Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

News: Clone Wars Adventures MMO to close in March

Andy

Sone Online Entertainment has announced that the Clone Wars Adventures MMO is to close on 31st March 2014.SOE's Director of Global Communications, Michele Cagle issued this statement:

At Sony Online Entertainment, we are always evaluating our portfolio to ensure we’re providing players with the best gameplay experiences. At times, as part of this commitment, we have to make the difficult decision to sunset a game so we can refocus our resources on other areas in the best interest of our company and player community.

With that said, it is with a heavy heart that we announce our decision to discontinue development on Free Realms, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and Wizardry Online. Although these closures will occur later this year, in the spirit of full transparency, we are announcing this now so our players have time to adjust to the news and make plans to enjoy the time remaining in these games.

This leaves BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic as the last Star Wars MMO standing, and ties in with the conclusion of The Clone Wars television series and comics.

Meanwhile, SOE President John Smedley told fans of the defunct Star Wars Galaxies MMO on Reddit that their new game in development would enable SWG fans to "come home". Intriguing!

Click here to view the article

Andy

I'll be honest... I didn't even know this was a thing. :p I was a fan of SWG though.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.