Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

2008 Races

TheUnknown

I am more likely to vote Green or write-in Howard Dean (please run!!) than vote for McCain though. It's easier to pick out angry liberals from the ranks of the Greens than it is from the Republicans. I should my fellow Democrats endorse the likes of those spineless, heartless, mindless, gutless, ballness panderers like Lieberman or Bayh, that may very well happened.

GI_Admiral

lol we'll have to see platforms though before we really decide

Radioactive Isotope

which won't be for a couple years yet. :p

Ender

Howard Dean is SUCH a scumbag. He's SUCH a coward. And what the hell's with that yell?

Oh well, we've already had ONE draft-dodger as President...

GI_Admiral

We've had more than one Ender....

Tsl

Bush *nods*

TheUnknown

Howard Dean is SUCH a scumbag. He's SUCH a coward. And what the hell's with that yell?

Oh well, we've already had ONE draft-dodger as President...

Howard Dean would have/would make a great President. Much better than Bush, who was a real draft dodger. Dean had a medical condition and Clinton had a college exemption. Bush got family influence to get him into the National Guard so he could defend the skies of Texas and Alabama from the Viet Cong. But quite frankly, I would be less likely to support someone who DIDN'T try anything and everything to get out of the collosal mistake that was the Vietnam War.

And I watched the so-called scream LIVE. It was nothing, but something overblown by a media (CNN admitted to playing it like hundreds of times. And those actually at the rally said that could hardly hear Dean over the roar of the crowd.) that at best did not get Howard Dean and at worst was out to get him. I'm leaning toward the former for now.

Mirax

Bill RIchardson won't make it. He'd be a good Vice-President to help get the Latin vote. But he can't overcome the colour of his skin with the white name. Besides he's not as great as the spin would have you believe.

Dean.... I can't put my finger on it, but something's always struck me as wrong with that guy. But hell, we have Bush for another 4 years and he grated on me from the beginning.

Oh and don't puke Unknown... thanks to our majority ruled fuer... err President, we have such global events as the Fallujah incursion happening. Did Kerry really have the something to fall back on to try to reunite the nation? America has always been a place for fanatic religious types. He can at least reunite us all under the flag of Christianity and Democracy for all no matter what the rest of the citizens of Earth want. *tries hard not to choke*

GI_Admiral

Unite us under Christianity?... America isn't made up of only one religion. Bush isn't a good christian that he claims to be, and he claims that he was chosen by God and that God supports America and only America due to himself being president. We might as well have the pope in charge.

Mirax

I am well aware that America doesn't consist of only one religion. That was tongue in cheek and what I was referring to. However the vast majority are Christian of one form or another. We have been on a road of Pax Americana for quite a some time, he is just another in a long line. It's the movtivating factor of a large section of the populace. It's ingrained and taught. I don't know if it'll ever be unlearned.

Ender

Yeah yeah, I've heard the Dean medical dodge before. He showed up at the draft board, faked X-rays and doctor's note in hand, got out, then went to Aspen for a month of skiing. Medical excuse my ass.

And President Bush didnt dodge the draft. At least he served. Flying an F-102 fighter-bomber in the Air National Guard is much harder than skiing.

Hey, Unknown, I want you to do something. Go to your local National Guard base and call them all draft dodgers. I'm sure they'll warm up to you quick, which will get you off to a GREAT political career, I'm sure.

Roethlisberger

Yeah yeah, I've heard the Dean medical dodge before. He showed up at the draft board, faked X-rays and doctor's note in hand, got out, then went to Aspen for a month of skiing. Medical excuse my ass.

I have no idea if that's true or not, but that sounds like pure Republican proaganda. Why the hell do the Republicans try to undermine their opponents by digging up dirt (which may or may not be true) on them as opposed to showing the merits of their candidate?

GI_Admiral

Just cause he learned how to fly compared to skiing doesnt make him a war hero, facts are facts, he still dodged that draft with his family influence and money. Theres no way to argue out of it. You just start to confirm peoples sterotypes of republicans.

Ender

He didnt dodge the goddamn draft! He served in the military, thus going to do what he would have done, if he was drafted. That's a lot better than what Dean or Clinton or Kucinich did! I never said that he was a war hero, either. There is definitely a war to argue out of it. I just did.

Roethlisberger

So maybe Clinton dodged the draft. But so did Millions of other young Americans at the time. You might've too if you've lived in the time. Clinton had little idea that he was going into politics during Vietnam, and it's possible that many other prominent Republicans dodged the draft.

Drake

The warmth from all the love in America is giving Canada a warm winter. :roll: :p

GI_Admiral

Its more than just possible...

Janson, He bought his way into a at home position to avoid being drafted and going overseas....

Tsl

It wasn't just Bush though. Lot's of young guys with friends and family in high places did the same. Hell, I wouldn't done it too, so I can't blame him. I can't say he's any better for having done that then Clinton and others are for doing what they did though.

Roethlisberger

The warmth from all the love in America is giving Canada a warm winter. :roll::p

A nice change. :p

Radioactive Isotope

couldja give Kentucky a warm winter?

Roethlisberger

Sure. Bush's policies will give us global warming...never mind, that'll eventually make the world cooler.

America (The Book), The Writers of the Daily Show's reasons for global temperature going up 1.2 degrees every ten years:

59.0-60.2:  El Nino

60.3-61.4:  La Nina

61.5-62.6:  Angry Sun

62.7-63.8:  It's just you

63.9-65.0:  Cold Shortage

65.1-66.2:  Great Barbeque Craze of 2065

66.3-67.4:  Cow flatulence/equine irritable bowel syndrome

67.5-68.6:  Dude, you're wearing a sweater!

68.7-69.8:  Hmm... this is odd.  Let us study this for 30 years and get back to you.

Ender

Heheheh... that book is so hilarious.

1492: America Discovers White People :p

Edited by Ender

Roethlisberger

Germany: Some countries look at third world countries and say "I've never seen a country in such bad shape." ... This doesn't happen in Germany.

TheUnknown

HERE'S AN UPDATE:

Running/Forming an Exploratory Committee

Senator John McCain (Arizona)

Former Mayor Rudolph Guiliani (New York City)

Outgoing Governor Tom Vilsack (Iowa)

Senator Evan Bayh (Indiana)

Not Running

Senator Russ Feingold (Wisconsin)

Former Senator Bill Frist (Tennessee)

Former Governor Mark Warner (Virginia)

Chickenman

John McCain is a hero, but he's swung much to far to the right lately. A pity. :(

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.