Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

The Clone Wars (movie)

Mara

watchmovies.net is even better

TV screen is bigger. :p

Andy

IMAX is biggest. :p

Mara

IMAX is biggest. :p

But not free. ;)

Andy

Yeah well... TV isn't free here. :p

Mara

I'm not the one paying the cable bill. :D

Andy

Typical. :p

Mara

Yes, I'm a freeloader and proud of it. :p

Now... back to discussing the silly movie/TV show.

Andy

There was something about this on the news last night while i was in the pub. They had the subtitles turned off so I didn't know what they were saying.

I was just like, "oh look, it's that Clone Wars animation where they made Yoda looked like an artistically sculptured gherkin."

Then proceeded to have an argument of the canon levels of the old CW cartoons and how the stuff that happens in the novels is regarded as a higher canon level than them. He thought the cartoons were the ACTUAL canon events in the lead up to RotS. Loser. :p

Drake

Really, the only major thing that was different, I think, was Grievous' capture of Palpatine during the Battle of Coruscant.

Personally, I liked the cartoon depiction of it better. It was hardcore when Mace Windu crushed Grievous' chest. It also explains the hacking cough in RotS.

Just looking at the Wookieepedia entry for the Battle of Coruscant (Clone Wars), the entire description for the capture of Palpatine is taken from the cartoon.

Andy

Anything that doesn't contradict the novel is included as canon. ;)

Drake

Then why would Wookieepedia have the entry for the cartoon version instead of the novel version? Sure, they have a thing about it in the last paragraph but that seems more like it was just tacked on.

Andy

There were similarities between the two portrayals, remember.

Plus there is the fact that the CW cartoon actually contradicts the start of the film, lol.

Mara

There was something about this on the news last night while i was in the pub. They had the subtitles turned off so I didn't know what they were saying.

I was just like, "oh look, it's that Clone Wars animation where they made Yoda looked like an artistically sculptured gherkin."

Then proceeded to have an argument of the canon levels of the old CW cartoons and how the stuff that happens in the novels is regarded as a higher canon level than them. He thought the cartoons were the ACTUAL canon events in the lead up to RotS. Loser. :p

The surprising part is that there was someone else there who actually cared to argue with you. :p

Andy

The surprising part is that there was someone else there who actually cared to argue with you. :p

They don't read. But they do watch cartoons. So they'd never heard of any other version of events. :p

Mara

Blasphemous.

Radioactive Isotope

i hope they don't consider themselves a hardcore fan.

Andy

No... and I thought I already said that. :p

Drake

Merged the two threads for this.

At the Disney Star Wars Weekend, I went to see a special sneak preview and information session for this. Warwick Davis spoke with a special guest from ILM about the movie and he showed a clip from the cliffside battle involving Anakin and his padawan Ahsoka.

Check it out!

Chickenman

Holy crap, I just saw the second thetrical trailer and....damn this looks like it could actually be really really good.

Drake

They have the vocal talents of Christopher Lee, Sam Jackson, Anthony Daniels and Matt Wood doing their characters. Sadly, it doesn't look like they could get the entire original cast.

Additionally, the guy from ILM, that Warwick interviewed, said this is probably going to be the first CG movie that Lucas will make. He said that George now has the time to delve into time periods and stories he didn't while working on the prequel trilogy. Combine this with Warwick's earlier interview with Amy Allen about the inclusion of Aayla into the movies due to George loving the character from the EU...could this mean possible CG movies based on the post-OT EU? Could there be an X-Wing movie? Thrawn? NJO even?

Chickenman

I wouldn't want to see a new movie every year or whatever, but I do like that he's focusing his attention on the EU now.

Although I do want to see that Tuskeegee Airmen movie he's supposed to be working on.

Radioactive Isotope

i kinda hope not. we all know how well directors/writers other than GL stick to the books.

Drake

If not the books then at least stories based during those time periods.

Radioactive Isotope

a spin-off show would be alright.

Chickenman

I think he's done some cool stuff for the EU lately. He was involved with the Clone Wars cartoons. That came out pretty cool. The Force Unleashed was also created with his direct guidance and input.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.