Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Princess

I'm sorry Sin *hug*s

Pandora

Ugh. Bitches. I'm sorry Sin. :(

You have no idea how often I've heard that same complaint from Pod

Stole my thunder. :p

Princess

Sin, if I was you, I'd start looking for a new job. Sounds like you've got a target on your back. Some HR people are more INhuman resources than human resources

Sin

Oh believe me, when I got called down to HR I thought that I was getting a pinkslip...I have started tthe process of looking for a new job

Princess

Good. Don't get screwed like I did

Pandora

Ugh. This house is full of miserable, spiteful, hateful people that are constantly looking for someone else to blame. Gee wiz people. Look at me! I'm clinically depressed and can get through life without blaming others for my misery! Can I tell y'all how much I LOVE being the freaking devil in the god forsaken church?

End bitch-mission.

Princess

Keel them all.

Pandora

There are days ...

Bad furday

......I keel you! :p

Princess

Pandora

TOTALLY needed to use this on one of my "students" today. I say it with quotes because he is one of those irritating "people" that goes to college to live off of the government for four years. He's going to flunk this class ANY-freaking-way. Sauntered in to class over 30 minutes late, thought he could turn in the extra credit assignment (it's a reward for the students that actually come in and listen to us drone for hours). Now how should I respond? I could stop class, interrupt everyone else's learning environment and ream him. Or I could do what he -apparently- thought I should do which is be all nice about it and say, "Hmm, sweetie, do you think maybe you could be a big boy and take some responsibility? I mean it's totally cool if you don't want to! No? Okay." I picked a happy medium. I was firm: "Give me your extra credit. You were nearly 45 minutes late, I'm not giving you credit for that." Most students that I catch are just like, "okay, you caught me! Whoops!" And we move on. I ended up having to bring the prof into it and the end result was a shouting match ensued that Diana and I won (duh, we have campus police on speeddial) and Mr. Man got ejected from the classroom.

And he STILL doesn't get the damn point. Not that it'll help. He's hopelessly lost any chance of anything but a D.

Still. I didn't sleep well last night, I'm cranky, haven't had coffee, extremely sensitive and if that asshat had been anyone other than a student I would have knocked the snot out of him.

Freaking kids and their lack of freaking respect.

Radioactive Isotope

This always makes me feel better:

Princess

An episode of mythbusters where nothing blows up bores me. Makes me glad that I record it on my DVR :p

Ana

So, getting a lumbar puncture was pretty damn unpleasant. But getting an epidural blood patch to close up an LP that won't heal itself is a thousand times worse.

1) you have to sit up for it, which is agonizing when you've got an LP headache from hell.

2) to heal the hole in your back, they're going to fill a MASSIVE syringe with blood from your arm. And if your veins are low from the multiple IVs you've had over the past five days, they may even stick your arm in two separate places to get enough blood.

Forget epidurals ever again for ANYTHING. I'll adopt.

Princess

Ouch. Never let a resident near your back with a needle.

Pandora

:nerves: AHHH!!!! *hides* That is TERRIBLE! Ana, you are my hero for taking that like a woman. WOW!

Pandora

Update on Mr. Man from yesterday... He emailed Diana (the prof and my supervisor) an "apology" that stipulated that he'd be more respectful if "your TA" was. That'd be me. She ripped him a new one. It was epic. I am saving that email FOREVER. :D I have the best assistantship EVER and I told her so.

Ahh. God I feel better.

• Upvote 1

Radioactive Isotope

You should remove all identifying info (or not if you're feeling particularly vindictive) and post it so we can see. :D

• Upvote 1

TheUnknown

I agree with JM.

Bad furday

You can replace their names with names we'll find amusing :D

Princess

I read it. I think that the teacher should have turned the little ass into the student ethics committee

Pandora

If he acts up again or even so much as brings up the topic again, we will.

Princess

Grrr, nothing to do when I got here then I sit down to eat and the ER pager goes off

Pandora

Tis the way of the world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.