Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

2008 Races

Radioactive Isotope

Bill Frist is smart not to run. freaking idiot would lose horribly.

Chickenman

Bill Frist should have run.

Would make it easier for us. :p

Radioactive Isotope

meh :p

TheUnknown

Vilsack: He will drop out after coming in no higher than third in Iowa. He's running for Vice President.

Frist: I've heard the guy did experiments on cats while in medical school.

McCain: He's pandering the base. Either that or his "moderate" image was pandering to the general electorate. Sooner or later, someone while call him on it.

Also, Former Senator Tom Daschle (D-South Dakota) is not running. Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kansas) is running.

Edited by TheUnknown

Chickenman

Frist: I've heard the guy did experiments on cats while in medical school.

Don't all doctors?

Or in Frist's case:

Don't all "doctors?"

Neil1

Don't all doctors?

Or in Frist's case:

Only those who pass on to become Doctors. Those that don't become vets.

:|

I swear that was funny. A sign to go to bed!

Ayingel

i really want someone to nominate Obama...he'd be great

TheUnknown

Okay, I've heard Bayh is dropping out. Tommy Thompson (former Republican governor of Wisconsin) and John Edwards are in. Also, I've heard rumors that former Republican Congressman Bob Barr may run as a Libertarian.

Sentrosi

ok heres two for ya, however much i may not agree with everything the first one has to say thus far he is making headlines... well slowly...

Senator Joe Bidden Delaware (d)

Rep, Ron Paul Texas (Libertarian Republican) i could wish

Drake

So...is it just me or are black people kinda dumb?

No, I'm not trying to be racist.

The majority of "black" Americans aren't supporting Obama because his father was from Kenya? And he isn't "African-American" because he iasn't a descendent of slaves? How stupid it that!

He's African!

He's American!

He's African-American!

He has dark skin......he's black! Or at least milato.

They put it perfectly on The Daily Show. Black people love Africa. They love African art, African clothes, African music. They just don't love Africans.

Lame.

Radioactive Isotope

yeah, i saw that. and it really is stupid. so what if his father is from Kenya. as long as Obama was born on US soil, it doesn't matter. i don't know much about him or his policies, but he seems like a likeable enough guy. the Dems need a strong candidate to lead them, and he seems like he would be a good pick. it's a shame his own people are not supporting him and it has nothing to do with what he stands for.

Neil1

His "own" people? :p Seems a tiny winy bit stereotypical. Certainly isn't politically correct.

Radioactive Isotope

meh. you know what i mean. he's black, the other black people hate him....yadda yadda yadda. :p

GI_Admiral

lol

He's American and African, not African American. Just cause they're "black" doesn't mean that they have to vote for a black candidate...Doesn't mean they hate him, just means he might not be what they're looking for.

Radioactive Isotope

that's different. they don't like him because his father is African. it has absolutely nothing to do with what he stands for/advocates/wants to accomplish if he is elected President.

TheUnknown

Okay, who is "they"? I think you all are stereotyping here by insinuating that all blacks feel that way. And secondly, so what if a significant portion of black people don't support Obama? I'm a white male who voted for a black female a few years ago in a Senate primary over another white male. I'm from the South but voted for a Northeasterner over a Southerner in 2004. Does that make me stupid, according to Drake's standard?

It's insulting to expect everyone to vote for someone because they have the same regional dialect, the same reproductive organs, the same level of melonin in their skin, worship on the same day, come from the same area, and so on.

EDIT: Not to mention, this is the wrong topic.

Edited by TheUnknown

Radioactive Isotope

i mean no disrespect and don't mean to stereotype. i'm a white Southerner, but i would have no problem voting for a black candidate (or Asian, or Northeastern, or whatever) if i agreed with his policies. i just think it's silly to not support someone because their family is from a particular place and not look at what they stand for.

Edited by Sassy Fairy
can't speel

Mara

Hah.. When I saw "his own people" I first though you were talking about Democrats, not African Americans, lol.

Ana

:rofl: @ Mara.

GI_Admiral

lol that would be a bit more of a problem.

America is still racist, sexist, etc etc. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone anymore...

Radioactive Isotope

not surprising. just disappointing.

Drake

Does that make me stupid, according to Drake's standard?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. :roll:

No it's not. My point was exactly what JM was trying to prove. Maybe I did stereotype a little but, come on, it's me. My point was that these African-American people who are going on TV with this, and those who agree with them, shouldn't judge Obama based on his race. That is, in fact, a form of racism. The vocal members of the black community shouldn't stereotype themselves by saying "Black people don't support..." when they should be saying "I don't support..."

GI_Admiral

lol who would care if they said "I dont support" when someone says "We" or "Black people" it implies the group, giving his words a lot more weight and meaning.

Edited by GI_Admiral

Mara

I should go around dissing all the Dutch-Americans. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.