Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Pandora

On 2002-04-26 16:59, Haladar wrote:

Hmmm... actually america could kick us in a straight war, as we have quite a small army. However, our army is the best trained in the world, and according to this thing is was reading, skilled mercenary groups think that the US marines are the worst army group in the world. America would beat any country in the world in a straight war i think, merely because of economic power. China may be able to produce faster, but their communist economy would die in a total war situation. America would be able to hold out. Also, America is always very ready for a war. Did you know that the US have an exact replica of their government, hiding under some mountian somewhere, so that if washington was to be bombed/nuked, they'd still have a fully functional government. Seems almost paranoid to me.

NO, not paranoid, just safe. The American people don't even know where that replica you mentioned is! But, the White House is pretty secure as it is...

And, actually, while Clinton was in office, we were NOT that prepared! He virtually destroyed of military. Thank the Force Bush is the president now! (Hope this doesn't offend any Democrats out there!), I think that if Gore had won the election, Saddam Heusain (sp?????) would have nuked us, we'd be in the middle of WWIII (not just a war on terror), and we'd be losing pathetically. We probably would've lost England and the UK as our allies ( :nerves: ), and I'd be in a bunker some where instead of at my computer desk!

^Hal^

You think it's good Bush is president?. read my above post...

Master MJade

i agree i might not know politics but could you imagine what would of happened if gore had one.... .:shudders:.

^Hal^

On 2002-04-26 21:29, podracer838 wrote:

NO, not paranoid, just safe. The American people don't even know where that replica you mentioned is! But, the White House is pretty secure as it is...

And, actually, while Clinton was in office, we were NOT that prepared! He virtually destroyed of military. Thank the Force Bush is the president now! (Hope this doesn't offend any Democrats out there!), I think that if Gore had won the election, Saddam Heusain (sp?????) would have nuked us, we'd be in the middle of WWIII (not just a war on terror), and we'd be losing pathetically. We probably would've lost England and the UK as our allies ( :nerves: ), and I'd be in a bunker some where instead of at my computer desk!

Saddam Hussein wouldn't have the nerve to nuke america, regardless of military power. It just wouldn't happen. If he had the nerve, he'd have done it long ago..

Andy

On 2002-04-26 02:15, mjade2005 wrote:

hey beeurd my school has been voted one of the best in the country 3 out of the 4 years

Really? My high school is always near the top, I think it's in the top 3 out of all comprehensive schools in the country this year.

of course... i've left now though :smile:

Andy

I just looked at my ols schools website - and they have a logo that I designed on it!

They didn't ask ME if they could use it :angry:

banner.GIF

Ah, well their websites a load of crap anyway...

Master MJade

ouch some one is very ummm i'll shut up now as i can't finish the phrase

Starstripe

I don't know, I found it pretty safe to ignore the president recently. For many reasons, but I agree about nerve. Also, what do you consider well defended about the white house or the pentagon? Look what one plane did. Look for pictures. If that was one plane, loaded with fuel as it was, think what something designed to blow things up could do. And how would you stop it if this bomb comes falling out of thesky at 2:00 AM some day?

I scare myself some times. Need :beer:

Ana

New Rant Cause: Excessive Babysitting

Babysitting right now. Little kids reading over shoulder but I dont' care because they can't read yet. I think. I hope. Sitting tomorrow at 0800, (yuk) which means waking the kids up, getting them dressed, feeding them, and taking them out for a walk to get rid of overnight energy. Thank the powers that be that Saturday only comes once a week.

Starstripe

Thank goodness? You're sounding like some sane adult or something. Here :beer: . Should help. Do you have to babysit every Sat, or something?

Master Yoda

Sypmpthy, Yoda feels. Have had to babysit two girls for a week and a half straight while their parents went away together he has. And they were hyper 6th graders, yes. And they live across the street from Yoda (their were two houses on Degobah)

Pandora

On 2002-04-26 21:29, Haladar wrote:

Oh my god. You want an example of American stupidity, read this.

I was just watching Have I got news for you (English thing) and on it, one of the players said that when they met George Bush he asked her what state was Wales in. Wales, is in Britain Mr. Bush, not america..

You'd have thought he'd have known...

I think he may have meant what state (not like United States of America) like "State of the Union." Well, no, that's a speech.... I'm really having a difficult time finding the right wording for it...

