Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

2008 Races

Mara

But they're not running any more. :p

Radioactive Isotope

both of whom are out of the race. :p

Mara

Come on, JM, keep up. :p

Radioactive Isotope

meh. :p

Ender

I find it interesting that the only two Presidential candidates who were still working their day jobs were Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

Princess

I know that I did. Knowing that if I voted democratic that my vote wasn't going to count for sith, I crossed over to the dark side and voted for the republican that I liked the most, mainly cuz I don't want some nutjob like Ron Paul or Huckabee in office. Gotta make your voice count

Is repealing the Patriot Act, getting us out of Iraq, cutting spending, and just plain getting the government out of our ewoking lives so crazy?

I forget exactly why I said Ron Paul was a nutjob however I think that if we do pull out of Iraq, we've gotta do it the right way since we went in the wrong way

Ender

Oh, absolutely, I couldn't agree more.

Radioactive Isotope

and hope it doesn't implode and make a bigger mess.

TheUnknown

Wow. Obama crushed Hillary in South Carolina. That was impressive.

Radioactive Isotope

i know. yay Obama!

TheUnknown

CNN and Fox are projecting a McCain win in Florida. sith!

GI_Admiral

Poor Rudy. All his money on Florida and got burned...

Radioactive Isotope

and Hillary won too. but i really don't think that's fair since she was the only one running. i think there needs to be at least two candidates running, or no one gets the delegates.

TheUnknown

No one got delegates from Florida. And Edwards is dropping out. Dammit! I'm tired of the corporate media, Republican-lite Democratic insiders, and my fellow Democrats who choose their candidates for stupid reasons (in this case, it's the "I support Hillary because she's a woman" and the "I support Obama because he sings 'Kumbayah' well" people) ewoking up the Democratic primaries.

Radioactive Isotope

if they don't get the delegates, why run at all? unless you're Hillary and a psycho *insert nasty word of your choice here*

TheUnknown

So they can spin it by saying they won big in a swing state. Hillary got crushed in South Carolina and had her main rival gain several big-name endorsements (ie. Ted Kennedy, Caroline Kennedy, the governor of Kansas, etc.). She's looking for any win she can get.

Mara

Rudy's gonna drop out too, and support McCain, I heard.

So I guess it's the big two versus the big three.

Drake

She's looking for any win she can get.

Just as long as she doesn't take a page out of Monica's book. *shudder*

TheUnknown

Speaking of Hillary, I just came back from a speech by Bill Clinton on campus. That was the coolest thing. He did an awesome job. Not so much that he made me a Hillary voter, not even close, but a good job all the same.

Edited by TheUnknown

GI_Admiral

Yeah....Clinton is an amazing speaker. Saw him at MSU a while ago for a talk. Made economy sound fun :p

Ayingel

ron paul is coming to the u of m on monday night...i'm gonna go see him...maybe try to meet him...

Mara

So you can make sure you're even more sane? :p

Andy

You people have an odd political system. lol

TheUnknown

No sith.

I voted today here in Georgia. I've had to think long and hard about it. I had thought about sticking with Edwards, but now that he's dropped out, I think "What's the use." I've thought about Obama because I don't like Clinton, but Obama will win Georgia handily AND I'm not completely sold on him, either. I had thought about crossing over and voting in the Republican primary and voting for the weakest candidate, but it had looked like the Georgia Republican Primary was a wash as well.

I didn't really decide until I was on my way to the voting precinct. I voted for Edwards.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.