Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

Debate Table

chozen

Then the lordeth ofeth alleth theth landeth saideth: "Wow, somebodies bored" :p

Drake

Mel Gibson doesn't play Jesus...some other dude does. :p

Andy

fairly accurate from the trailers

Really? I didn't know you were around then. :p

Radioactive Isotope

biblically accurate. :roll:

and according to Mormon doctrine, we all existed in spirit form before we were born, so, i was there :p

chozen

yeah.. but are only about 5 mormons in the whole world.. So we really can't take what they say for granted. :p

Drake

Well it's what Christians believe too so you can take us for granted. ;)

JainaSolo;)*

we do?

*blinks*

from what I heard, it's supposed to be really graphic. my pastor has been showing people the trailors and apparently some random elderly lady has decided that it's too graphic for children, so the church won't allow us *shivers* (yes, I'm still considered a little kid in places other than here. c'mon, people, I'm fourteen, not eleven! :mad: ) to buy tickets. I'm going with my aithest buddies to see it whenever they decide to go... :p which is probably never, but oh well...

chozen

Well it's what Christians believe too so you can take us for granted

I shouldn't laugh.. But I will anyway. Hahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah well. It's there fault for not being popular.

Drake

That sounds like an insult towards Mormonism...and you know what we think about flamers. *cough*BANNED!*cough*

chozen

:roll:

Actually. To me it sounds like a fact and more importantly a matter of opinion in a debate thread, which generally thrive on people's opinions. So *cough* be quiet *cough*

Princess

Chozen, you can't write off the opinions of others as insignificant.

chozen

And I did?! I just stated the fact that they are insignificant to me in contrary to my own beliefs, which I'm perfectly in my right to do.

If I said they were insignificant to all people and is general BS, then you'd have every right.

Dis-charged

JainaSolo;)*

:roll:

that would be a more fitting emoticon if it weren't smiling...

Radioactive Isotope

i would have to agree with you on that one, Jaina. one smacking his head on a brick wall would be even better. :D

aannndddd....if some people would be so kind as to not make light of others' beliefs.....

Radioactive Isotope

yeah.. but are only about 5 mormons in the whole world.. So we really can't take what they say for granted. :p

actually, there are over 11 million of us, which is small to the rest of the world comparatively speaking, but a whole lot more than you're crediting.

chozen

That's very interesting

Drake

I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was truely amazing. There were several parts in the film where tears were welling up because it was so emotional.

As for the controversy over it, I don't really see why the Jewish community is getting so worked up over it. Sure, they were responsible for having Jesus put to death but they were only judging him according to their laws and by what they knew. Also, that specific Jewish sect no longer exists.

Some people don't realize that the Jews didn't kill Jesus (which is the source of their persecution), it was everyone who killed him. Even us today. He died for us so that we may live and be forgiven of our sins.

Radioactive Isotope

that, and technically, the Romans killed him. the Crucifiction itself wasn't the main thing that redeemed mankind, but rather His suffering in the Garden.

Roethlisberger

I am Jewish, and I have a question:

If Jesus was meant to die because of our sins, why does everyone make a huge fuss about who killed him?

Drake

In my opinion, most of the people who make a fuss about it are non-Christians and even some Christians who don't know the whole truth and are trying to connect the dots and put the blame on someone. That's how I see it anyway.

Ender

Ok, if this movie is so anti-Semitist, why is the person who plays Jesus' mom Jewish?

Kinda makes you wonder...

Roethlisberger

I never accused it of being anti-semitic.

Ender

Wasnt talking to you. Just about most people in the world.

Roethlisberger

Maybe she didn't realize it.

She's only half-Jewish anyway.