In defense of my president, I have to say that he probably meant what is the situation in Wales... how is everything going there... what KIND of state is it in... if that makes any sense at all.... :beer:

Pandora

Starstripe wrote:

Also, what do you consider well defended about the white house or the pentagon? Look what one plane did. Look for pictures. If that was one plane, loaded with fuel as it was, think what something designed to blow things up could do. And how would you stop it if this bomb comes falling out of thesky at 2:00 AM some day?

perhaps you haven't heard of the "Situation Room." It's the place the President, Vice President, the President's Cabinet, the top military leaders, the President's top advisors, and anyone else called in for an emergency are (surronded by radar, phones, computers, and everything else that could POSSIBLY be needed for an emergency) during a national crisis (if there is enough alert). The situation room is an underground BOMB shelter. That is one of the safest places in the country (unless it's penatrated by some miracle). And that's just the public side of it! Our government has things that WE don't even know about! Why do you think we supply those other countries with war machines we built? They're old, out of date, and we know what they can and canNOT do. And nuke/bomb threat won't be a problem for too much longer: have you heard of the misslie-defense system we've been building? I will feel perfectly safe once we get those things in the air.

Ana

I write from Insanity House, three houses away from mine. I took my laptop with me babysitting. BTW, Starstripe, I'm 14, hardly a sane adult. I just know a lot of words.

Haven't I watched this episode of Little Bear before? Oh well, redundancy of air broadcasting is nothing new. Besides, the kids love it, and it keeps them from getting in trouble. TV is a babysitters best friend.

Starstripe

True, I meant now. actually, I'm not worried about it, and yes I have seen things like Independence Day (good film), which was not entirely true to fact, but close enough. Oh, I agree about TV. I never watch it, mind you, but it has it's uses

^Hal^

On 2002-04-27 00:01, Starstripe wrote:

I don't know, I found it pretty safe to ignore the president recently. For many reasons, but I agree about nerve. Also, what do you consider well defended about the white house or the pentagon? Look what one plane did. Look for pictures. If that was one plane, loaded with fuel as it was, think what something designed to blow things up could do. And how would you stop it if this bomb comes falling out of thesky at 2:00 AM some day?

I scare myself some times. Need :beer:

2:00 AM or 6:00 PM, it wouldn't make any difference. Unless the american gov't are a bunch of retards, they'd have the wite house and pentagon fully staffed 24-7

MsSolo

I would be very suprised if they didn't have the white house etc staffed 24/7 since sep11. As Terry Pratchett points out in the Fifth Elephant, people are always more alert after crisis or catastrophe. America had never been attcked (on the main land) prior to sep11 and felt pretty secure in itself. It's only borders where friendly or at least too poor and weak to worry about. Wars have always been fought over borders before, invading and retreating over imaginary lines in hte ground that get reset and redrawn so often no map can be accurate for more than a decade. Revenge is rarely a motive for war, though religion has been used for millenia, more's the pity.

^Hal^

It would have been before as well. They aren't that stupid. However, in a situation like sept 11th, there was very little they could do. They couldn't have predicted what was going to happen, and they wouldn't just shoot down three packed passenger planes for no reason. Politics you know. If they'd shot them down and been wrong, there would have been huge uproar, band like what happened, they didn't shoot them down and lost, there are bigger provblems. A very difficult situation it was...

Ana

I think a girl at my school is out to get me. First she drops me, and I hurt my tailbone and lose most feeling in my left arm. Then she kicks me in the face by accident. :cry: I feel so alone.

^Hal^

She just sounds clumsy. Maybe you're being paranoid...

Ana

Maybe.... :-? ..... Maybe not.

MsSolo

Argh: weather

had to walk down to bus 2day, as usual. raining (understatement of the year, methinks). Within 10 mins my jeans were wet all the way up, and wet denim has about the same texture as sandpaper. I had an unbrella, and had it up, for what good it did me. Why, after all the sun, why?

Pandora

I'm :angry: because the power went out today and I couldn't get on the computer till now! I love the rain and all (cause it reminds me of Florida :love: ), but I like being able to get on the computer! :angry: But, I did have fun sitting in the pitch black classroom till we got to go home today. That was kinda cool. ... But then, try coloring a hand-drawn map of Africa (when you can't draw worth a hill of beans!) in the dark! :angry: I swear, my World Geography teacher is :evil: ! And he wasn't even there today! The world just makes me so :angry: sometimes!!!

:beer:ahh. That's better!

Ana

Power outtage today. Forgot my cell phone at home, so I couldn't get a ride home, which means I had to walk all 2 1/2 miles home from school in the rain. I'm probably going to have a cold, but I have to do test makeup tomorrow, so I go to school no matter what. :x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.