Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

^Hal^

Hmm. I gotta argue with that. Coming from Britain, I never get to see the sun. It's always rainy or cloudy, and even when it does get sunny in mid-summer, it never goes above about 86 degrees (30 celsius)

Andy

ARRGH! PHPBB2.0 won't install!!!! :angry:

Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill...

Erm.. yes.

sarah

sarah asks podracer: 25 days?! 25 Days?!!

sarah screams: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I don't get out of school until June 25th!!! :evil:

Arrrrrrrghhh!!!! :mad:

Screams again: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :evil:

Oh and I have a dentist appointment tomarrow. Would anyone like to go in my place?...... No?..... didn't think so.

[ This Message was edited by: sarah_bg on 2002-04-23 00:48 ]

Ana

We get off on June 14. All that I have to look forward to until then is midterms, finals, and testing. No decrease in homework load.

BTW, if anyone has any hints on how to pull off a decent Geometry presentation on how to shingle a roof, PLEASE contact me.

sarah

What specifically(sp) is the geometry presentation on. Or rather what aspect of geomerty do you need to focus on during the presentation?

Ana

If a roof is 2000 square feet, and 8 feet tall at the midpoint, and you are using shingles that are 12 by 8 inches, with one-inch overlap on two sides, 1) how many shingles do you need, 2) how many perimeter shingles do you need, and 3) how much would this project cost if each shingle is $6.00.

Rogue

I graduate on June 16th....It's all formal...and there's a ball...and I can't get a date...and I have to wear a gown....and...Darn, what was I gonna say next?...oh, yeah, and my brother keeps looking over my shoulder, reading what I'm typing...making stupid comments about how "Stupid" I am....

Oh, and I need a drink! :beer: Ah! Much better!

Ana

I fell out of my chair in Lit. and hit headfirst because I was lying down. I have a headache the size of the Death Star, I am failing Drama, and why the heck do we need to present to Geometry class how to shingle a roof?!?!?!?!

Rogue

A headache the size of a small moon? Whoa! Take some tylenol or something...

Does Bacta work on headaches? because I have loads at the cantina...just in case...never know when that rodian will return...

Ana

I have already taken so many drugs, if I take any more I will pass out right here, right now.

Starstripe

That's not so fun, is it? I had a migraine headache that lasted for nine days, where I was swallowing a fistfull of pills... every four hours. Also, 'no visual stimulation' means you can't read, play video games, computer, nething interesting at all!!

Oh, Hal, the sun is nice and all, but when you play football (real football, not american) all lunch and have PE for the next 50 minutes, and it's 90 F outside, you start complaining.

OK, got to go play FFX now

^Hal^

I can see where you are coming from about the heat... still, i like hot weather., especially if there is a pool or something available :cool:

MsSolo

We have just been allowed to wear home clothes to school every day. We are happy about this. We were warned that we could not have bare shoulders or midriffs, and we were not so happy. We were cautioned that jewellery rules still apply and are only allowed a single gold stud in each ear and no necklaces bracelets, rigns etc, we were a little unhappy. We have just been told that we are not allowed to wear strappy or sleevless tops, even if they do cover both shoulders and midriff, and is we choose to do so in lesson time we will have the home clothes priviledge taken away. We are distinctly unhappy, and following up with a chorus of 'It's not fair's, as 6th form can wear whatever they like with any jewellery they like, and it's blody hot at the moment! They're scared that we'll tempt the male teachers. Mr Sheard is getting married, Mr Thorp is married, and both Mr Jewitt and Mr Suranyi both have long term girlfriends! They wouldn't dare be tempted.

^Hal^

They do that at tormead (tempting the male teacers)... it's well funny.

MsSolo

At RGS, don't u have to wear uni even in the lower 6th, and a suit for upper6th? If so, I think I like it better our way, even with the weird rules.

Ana

We have a really loose dress code-- no gang symbols or outfits that are unnesseccarily revealing. However, if they don't find a tube top over a sports bra and showing off your b u t t-crack offensive, they will find nothing offensive at all. It's so hot, some of girls are bikini tops and short shorts, and some of them do NOT have the bodies for it. I think I'm going to go blind soon.

Andy

Your schools' sound nearly as strict as my school was with uniform...

Master MJade

lets see 6-7 i had to wear a red polo argh!!! and black pants or skirt. then the next year i transfered schools and can wear what ever i want within respectable standards

Master MJade

i mean red shirt :oops:

MsSolo

Orals are over! Orals are over! Tra la la la laaa!

Oh, wait, I have like another 14 exams to do :sad: Ah well

My school is weird about Uniform. We have to wear huge name labels on our sports kit, so the teachers know who they're yelling at (:)) so we're not allowed to wear them outside of school. HOwever, the games field is way outside school, and we have to walk down the road to get there. Oh, and sometimes we have to walk to the Spectrum (Haladar will know what I'm on about). My bus stop's closer than the spectrum! Oh and the games skirts are tiny, yet if we wore our normal skirts that short they'd kill us. Insane teacher logic involving cycling shorts applied there, yet it's not as if we're allowed to wear cycling shorts for mufti.

^Hal^

Teachers in Guildford are strange arent they?

anyway, how'd the orals go. people have them at our school at the mo as well. (I do 'em next year :sad: )

MsSolo

It went ok. every1 else seemed to have Mrs Salisbury telling them they were A/A* grade for sure, but I just got a 'well done, bye!'. I don't expect to do well in oral though, or in Spanish in general. it was either that or french which I've been studying for, um, about 12 years, on and off... I'll just have to work hard on hte listening and reading. And latin. A good latin grade oughta make it look like I'm at least vaguely good at languages. (Why am I worrying? They're GCSEs, for heavens sake! I know I'm getting into Godalming, and am only taking subjects i'm good at, and it's the Alevles that are important, at least until I get into Uni...)

^Hal^

lol... I'm doing my maths this year. We're doing loads of past papers. It's so dull.

MsSolo

past papers? dull...

We're taking them in all sciences, despite the fact that we haven't finished the biology course yet and the exams start soon

JainaSolo;)*

in Michigan it's either too cold or too hot...or both. I got three lunch detentions for pajama pants. PJs aren't against the dress code!!! But the frickin' vice principal hats me and tried to give me two more detentions for wearing short sleeves during winter!! she's a racist and against all Christians, too! And I'm Lutheran!AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!! I'm glad the bell rang when it did so she missed some of the things I was calling her...

then I had to skip lunch anyway to finish a math test. next day, no lunch because I had detention for being late to Social Studies. Some of my friends and I have began to count the days I've skipped lunch...somewhere around half the shool year, I think.

isn't there a law against giving out detentions for no reason?! there HAS TO BE ONE!!!! I'll write a petition and get her fired!! I HATE the vice principal!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.