. Clinton, despite running against two nutjobs (Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel), a guy that had dropped out (Chris Dodd), and "uncommitted" only gets 55 percent. Not good for her.

Well, they think some of the Dems crossed over to vote Republican.

Princess

I know that I did. Knowing that if I voted democratic that my vote wasn't going to count for sith, I crossed over to the dark side and voted for the republican that I liked the most, mainly cuz I don't want some nutjob like Ron Paul or Huckabee in office. Gotta make your voice count

Ayingel

well...apparently diebold (one of two companies who distribute electronic voting machines) is being sued because of NH and skewed votes

Ender

I know that I did. Knowing that if I voted democratic that my vote wasn't going to count for sith, I crossed over to the dark side and voted for the republican that I liked the most, mainly cuz I don't want some nutjob like Ron Paul or Huckabee in office. Gotta make your voice count

Is repealing the Patriot Act, getting us out of Iraq, cutting spending, and just plain getting the government out of our ewoking lives so crazy?

Edited by Ender

Radioactive Isotope

i hate dealing with the feds, so getting them more out of my life sounds pretty good to me.

*is really annoyed with all the legal paperwork for marriage*

TheUnknown

Romney and Hillary win Nevada. McCain wins South Carolina.

TheUnknown

Is repealing the Patriot Act, getting us out of Iraq, cutting spending, and just plain getting the government out of our ewoking lives so crazy?

That's what makes Ron Paul dangerous. He makes some sense (ie. America's foreign policy fuels anti-Americanism), but he's also crazy. I'm sorry, but the "government is evil, the market is wonderful" meme is bullsith. There are plenty of examples of inefficiency and unresponsiveness in the private sector. At least with government, I can vote against the people ewoking up or run against them. I can't vote against or run against the CEO of a multi-million dollar company.

TheUnknown

Alright, to close out this month there are the following races left:

REPUBLICANS

Hawaii (Jan. 25). I've seen no polls, but Hawaii strikes me as a state that would have a lot of retirees and veterans, so that would seem to favor McCain. There seems to also be a fair amount of business-centric Republicans as well; that would seem to favor Romney. Additionally, this is a closed caucus, so independents and Democrats, who are more likely to favor McCain, can't vote. Still, I'll say McCain comes in first, Romney second. Ron Paul might also do well. I don't think Huckabee will do that well; there doesn't seem to be that many evangelicals.

Florida (Jan. 29). Polls show a close race between McCain, Guiliani, and Romney with McCain ahead in most polls. Huckabee also can't be discounted now that Thompson is no longer splitting the evangelical vote. All four candidates have strengths and weaknesses. There are a lot of evangelicals (advantage: Huckabee). There are a lot of former New Yorkers (advantage: Guiliani) and Michiganders (advantage: Romney). There are a lot veterans (advantage: McCain). And there is a big business connection (advantage: Romney). This is a closed primary, which hurts everyone but Romney, so I'll give him the advantage, followed by Huckabee, McCain in third, Guiliani fourth.

DEMOCRATS

South Carolina (Jan. 26). Obama has led by double-digits over Clinton. The only poll I've seen post-Nevada shows that he's increased his lead. Edwards, a native South Carolinian, can't be discounted. Obama wins.

Florida (Jan. 29). This is a beauty contest. Hillary wins.

Radioactive Isotope

but she's not pretty. :p

TheUnknown

Prettier than Fred "Bitter Beer Face" Thompson or Dennis "Crazed Elf" Kucinich.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.