Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

Debate Table

chozen

:rofl:

Wow.. Could you ever imagine the Chinese using Bush to wipe their arses? The though is so.... absurd

Ender

See what I mean about the Chinese being Imperialists?

GI_Admiral

Hmm...I hope I go to china while they still sell them!!!

Andy

See what I mean about the Chinese being Imperialists?

I hardly think that producing novelty toilet paper is a sign of Imperialism :roll:

chozen

true... If it was imp toilet paper.. It would all be made out of sand paper

Ender

I hardly think that producing novelty toilet paper is a sign of Imperialism :roll:

I was joking.

Pandora

Okay, gotta say this:

I don't care who you are, where you are/ are from, what your political affiliation, etc: Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING gives anyone the right to disrespect the leader of a country, so long as the leader is following international laws and/or the laws set up by the founders of said leader's country. This means President Bush as well. You may not like him, hell you might hate him. But that does NOT give you the right to be disrespectful. There is a difference between honoring the man, and honoring the office. I may despise Clinton, but while he was in office, he was still the president, and therefore his OFFICE warrented respect. I might think Chirac is a total idiot and a coward, but he's still the leader of France, and it is in THAT that he should be respected. The only thing worse than such rudness towards your leader is disrespect and contempt for him in the time of war, when he needs the most support. Countries are destroyed by behavior like this.

And just for the record: of course China doesn't like us. We try to protect the countries they want to take over. Personally, I don't care.

{And coming up next... world-domination tips from gb's favorite tyrant :roll: }

chozen

Well.. I still disrespect America and will keep on doing so until I get my land back.. Until that day I still regard American foreign policy as total crap.

Pandora

WHAT land???

chozen

The land I own.. That is now occupied by another country.. all thanks to the grand ol' US of A

Radioactive Isotope

gotta love us :p :roll:

chozen

No.. No one loves you, JM.. Not even god. :p :roll:

Drake

Wow...that was...HARSH. Trying not to laugh...so bad... but so funny.

Radioactive Isotope

No.. No one loves you, JM.. Not even god.  :p  :roll:

you're wrong. my boyfriend loves me, so :p:roll:

and that was uncalled for

Edited by Lady Eowyn

Tsl

poor JM....*snickers* er...yeah. :p :p

Drake

"I think I'm going to go hide somewhere. I'm going to go live somewhere where no one can find me..I'm going to put up my tent and hide out beside the weapons of mass destruction. That's the one place where no one will be able to find me. *laughs*

That was from his documentary/interview about The Passion of the Christ...which leads nicely into the next discussion.

What do you think about this (often controversial) film depicting the last 12 hours of Jesus Christ?

Please visit the website.

chozen

Actually.... Sorry Jm.. I got a little pissed.. Maybe it touched a nerve.

Princess

I think that the movie is going to be very interesting, especially because the Pope has pulled his backing from it. I'll probably watch it because I want to, but also because I know that the Pope doesn't approve and I want to see why.

chozen

That was from his documentary/interview about The Passion of the Christ...which leads nicely into the next discussion.

What do you think about this (often controversial) film depicting the last 12 hours of Jesus Christ?

Please visit the website.

It will be educational.. if done correctly.. A lot of people will have a deeper knowledge of christ.. But I swear.. If they bring in a kate winslet, or another sad case nobody trying to get fame, to be Jesus' wife or long lost romantic lover... Grrr..

Andy

Just what we need, another movie about Jesus. :roll:

Drake

It will be educational.. if done correctly.. A lot of people will have a deeper knowledge of christ.. But I swear.. If they bring in a kate winslet, or another sad case nobody trying to get fame, to be Jesus' wife or long lost romantic lover... Grrr..

Monica Belluci (Persephone from Reloaded/Revolutions) will be playing Mary Magdelene...who was one of Christ's good friends.

Just what we need, another movie about Jesus. :roll:

This is really the first movie about Biblicalness to make it so big....ever since Ben Hur and The Ten Commandments...and Prince of Egypt.

Ender

Monica Belluci (Persephone from Reloaded/Revolutions) will be playing Mary Magdelene...who was one of Christ's good friends.

Really. I may have to go just for that... ;)

Radioactive Isotope

actually, it looks really good, and fairly acurtate from the trailers. very deserving of that R, though. 33 AD is not one of the most cheery times to make a movie out of, so the rating didn't really surprise me. that and Mel Gibson's got a habit of making violent movies.

chozen

hehehe... Jesus with a sword and face paint screaming; you may take our.. hehe

Tsl

"You may take our hehe!" he spaketh.

The Book of Nonexistance 8:14

:p

This verse sprung up an entire denomination of Christians known as the Heheians...that was before it was discovered that The Book of Nonexistance was really only something someone wrote on a napkin at Burger King and had been using as a book mark in a copy of the New Testament. :p